Point of Impact

"The hell was that?!" Weiss shouts.

Y/N walks over to the caves computer, removing his cowl. "Former Atlesian super soldier. Codename Deathstroke."

"And what was he coming after me for?!"

"He's a mercenary. It's likely anyone could have hired him, but if I had to guess, I'd say White Fang." Y/N states while typing at the computer.

"Ok, other question. How do you know each other?" Yang asks with folded arms.

Y/N lets out a sigh. He looks back over to the girls, his gaze locking with Yang's.

"Do you remember the night you found me here?"

Yang blinks at the mention of the event. "Wait, that was him?!"

"And two others." Y/N says turning back to the computer. "Cobblepot's put a bounty on my head, and he's hired three assassins to collect it."

"And you weren't gonna tell us?!"

"It was unimportant."

"Bullshit!" Yang steps forward with crimson eyes.

The others watched stunned. Yang had never said a word to him. It was quite the leap to start yelling at him.

"Yang..." Ruby speaks tentatively.

"No, Ruby!" Yang shouts. She turns back to Y/N. "You almost died! That seems pretty fucking important to me!"

Weiss jumped to Y/N's side. "You can't just play with your life like this! You should have told us!"

"It didn't concern you."

"Well it does now! I was almost killed!"

Y/N clenched his jaw at that. It certainly couldn't be denied. He looked over to Yang. She glared back up at him. The two held gazes for a moment. Y/N eventually sighs.

"I made you a promise." He relents.

"You're damn right you did." The brawler says with a stern tone.

Blake watches the pair inquisitively. Her eyes flick back and forth between the billionaire and the brawler.

Weiss watches as well. First Yang tries to kill Y/N, then she won't speak to him, and now all of a sudden they were spending whole days together and making promises. Something definitely didn't add in that equation.

Y/N rubs his face tiredly. He goes back to the computer. "The four of you are staying here until further notice."

"What?! What for?!" His friend crys indignantly.

"You have a trained assassin out for your head."

"And you have three!"

"Batman does. Y/N Wayne doesn't."

"I don't know if it's because you think you're better than us, but huntresses are trained for danger!"

"He has a point Weiss." Ruby supports.

Her partner looks to her in disbelief. "But-"

"He's not wrong. Right now you're a flight risk. We don't know who this guy will or won't hurt." Blake backs her leader.

Weiss groans at the shared opinion. She couldn't deny the facts. She recognized she very well could put innocent lives in jeopardy. She turns back to Y/N.

"Do you?"

"Do I what?" He asks dully.

"Think you're better than us." She says spitefully.