Volume 2-Chapter 8: Home Sweet Home

In Ozpin's office, Goodwitch, Ironwood, and Ozpin discuss what happened at the dance as they wait for (Y/n) and Ruby to arrive.

"They were here...Ozpin they were here!" Ironwood says as he slams his fist on the desk.

"We are very much aware of that! Thank you James." Goodwitch says to Ironwood.

"Fantastic! You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?! And I'm not even going to talk about what is happening with that city because apparently it's under control." Ironwood says as Ozpin gets a signal from the elevator.

"Come in." Ozpin says as he stands up from his chair.

The elevator opens up as (Y/n) and Ruby come out from it.

"Ah, sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here.*(Y/n) looks at Ruby as she looks around the room* It wasn't me." Ruby says as they both walk further into the office.

"Thank you for coming, Ruby and (Y/n). How are you two feeling?" Ozpin asks them.

"Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if our bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three." Ruby says to them.

"Your bad-guy-catching record. I have been catching bad guys my whole life." (Y/n) says to Ruby.

"Ok, my bad-guy-catching record is O-for-three. There, ya happy now?" Ruby asks (Y/n) as he nods.

The two of them look back at the adults to find them staring at them in silence.

"Okay, so that's the tone we're going for, got it." Ruby says while rubbing the back of her head.

"*Ironwood walks over to the two* Ruby, (Y/n), I feel it's appropriate to let you two know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a Huntress and Huntsman is all about. You two recognized the threat. You two took action. And you two did the very best you could." Ironwood says to the two.

"Thank you, sir." Ruby replies.

"Thank you, General." (Y/n) replies.

"Now, the General here has already informed us of the events that... transpired last night, but now that you two have rested, we were wondering if you had anything to add." Ozpin says to the two.

"Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?" Goodwitch asks the two.

"I... I don't know. She was wearing a mask, and she never said anything to me. But I know she fought with glass. I don't think that was her Semblance, though. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked." Ruby says as (Y/n) keeps quiet as he thinks.

"Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby, Dante, and (Y/n)." Goodwitch comments.

"Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone." Ironwood comments.

"Wait, you think this girl's connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?" Ruby asks the adults.

"It's possible. But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together. (Y/n), have anything you want to share?" Ozpin asks (Y/n).

"Not specifically, but I do know that they have a hideout in the Southeast, just outside of the kingdom." (Y/n) says as Ruby looks at him.

"Interesting." Ozpin says as he gets out of his desk area.

"I thought you said the intruder never--" Goodwitch tries to say something about Ruby's earlier explanation.

"To Ruby, she didn't tell anything to Ruby. I got the information." (Y/n) says to Goodwitch.