Harmonious Symphony

Blake walked down the street with purpose. She made a move to turn into one of the alleyways at her side. The young woman checked her surroundings to assure herself no one was watching.

Scurrying into the shadows, Blake waited, eyes searching through the dark. A set of footsteps approached her. The footsteps halted, Sun crossing his arms.

"What do you have?" Blake asks directly.

"Picked up some chatter. They keep bringing up Mountain Glenn, apparently something they've been planning for a whole now."

Blake's brow furrowed in confusion. "Mountain Glenn? But it's grimm infested, no one's been there in decades."

"Which means whatever they're doing must be pretty important if this little field trip has them excited."

The cat eared girl nodded. "Alright, I'll see if I can get down there."

Sun nodded in affirmation, turning to walk away.

"Sun?"

There was a moment of silence, however the cessation of his movement told her he was listening.

"Why are you helping me? I never asked, but...what's your reason for fighting against the Fang?"

The blonde monkey hung his head. He turned around, giving Blake a stern look.

"The White Fang is hurting people. Problem is, they don't check to make sure it's the right people."

With that, he shoves his hands in his pockets and walks off, leaving Blake by herself in the secluded alleyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 Day Later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gordon walked into the mortuary tiredly dragging his hand down his face. Things just couldn't get any worse, of that much he was convinced. He'd have to talk with Loeb about a possible mandate for young girls to travel in groups. He prayed issuing a curfew wouldn't be necessary. Opening the examination room door, the captain was quick to find he wasn't as early as he had presumed.

"You're....already here. I've only seen you out in the day once."

Batman didn't respond. His soulless eyes washed over the young blonde girl. It was as if he could see through her, down to every last detail.

"She was different. Danielle was discarded. She was beheld." Batman says lowly.

"Picked up on that." Gordon affirms. "Danielle's school records showed she had a history of truancy issues. Low grades, prone to detention. Textbook delinquent."

"She was a waste." Batman mused. "She didn't contribute to society, she wasted her space in it, so he placed her among the garbage where he felt she belonged."

"And showing her off was a way to show he could even make rags look like riches." Gordon follows disdainfully.

"Which brings us here." The vigilante says in reference to the blonde. "Who is she, and what made her different?"

"Grace Wilkins. Honors student. Teachers always called her parents, but it would be to tell them how great she was doing."

"Total opposite..." Batman mutters.

The duo seemed to share a thought. It was possible this killer held societal expectations. The issue with that was killing Grace, she seemed like a firm societal contributor in the making. It was then that it was made clear to them. They weren't killed because of who they were, that came second. They were targeted because of what they were.