Chapter 25: Later

We were out of the house at this point, and I was not going to lie, it was in fact now a bit relaxing. There were not very many trees around the area, therefore making it a lot easier for the wind to blow through the air. It calmed me down a bit as well, as I had been so stressed out over nothing.
I blinked just a few times, to try and shake all of it off, and then I turned my head over to the man and his wife, who were both looking right at me. I felt a bit nervous, and I was still a bit embarrassed about the way that I had acted not too long ago as well.
I wanted to shake out all of the crazy thoughts, and all the stuff that was going through my head right now. It was a bit hard for me to do so though, as the things that I had seen not too long ago, they had just seemed, and they had felt so real.
As I looked at the man, Peter, and the woman, Ashley, I saw that they both had their eyes locked on me. I could tell that the man was not trusting me at all just yet. I did not blame him either, I had acted crazy, and it was all my fault, I was the one to blame for sure.
I then looked over to where I had could hear some more roosters croaking from the other side of the house. From not too far away, I could see quite a tall fenced in area, with a large barn in there as well. On the outside of the barn I could see small little things moving around the area.
If I had to take my best guess as well, I would surely guess that those were chickens. I sat there for just a few moments longer, as I could still see that the husband and wife were still staring at me from the corner of my eye. I gulped real quick, and then I turned my head over to them, and I nodded.
I was not too sure what it was that I was so worried about, if I was going to be completely honest about it. The chickens were really not that hard to take care of. I knew that was a fact for sure, so what was it that was really getting into my head right now?
Well, I already knew the answer to that in fact. It was all of the random dreams that I had been having over the last couple of days. It was that, that scared me so much. I knew that this was a normal family, besides the strange little jokes they liked to say from time to time.
There was nothing to worry about at all, so I was not too sure what it was that had quite gotten into me. I turned my head back over to the man, as he had begun to talk to me. I looked at him on his weird looking eyes, as I listened to what it was that he had to say to me.
"Alright, we are just going to get the eggs, as we have somewhere to be, not too long from now, when we come back we will take care of the horses and the pigs..." He said to me. He sat there, staring at me, with his eyes squinted for quite some time.
I realized that he was waiting for me to respond to what he had just said to him. Or at least, make some sort of effort to let him know that I had heard what he had just said to me. I realized that, as I did my best to take my mind off of all of the thoughts that were swarming through my head right now.
I then kept my eyes on him for a short period of time, and then after just a few more seconds, I finally decided to nod to him, to let him know that I had heard what he had just said to me. He still did not look as though he was too sure that I was being serious, so I went ahead and began to speak to him, to let him know that I had been.
"Yes... Let's go, sorry, I just had some rough sleep last night..." I said to him. He looked at me for a few moments, as he took in what I had just said to him, he then began to rub his chin with his fingers. He then began to understand, as he had remembered what had happened last night, as he then nodded to me.
He then finally turned his head back over to the chicken coop that was about a football fields length away from us. He sat there looking at it for just a few moments, and then he began to walk off of the front porch, nodded for both me and his wife to follow him.
We did so, as I kept on hearing the quite annoying croaks of the roosters over and over again, as they began to get a bit louder as we came over to the chicken coop. Once they had seen us, it did not take long for them to flock their heads over to us.
It was as if we were some sort of thing that was special to them, as I saw many of them trying to fly up to the top of the fence, though none of them got anywhere close, as they fell back down on to the large mob of chickens that was below them.
The man stopped, as he went ahead and nodded to his wife. She seemed to get what it was that he was trying to tell her to do as well, as it seemed to make a bit of a sense to me as well, as I knew that they must be used to this. They walked over and then picked up some large buckets, which were right beside some baskets of dust and what looked to be some left over pieces of food.
I then understood what it was after looking at it a bit longer, as I began to figure out what was going on. As I looked over at the large group of chickens, as they were trying to poke their heads through the fence to reach over to the baskets, to get the last pieces of the food.
I sat there for a few seconds, just taking it all in, as it was a bit chaotic, if I was not going to lie. I gulped a bit, as I then heard to loud voice of the man, as he had begun to speak to me, over to loud chickens that were all making noises, as it was clear that they were hungry. I lifted my head up, and over to him, to listen to what it was that he had to say to me.
"We are going to get some water for the chickens! It is a fair bit of a ways away, so can you just fill up the baskets to feed the chickens?" He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, and then I nodded to him, as it was hard for me to think with all of the chickens.
He nodded back to me as well, as he and his wife then began to walk away from me, and over to where I could see the hoses were on the far side of their house. I turned my head back over to the baskets, as I was now a fair bit confused as to what it was that I was doing.
I quickly turned my head back over to the man, and his wife, before they got too far away to hear me. I then began to speak up to them, loud enough for them to hear me, as they turned their heads over to me, to hear what it was that I had to say.
"Wait! Where is the food for me to feed them at?" I asked them. They looked at me for a few moments, a bit confused as to what I had meant. Which I was not sure as to why, until they then looked at me, as if I was stupid for one reason or another.
I was the one that was confused at the moment however, as I waited for one of them to respond to the question that I had just asked of them. They sat there for a bit, and I saw the wife then roll her eyes at me, as she then began to speak back to me.
"Silly... They're in the shed that is right beside the baskets... Did you not see us open the door to it for you?" She then said back to me. I looked at her a bit confused for just a few moments, until I turned my head to see what had been behind me that I must have missed.
I did in fact see the shed, as I stared at it for a few moments. It was a bit strange to me, because it was in quite an obvious place, and I was not sure how I had not seen it a few seconds ago. I must have just been lost in all of the noise from the chickens I suppose.
I stared at the shed for just a couple of seconds, as something still did not seem right with it. I still could not comprehend how I had missed it, as the door had been wide open, and I could clearly see the bags of food that were all inside of it.
I shook my head, doing my best to try not to think too deep on it, as I then turned my head back over to the man and the woman, as I felt as though I should say something to them, to let them know that I was not just some crazy person.
As I turned my head over to them, they were gone, nowhere to be seen in sight. I sat there for a few moments, a bit confused as to where they must have gone. I then shook my head, as I figured that I should not get too worried about it.
I then turned my head back over to the shed that was in front of me, trying to shake out all of the thoughts that were swarming through my head at the moment, then I began to walk over to the shed that was right there. I then walked in to it, to see which food I needed to get for the chickens.
I looked around for just a few seconds, as I realized that all of it was the exact same food. I rolled my eyes, and then I grabbed 2 bags, as I felt like, surely that should be enough to feed all of the chickens that were there right? It was not as many as I had first thought, maybe up to 250 if I had to guess all of the chickens that were in the barn as well.
I was about to walk out of the shed, when I saw something that was at the corner of my eye. It was not something that was normal either, as it got my attention, as I could of sworn that I had seen in moving at the same time as well.
I squinted my eyes at it, as I saw that it was simply just a scare crow, and there was not a thing that I should be worried about. I just thought that I had seen it moving for some odd reason or another, as if somehow it was alive, and it had been walking around.
I then realized how stupid I must have been, as I saw that even if somehow it was in fact alive, its stick that was used for it to stand up on, had been broken, and it had been broken for quite a while if I had to guess, based off of the nasty green stuff that was growing on it.
I closed my eyes for just a few seconds, as I did my best to relax myself, and to calm myself down, as I needed to get my mind off of all of the stuff that it had been stuck in. Maybe I was in fact going crazy, maybe I was like my father, thinking that everything was just some sort of Satanic thing.
I shook my head at the same time though, as I knew that it was best not to think that way. I then opened my eyes, and I walked out of the shed that I had been standing in for quite a while now. Once I was out, I then began to walk over to the baskets.
I saw that the man and his wife were still nowhere to be seen, as I shook my head trying not to worry about that either, as I then tore open the first bag and I put the other one down on the ground. I then walked over to the baskets, and I began to pour a bunch of food in it.
Once it was full, I then walked over to the next basket, and I did the same thing as I had just done a few moments ago. I poured the food into that one, and I kept on moving to the next ones after that, until the bag that I had used was now out of food.
I put that bag over in the trash bin that was not too far away from the shed that I had just been in, and then I began to tear open the 2nd bag, once I had gone back over to it. Once I had done that as well, I then did the same thing that I had done with the first bag.
As I got to the last basket, I filled it a bit over halfway, and then I realized that I was out of food in it. I walked over to the trash bin and threw it in there just as I had done with the first. I thought about walking back into the shed, to fill the basket completely.
I then thought that it would be best not to do so however, as I really did not want to walk back into that shed, but I did in fact go ahead and close the door to the shed as I walked over to it. I then turned my head over to the baskets that I had just filled, as I saw the man and his wife walking back over to where I was, with full buckets of water.
I nodded to them, as I saw the man do the same to me, as we got up close to each other. The man then stood still for just a few moments, as he looked across the fence that was in front of us. He stared at the chickens for just a few seconds, and then he turned his head back over to me, as he then spoke to me.
"We are going to go threw the first set of fences, once we are threw, we close the door to the exit, and then we open the fence doors to the chicken coop, you just follow us and we will put the food and water down there." He said to me. I looked at him, and then I looked at the chickens, just as he had done.
I sat there, and stared at them for quite some time. I was not going to lie, the chickens looked insanely stupid. I tried to not laugh, but I could not hide the grin on my face. I then turned my head back over to the man, before I did in fact laugh, and then I nodded to him, to let him know that I had heard what he had said.
He nodded back to me, and then the wife went ahead and walked past him, as she had less buckets of water on her, so it was easier for her to open up the door once we had gotten near it. I picked up 2 out of the 10 baskets that were there, and then I walked in with the both of them.
Now that we were in a bit of a small section, the wife then quickly turned her head over to me. I was a bit confused as to why she had done so as well, and then the nodded to me just as her husband had done, and she began to speak to me.
"Watch out for the chicken shit, it is practically everywhere." She said to me, once again, over all of the loud chickens that were all around us. It was a bit hard for me to hear her, but I had gotten to general jest of what it was that she had said to me.
Once everyone seemed to be set, she then slowly began to open the doors to get into the chicken coop, just as she had done so as well, about 5 to 10 chickens flew in, a lot of them going right towards the basket of food that was in my hands.
They jumped on top of it, making it harder to hold, as I had not expected it. The wife quickly put down her water, as she ran over to me to push the chickens off of me. Once they were off, the husband ran threw, and she went back over to get her water.
The both of us did the same as the husband had just done, as she closed the door behind me, though there were 2 or 3 stragglers still inside of there. I looked at her a bit confused as to why she had not let them get out, she shook her head at me and then began to speak.
"If I try to bring them back in, only more will follow them in there... We just need to get this set of food and water down, and then they will all go over to that." She said to me. I nodded back to her, now understanding at what she had been getting at.
I then began to move a bit faster now, since there was a bunch of chickens trying to run up on top of me, to try and get their food a bit earlier than the rest of the chickens. I pushed them off though, and I kept on going, over to where I could see the man putting his buckets down from not too far away.
I got near him, and then I put down the basket, as I saw tons upon tons of chickens jumping on top of the baskets that I had just put down for them. I sat there for just a few moments, and I watched as they fought each other to get the food.
I let out a bit of a small little laugh at the chickens, as I then looked up at the man, who was wiping off his hands. He had his head over to me though, as I could tell that he was just about to say something to me. I nodded to him for him to go ahead and say it. He did so as well.
"Well... Once we open up that door the rest of the chickens will come over here, you just get the rest of the baskets there, and then you get all of the eggs that are inside the barn. We've got to go now, but we will help you out with the other stuff later..."