#5: The Million Dollar Man

"Master Y/N! Master Y/N are you there?!" Alfred's voice echoed in the expansive estate.

He searched diligently through the many rooms. Finally making his way to the immense garage, he saw his young charge standing in the room's center.

The young man in question, dressed in gray sweatpants and a tight fitting black v-neck, inspected the automobiles before him.

"I need a car."

"Pardon, sir?" The butler asked in befuddlement.

"Grappling from rooftop to rooftop isn't going to cut it. Not permanently, anyway. I'll need a proper form of travel." Y/N positions his hands in his pockets and begins a leisurely stroll down the garage.

Alfred is quick to start behind the young man. "So you're perusing through your father's cars?"

"The family's cars, Alfred. You know my father was never into that sort of thing." Y/N corrects.

"Hmm." Alfred hums to himself passively. "And what exactly are you looking for, sir?"

Y/N contemplates his answer. "Something concealable. Rudiment and effective. Something reliable." At those last words, Y/N halts in front of one of his family's older vehicles. A muscle car, an older Camaro model. He takes note of its attributes; its matte black exterior, its gray highlights, tinted windows.

"Seems we have a winner." Alfred chimed in.

Y/N glances at the older man momentarily before lifting the car's hood. He takes account of its engine. It's powerful, but it wouldn't be strong enough.

"Say, Alfred..."

The caretaker turns to the younger man.

"Would you be up for a little...project?" Y/N says with a ghost of a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team RWBY strode through the streets of Vale, though one of its members was notably less than cheerfull.

"Come on Rubes, you can't still be bummed about clipping that thing can you?" Yang spoke out to her sister.

"I already told you, it wasn't a thing. That was a living, breathing person." Ruby says somberly.

"Oh yeah? If it was a person, where was its aura?" Yang says as if her question needs no answer.

"Yang, you should know just as well as the rest of us that that's not how that works." Blake says warily.

"Pfft, like it matters. No aura, no soul. Right Weiss?" Yang proclaimed.

The heiress was hesitant to respond to her teammate. "As strange as it is to say, I'll have to agree with Ruby. Think about it, it's far more likely some lunatic is running around in a bat suit than an actual bat creature."

"I don't get it! You guys think just because it walks it can talk?! It had no aura! People have souls, people have aura. That thing clearly didn't have one!" Yang practically screams at her team, desperate for some form of agreement.

To her chagrin, none came.

"You know what? Whatever! You guys can believe what you want! But you won't be satisfied till you see it hurt someone! Or worse!"

Blake raises her hands defensively. "Can we all just calm down? We still have that gala to go to tonight. Lets try to be a team, ok? At least for the night?"

The girls all share a look, and Yang reluctantly agrees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~