The Brave And The Bold: Part I

The Batcave was a solemn place that took upon itself many roles. It was as much a place of calculated thought as it was a home to festering rage. It was also a fortress constructed by the Batman, an impenetrable bulwark erected by an insurmountable bastion.

Batman slammed against the side of the Batmobile with an unholy amount of force. The caped crusader slumped down against the midnight colored vehicle. Blood trailed from his mouth, nose, and the several gashes marring his suit.

With a heavy groan he raises himself against the car with lumbering movements. Batman raises a hand and grips the knife imbedded in his chest, ripping the ornate weapon from its place and throwing it to the floor.

Heavy booted footsteps reverberated off the cave walls. A broad and muscular figure loomed in the distance, his crimson, knightly armor clambering with each step. The blade of his broadsword hovered a short distance above the ground.

"He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering and familiar with pain."

Batman wipes the blood away from his lip. He shakily raises his fists to chin level. His assailant raises his sword in turn. The thumb of his red and black gloved hand traced over the golden crucifix that formed its hilt. The sterling silver blade became alight with golden flames.

"Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem."

The light from his flaming blade illuminated the invader. His scarlet red armor was regal in nature. Plates of deep red were intermittently broken by pearlescent white and shimmering gold. The shadow cast from the shade of his garnet hood obscured his similarly shaded mask.

"Gotham deserves deliverance from its suffering and redemption for its sins, Batman. For that bright new day, the dark knight must fall."

《●●●●●●●●》
{丅ᕼᗴ ᕼᗴᖇᗝ 丅ᕼᗴƳ ᗪᗴՏᗴᖇᐯᗴ }
《●●●●●●●●》

Vale

Financial District

3 Months Earlier

"Do you know pain?"

Adam sat at a small wooden table before a window. He glances at the glass of bourbon in his hand, holding it up to the pale moonlight. He turns his gaze to his current company, a man in a grey pinstriped suit bound to a chair. His gray hair was frazzled, several cuts across his face and his clothes. His muffled cries failed to penetrate his gag.

".......No, I don't think you do." Adam answers for him as he steps toward him. "But I do. I know pain; true pain. Sometimes I share it, sometimes with someone like you."

The bull horned man unsheathes his sword from its place on his hip, inspecting the red blade.

"I've searched for you a long time Matthew. Ruben has already paid his dues, it's come time you do as well."

Matthew's screaming only rose in volume. With tired annoyance, Adam extends his blade forward and swipes through the white cloth around the man's mouth. Matthew took the opportunity to yell with all the air his lungs could carry.

"What the hell do you want you cow fucking lunatic?! You wanna get back at me for something?! Is that it?! You wouldn't be the first pal, you're not special!"

"You're mistaken; this isn't revenge." Adam replies calmly. "Vengeance only benefits the self, a vapid attempt to justify one's rage. This is justice. Unfeeling, dispassionate, and equal."

"Oh yeah? And why should I believe you? You're the psycho that chopped up my house!"

Adam looked behind the man to the room behind him. The space was largely untouched and undisturbed. That was to say nothing of the several armed bodyguards that were strewn across the floor, their blood spattered in scarlet streaks across the walls.