Volume 3-Chapter 9: PvP

Ozpin walks over to his desk with hus mug in hand as he sees the roulette spinning for the match. Ozpin fills his mug as he hears Oobleck speak.

"Alright, it's now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!" Oobleck announces.

Ozpin walks over to his chair as he sits down.

"It looks like our first contender is... Penny Polendina, from Atlas! And her opponent will be... Pyrrha Nikos, from Beacon!" Port announces as the roulettes stop spinning.

Ozpin takes a sip from his mug as he watches the match that was about to begin.

In the arena, Penny stands excitedly as she awaits for the match to begin while Pyrrha looks hesitant.

"Sal-u-tations, Pyrrha Nikos! It's an honor to finally meet you!" Penny says.

Pyrrha doesn't respond as she looks down at her hands and clenches them in false determination.

"This is going to be so much fun!" Pyrrha says.

Ruby stands right in front of Mercury as he stops her from moving.

"Mercury, what are you doing? You said you left back home.*Ruby narrows her eyes in suspicion* What's going on?*Mercury doesn't respond as he keeps his grin* Fine. If you're not going to tell me..." Ruby says as she attempts to sidestep to her right, but Mercury follows.

Ruby then attempts to go to the left, but he follows as well.

"Fighters, are you ready?" Oobleck announces, getting Ruby's attention.

Mercury smirks.

Penny nods while waiting for the countdown although Pyrrha still doesn't seem to want to fight. Many people were watching this fight, Ironwood was there, the rest of JNPR, and the two ladies of DVIL.

"3... 2... 1... BEGIN!" Oobleck announces.

Penny immediately takes out her swords and shoots them at Pyrrha. Pyrrha runs right at them as she jumps into the air and dodges or blocks any swords that she could. The sword went behind Pyrrha before turning back, and launching themselves towards the two.

Mercury listens into the fight before turning to Ruby.

"Showtime." Mercury says as he begins to follow Ruby's attempts at getting past him with his arms outstretched.

Ruby desperately looks around before activating her Semblance and becoming a  blur of red petals that shoots at Mercury. Mercury jumps into the air and kicks the petals while shooting a Dust round, making Ruby get out of her Semblance before Mercury kicks her again to launch her back.

Mercury slowly walks towards Ruby who brings out her scroll in a desperate attempt to call for her weapon. But Mercury shoots her scroll out of her hand.

"Let's just keep this between us friends." Mercury says while going towards Ruby once again.

Pyrrha now spins her javelin to block the swords from Penny, but Pyrrha is pushed back by Penny, making her back up with a handstand flip.

"My word! What a tremendous display by Miss Polendina!"

Pyrrha jumps onto one of Penny's incoming swords to then jump at Penny and swing her javelin down on Penny. But Penny blocks it with her swords before backing up, and going back in. Penny begins to push Pyrrha back with her swords, but Pyrrha back away before pulling her shield from her back to her hand.