Volume 2-Chapter 7: Useless to Important

The school dance is livelier than ever, the students are having fun, the teachers are having fun, and the music makes it all the better. Ruby and Dante are standing at the refreshments table as Jaune walks over to the two.

"I see you guys are hiding at the punch bowl too." Jaune says to them.

"Yep." Dante and Ruby reply to Jaune.

"To the socially awkward." Jaune says as the three clink their glasses.

"Sorry things didn't work out with Weiss." Ruby apologises to Jaune.

"Yeah, seems pretty bad when your friend just dances with your crush. My bad as well." Dante apologises as well.

"Meh, it's fine. (Y/n) is cool, and he knows what to do even in tough situations. So I get why she would go with him, joking around will only get you so far." Jaune says as he doesn't seem bothered by the fact (Y/n) would go with Weiss.

"(Y/n) was never one to care for people." Dante says confusing the two.

"What do you mean by that?" Jaune asks.

"Well, until very recently, (Y/n) would always turn away the chance of helping others if it came with stopping his search for "power". So, seeing him half-enjoying his time with Weiss, makes it better for me." Dante says while smiling.

"Alright, at least I know I didn't interrupt with helping a friend. I'll take that as a plus for the day." Jaune replies to Dante.

"You know, maybe (Y/n) and Weiss could work out. They both need help, they're both emotionally hidden, and they're both stubborn to do things. Seems like a good match to me." Ruby says while the two look at her in confusion.

"That just seems like a married couple that was forced into it, and you see that they are divorcing in the next week or so." Dante says to Ruby with Jaune nodding.

"Oh come on, guys! Trust the process!*Points over to (Y/n) and Weiss trying to fix a white rose* See, they seem to be helping each other. Although it is a weird way of doing so." Ruby says as they look at the two.

Weiss tries to make the rose bend upwards, but it simply flops back down. Weiss looks visibly upset, but (Y/n) puts his hand on the rose as his blue aura shines a bit from his hand. The rose seems to regain a bit of its form as Weiss quickly puts it in between the other roses, and she looks back to (Y/n) with a happy smile.

"She told me she wouldn't ask him out because she was to busy, but I guess while helping him out she decided to do it." Ruby says to the two.

Jaune looks at the two, and sees the Weiss is having a better time than she would have if she would be alone. He sighs before looking at the dance floor, and noticing Pyrrha walk across the floor.

"Hold my punch." Jaune says as he starts walking over to Pyrrha, but she seems to go up a flight of stairs. Jaune quickly goes up the stairs and goes into the balcony Pyrrha went to.

 Jaune quickly goes up the stairs and goes into the balcony Pyrrha went to