Account Management

Y/N looked at the central computer monitor. He was overlooking the names of the banks he had found, having just arrived in the cave from his conversation with Captain Gordon.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"They say he wore a black mask."

Batman stood in the shadows, his distance kept from the search light. "Accomplices?"

"Twenty guys. Civilian clothes. Reports are they pulled up white masks. Black skull print." Gordon says, his hands in his pockets.

The caped figure stands in contemplation. "Black mask. White suit. Everyone else was wearing normal clothing. He wanted to be seen. He had the others wear masks to show he was in charge. That he wasn't alone."

"So we're dealing with a guy with an ego? Fun. But why would he want to be seen? And by who?"

"It's likely he wants to exercise some form of power. That's why he looks so different from the others. He's probably been put down, kept from reaching a point of command."

"So he wants those who've been above him to see him. Show them he's got what it takes to be alpha." Gordon adds. "The question is how robbing banks factors into rebellion."

Batman stands silent for the moment, lost in thought.

"Money laundering."

Gordon looks to him with a quirked brow. "What makes you say that?"

"Earlier tonight I searched Cobblepot's office in the Iceberg Lounge. In it I found a list of bank names. The one hit today was one of them." Batman elaborates.

Gordon stroked his chin, eyes to the ground. "So he's going after Cobblepot's wallet." A smirk spread across his mustached lips. "We play our cards right, we can bag him on money laundering, possibly link it to weapons dealing."

"I'll send you the list of names. I'll need you to lightly irradiate the bills."

"That way we can track their radiation signatures." Gordon thought aloud. "I'll see what I can do."

He saw the dark figure recede further into the shadows. "Wait!"

The pair of blank eyes turn back to him expectantly.

"I, uh, put in a good word for you with the Commissioner. He's willing to let you on scene and assist, under heavy supervision of course."

"How heavy?"

"Five officer minimum. If he'd of had his way it'd of been double that."

"He'd have the whole of the GCPD watching if he could."

"He doesn't exactly trust you."

"And you do?"

Gordon pauses for a moment. "I have faith in you."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"Gotham Bank." Y/N says to himself. He searches through their recent dealings and open accounts. He found that Oswald had no ties to the bank in any form. He did however find one name of interest.