Volume 2-Chapter 5: Internal Problems

Pyrrha Nikos, the Invincible Girl, gears up in the locker room to get ready for her fight. She walks down the hallway to get back to her battle against Team CRDL.

While walking down, Pyrrha takes out her main weapon and shield. Once she got there, the battle begun, and Cardin ran at Pyrrha with his mace, but Pyrrha blocked with her shield and swung her the xiphos variant of her weapon at Cardin. Cardin swung his mace once again, but Pyrrha parried it to the side as she striked Cardin with her shield.

She then blocked a strike from Dove with her shield, and she then kicked him away. Pyrrha turned around, and bashed Russel to the ground with her xiphos. She ran at Cardin as she parried a swing from Cardin's mace, and she then striked the mace upwards, making Cardin stagger back. 

Pyrrha dashed in while striking Cardin with her javelin variant, and she then jumped into the air. She tried to stab Cardin, but he evaded as Pyrrha threw her javelin at Dove's sword. She retrieved her weapon back as she blocked Sky's war axe with her shield, and with her javelin, she spinned it around to stagger Sky. She transformed her javelin in to the rifle, and she launched Sky back with the shots of the rifle.

Sky  got back up and swung his axe at Pyrrha, but she did a corkscrew flip to avoid it as she saw Cardin about to swing his mace. She parried the mace backwards as she sweeped Sky's legs once she landed, and she jumped over Cardin as she threw her shield at him. The shield ricocheted off of Cardin, and took down Sky. 

Dove and Russel ran at Pyrrha, but she bashed Russel away with her shield and kicked Dove after parrying a couple of strikes. Cardin jumped in the air to strike Pyrrha, but she jumped away and shot her rifle at Cardin. Russel blocked the shots with his daggers, and he ran at Pyrrha as he kicks Pyrrha's shield. Russel and Dove start to attack Pyrrha, but she blocks the attacks as Cardin comes back and swings his mace. Pyrrha rolls out of it as she shoots Cardin with her rifle, but he spins his mace to block them.

Pyrrha and Cardin trade many strikes from each others weapons, but Cardin is pushed back by Pyrrha as Russel runs at her. Russel tries to throw one of his daggers at Pyrrha, but she dodged it and used her javelin as she spins around and takes Russel out. Dove shoots a couple of bullets at Pyrrha as she blocks it with her shield, but Cardin takes Dove out himself because he swung at Pyrrha.

Pyrrha jumped out of the way as she launched Cardin to the air, and they started to strike each other. Pyrrha boosts herself by using her shield as she grabs onto Cardin and she puts her javelin around his neck. Pyrrha launches the two back to the ground as she throws Cardin to the ground, and kicks him back up. Cardin was finished.

The lights go back on as Prof. Goodwitch begins to talk.

"And that's the match." Prof. Goodwitch says as she approaches the two. 

"Lucky shot." Cardin says as he drops onto the floor.

"Well done, Miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament." Prof. Goodwitch says to Pyrrha.

"Thank you, Professor." Pyrrha says.

"*Checking her scroll* Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match.*Looks around the classroom* Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna?*Blake slams her book shut while her eyes widen* You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you-" Prof. Goodwitch was interrupted by Mercury raising his hand.

"I'll do it." Mercury announces.

"*Fixes her glasses* Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent." Prof. Goodwitch says as she checks her scroll.

"Actually, I wanna fight...him." Mercury says as he points at (Y/n) reading his poetry book.

(Y/n) closes the book as he looks at Mercury.