Volume 1-Chapter 7: The Forest that will Forever Fall

As the night darkens with every second, we all move in to see Team JNPR's dorm room shining because of the light. Pyrrha looks out of the window with a sad look, Nora jumps on the bed as it makes a squeak every bounce, and Ren inspects his weapons to check if they're okay.

"How come Jaune gets home so late?" Nora asks as she keeps on bouncing on the bed.

"He's become rather scarce ever since he started fraternizing with Cardin." Ren answers Nora.

"That's weird... Doesn't he know we have a field trip tomorrow? We need our rest!" She says this while twirling in midair so her back hits the covers.

"*Angrily* I'm sure our leader knows exactly what he's doing" Pyrrha says, as Ren and Nora glance at each other.

What they didn't know was that Jaune was listening at the other side of the door. 

"Mmmm...I guess so." Nora says.

Jaune slowly backs away from the door, closing it at the same time.

"Hey Jaune! *Jaune gets startled, as he turns around to find Ruby in her pajamas* Long time no see. Did you lock yourself out again?" Ruby asks Jaune as she points at the door.

"Oh! Uhh...Nope! *Shows his scroll* Got it!" Jaune says.

"So! Where have you been lately?" Ruby asks Jaune.

"I uh...*Sigh* I messed up. I did something I shouldn't have, and now Cardin has me on a leash, and Pyrrha won't even talk to me. At least (Y/n) gave me advice, but...I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea. *Presses his back on the door, and slides down* I'm a failure." Jaune depressingly says.

"Nope!" Ruby says making Jaune look at her.

"Nope?" Jaune says confused and surprised.

"Nope! You're a leader now, Jaune. You're not allowed to be a failure." Ruby says.

"But...what if I'm a failure at being a leader?" Jaune asks.

"Hmmmm...Nope!" Ruby responds.

"*Chuckle* You know, you're not the easiest person to talk about this kind of stuff." Jaune says as Ruby slides down the door too.

"Nope! *Jaune leans into the door some more*Jaune, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid...*Jaune groans and sinks lower to the ground*... and you might've even been a failure the first day we met!*He groans and goes lower* But, you can't be one now. You know why?" Ruby says while looking at Jaune.

"Uhhhh...because...?" Jaune says as Ruby goes to talk, but is interrupted.

"Because, dummy. Isn't it obvious. You're team knows how to fight, and your part of that team." They both look up and see Dante leaning on the wall in front of them.

"Dante? What are you doing here?" Jaune asks, as Dante walks to them and leans on the wall.

"Well, personally, I didn't want to get left out of the team leader talk, you two were having. Also, because Ruby isn't easy." Dante says, making Ruby pout.

"As I was saying, because it's not just about you Jaune. You've got a team now, Jaune. All three of us do! And if we fail, then we'll just be bringing them down with us. *She gets up and places her hands on her hips as she speaks* We have to put our teammates first, and ourselves second. Your team deserves a great leader, Jaune. And I think that can be you. *She walks over to her door and opens it as Jaune, slightly inspired by her words, watches her wave* Have a good night, Jaune!" Ruby says as she goes inside.