Volume 5-Chapter 4: The Journey Begins

Inside the house, it is shown that all of the members were currently helping cook. Nora was cutting up carrots while occasionally eating some, Dante was cleaning some of the materials that were needed, Ruby and Ren were in front of the stove cooking, and Jaune is setting up the table.

"Alright, the first batch is just about done." Ren says while slowly moving the ladle in the pot.

"Awesome! Now we just need Qrow and we'll be all set." Ruby says.

"Oh boy, do I love me some hot food." Dante says while daydreaming.

"Do you really think he's gonna bring that many people? This is a lot of food." Nora says while eating another carrot slice.

"Uh, I don't know, but it sounds like we could use all the help we can get." Ruby says while stirring something.

"I'm back!" Qrow says out of everyone's view.

"Be right there!" Ruby says while looking over her shoulder.

Ren looks at the pan Ruby is using as he says, "You're going to overcook that."

"No, I'm not! Shut up!" Ruby says.

"Hey, uh, Ruby?" Qrow asks.

"I'm coming!" Suddenly, the pan coughs out a cloud of black smoke.

"Wow, didn't know that was possible." Dante says.

"Fine, you take over." Ruby says to Ren.

Ruby grabs a tea tray as she begins moving to Qrow's location.

"I'll help. In case of any emergencies." Dante says while leaving his post.

"Do you not trust me?" Ruby asks.

"Uh... Yes? Questionable, really." Dante says as Ruby looks at him with a deadpan.

"I'm joking, of course, I trust you. To an extent." Dante says.

Ruby and Dante look ahead, immediately being shocked by what they see. Ruby drops the tray, but Dante swipes it with his left hand, still continuing to be surprised.

"Woah... Happy reunion, I guess." Dante says.

In front of them; Yang, Weiss, Lady, and (Y/n) were standing, with Qrow to the side. Ruby centers her focus on Yang, not being able to say anything. Yang walks ahead, going toward Ruby.

"Yang, I... I'm so sorry! I- I should've stayed, and I should've talked to you more! I'd-- I just..." Ruby says as tears start pouring from her eyes, "I wasn't sure if you wanted me around and--"

Yang quickly grabs Ruby and places her in a hug. Ruby looks up to Yang as her lips quiver.

"I love you" Yang says with tears streaming.

Ruby grabs onto Yang as she says, "I love you too"

Jaune, Nora, and Ren walk closer to the group with smiles, not saying anything to ruin their moment. Qrow also smiles. Footsteps come from a hallway, another person entering the living room, that being the young boy from the farm, Oscar Pine.

Oscar looks around in confusion, noticing new people, but he notices the situation going around so he decides to stay quiet. Weiss smiles as well as she wipes a tear from her eye before looking down with a small frown.

"Weiss..." Ruby calls out, making her look up, showing that Ruby and Yang had their arms open for another hug.

Weiss quickly accepts the hug. Lady walks over to Dante and (Y/n), as they had walked over to each other. Dante smiles and puts his hand out for a high-five, Lady smirks and accepts the gesture.