Volume 4-Chapter 3: Run and Hide

Seagulls squawk as they fly over the peaceful blue waters that is the ocean. A wooden ship with many passengers goes through the waters. One of the passengers, rested on the railing of the ship while looking at the ocean with a sad expression, and that person was Blake Belladonna.

 One of the passengers, rested on the railing of the ship while looking at the ocean with a sad expression, and that person was Blake Belladonna

Blake is startled by a noise to her right, but once she looks at it, she sees that it was two kids laughing. Blake looks back to the ocean as she almost smiles.

"Travelling alone?"

Blake is startled once again as she grabs the hilt to her weapon on her back and looks behind herself, but she stops once she sees it was the captain of the ship. The man doesn't move at all.

"Now, now, no threat here. Just here to chat." The captain says with his hands in the air to reassure.

Blake looks at the captain for a second before putting her hand down with a roll of her eyes.

"And why is that?" Blake asks the captain as he rests his hands on the railing.

"Well, not many people travel by ship on their own. It can be quite a lonely voyage. But I found those that do tend to have the more... interesting stories." The captain says to Blake as she clenches her fist, but rests her arms on the railing nonetheless.

"Maybe it's just... better for some people to be alone." Blake says as the two kids from before run behind the two.

Blake is startled once again as she gasps and turns around to see the kids once again. The captain laughs at the scene, making Blake turn to him.

"Maybe, but with your paranoia, I think a few friendly faces wouldn't hurt." The captain says, making Blake turn away from him with an angry expression.

"Who says I'm paranoid?!" Blake angrily says, making the captain laugh once again.

"No one, dear. No one. I'll leave you be.*The captain turns around and walks away, but not before turning and saying something* But uh, fair warning: these trips can be awfully boring." The captain says before leaving.

Blake turns back to the ocean before closing her eyes and thinking. She opens them once again and unties her bow, letting her cat ears be visible. She looks down at the ribbon in her hand.

"Mmm. Won't be needing this." Blake says before letting the bow flow in the air.

It kept on going before dropping in the water. She turned around and walked away, not seeing two cloaked figures standing far to her left side. One of them hid a grotesque weapon from the passengers.

 One of them hid a grotesque weapon from the passengers