Chapter 36: Are We Going?

I stood there for just a couple of moments, as I looked at the large cup of blood that was in both of my hands. I felt sick just looking at it, as it was the blood of an innocent rabbit. There was a difference between kill to live, and kill for a sacrifice to Satan.
I remembered being told about the bible, and how in the beginning, when they killed an animal, they prayed to God for thanks for him giving the animal for them to eat. There was a bit of a difference between this, and the man that people liked to call God, but it did not seem to be to these people, that there was.
They believed that the Devil was God, and I was too afraid to say otherwise, as I was not sure what would happen to me if I did so. I stared at the cup of blood for a bit more time, as I then nodded to myself, and then I closed my eyes as well.
I just had to pretend that this was not actually the blood of a raw rabbit that I was about to drink. I let out a bit of a sad sigh to myself once again, and then I moved the cup a little bit closer to me. I then put it up to my mouth, as I smelt the nasty smell of the blood.
I just did my best to hide the scent of it, as I began to put the liquid in to my mouth as well. The scent, and the taste were a bit different for me though, as I coule not just simply hide the taste like I had done with the smell of the blood.
The blood was one of the most nasty things I had ever had to taste, as I opened my eyes, as I looked up at all of the people that were with me. I felt like I was about the throw up, but I once again did my best to not, as I did not want to find out, as to what would happen if I did so.
After drinking a little bit of the blood, I looked down at the cup, as I saw that it looked the exact same as it had, when I had first looked at it, just a couple of moments ago. I groaned to myself in my head, as I did not want to drink any more of the blood.
I also did not want to find out what would happen if I did not finish off the cup as well. I saw all of the smiles from the group that was around me, as it made me feel just a bit better, to know that I had done everything correctly so far.
I then closed my eyes once again, as I knew that it would not put the taste of the blood from off of my tongue, or rid the blood from my mouth, but it at least made me feel a little bit better, and a little bit safer at the same time as well, though there was not really much about this that felt all that safe to me.
As I put the cup back up to my mouth, I suddenly felt the cup taken away from me at the same time as well. As I opened my eyes, and then I looked up to see who had done that. I then saw that it was the man, Patrick, that had done so.
I felt as if I had did something wrong, or maybe there was something that was supposed to happen after I did that, that would put me in the little cult. It must not have happened at all though, and I began to grow a bit scared at the same time, as I saw the look on his face.
I tried my best to see the reaction of the group that was around me at the same time as well, but just as per usual, I saw that they had blank looks on their faces, that told me they either had no emotion at all, or hell, they might not even have a soul.
At least Patrick and his wife seemed to have a bit of a soul, but for Patrick at least, it seemed as if it was a bit of a demented soul that he had. I blinked a couple of times however, to let him know that I was a bit confused as to what was going on, and if I had done something wrong as well.
He stared at me for quite a bit of some time, as he seemed to act like all of the rest of the people that were around me in the circle, as I saw that he just kept a blank look on his face. I was not sure if he was doing it on purpose, or if it was just a part of all that was going on at the exact moment.
I began to shiver a bit, as it suddenly grew a bit cold at the same time as well. I was not sure if it were perhaps the wind blowing in from outside, which I could not really hear, but I knew that Kansas seemed to have quite a bit of ghast of wind at least, from time to time.
I then realized that we were in an area that was surrounded by woods at the same time as well, so that did not make much sense to me at all. I wondered what it was that had made it feel so cold right now. Was it the fact that I had gotten to the end of the ceremony, and I had just had my soul taken out of me?
Surely God knew that I did not actually mean what I had said. Maybe it did not matter though, as I had in fact gone through with the tradition that they had told me about. I felt a bit sick, and a bit scared all at the same time, but luckily I held strong, and I did not show it to all of the others that were with me, though it was freaking me out in my head.
I stared right back at Patrick at the same time, as I felt like it was the only smart move to do. I felt like it would be a bit more smart to look strong, than to rather look afraid at the exact moment. We stood there for a bit of time, as we just had our eyes locked on one another.
I looked at the cup that he had held in his hand, the same cup that I had just drank the blood of a rabbit from, and then I lifted my head, and my eyes back up to him. This time when I looked at him, I saw that he had a much different look in his face.
He had a big smile on his face, which I was not sure if I should be afraid of, or if I should feel a bit better, as it felt like I had done all that I needed to do, in the correct way. I blinked a couple of times, to let him know that I was confused as to what was going on.
Patrick then nodded to me at the same time too, as he then let out a bit of a laugh at the same time too. The rest of the group that was around me, did the same as him, as for some reason, they seemed to know when was the right time to laugh with him, or when it was not.
I nodded back to him, though the laugh of all of the people that were with me, kind of freaked me out, by all of their strange voices and sounds, it also calmed me down at the same time too, as I then began to realize that I had done all of it correctly, and I had done all that I needed to do.
After a couple more seconds, they all eventually began to stop laughing, though Patrick continued to do so, until he had felt like he had laughed plenty. It then went silent for a couple of seconds, until he began to speak to me finally, and I listened to what it was that he had to say to me as well.
"Whoa! Calm down there pal! You just needed to take a quick sip, to get it in your system, you don't have to drink the whole damn cup!" He said to me at the same time. He began to laugh once again, now that he was beginning to repeat what went through his mind at the same time too.
His wife began to laugh with him, and me seeing that she was laughing, I let out a bit of a laugh as well, though mine felt a bit fake, but luckily enough for me at least, it did not sound fake. Seeing that the rest of the group was not laughing with me, I then began to quit laughing, as I was worried that I had made a mistake.
Patrick looked at me, and then he nodded to me, though luckily enough for me, once again, he did not look at all angry with me. I let out a bit of a quiet sigh of relief to myself, as I then heard his wife begin to speak up to me at the same time as well.
"It seems like he enjoyed it, maybe we should have let him keep drinking it." She said back to him. Patrick's smile that he had on his face, and the bit of muffled laughter that he still had left in him, immediately went away, after he had heard what she had just said to him as well.
Ashley, his wife, realized that she had made a bit of a mistake right away, the moment that she had said it. I blinked a couple of times, as I was not sure what she had said, that had been so wrong to him in the first place. Patrick did not look happy at all though, and it was not hard for me to tell at least.
The other people that were in the group right now, did not seem to have any sort of smile on their faces, as for once I saw a little bit of something from them, as they were all looking at each other, over and over again, a bit strangely as well, if I may say so myself.
I shook my head though, as I turned my head, and my eyes back to Patrick at the same time too, as I saw that he did not seem to be too happy as to what his wife had said to him at all, which I still was a bit lost on what it was that she had said, that had been so wrong.
Patrick had his eyes locked on his wife, and not on my luckily enough for me I suppose, but I felt a bit bad for Ashley, as I saw that she had her head down low to the ground, as she too seemed to realize that she had made a bit of a mistake.
Patrick stared her down for a little while longer, as if he was trying to torment her soul. If she had a soul still left in her at least... He then shook his head at her, which looked to be a bit of an angry shake, as he then began to speak back to her.
"Ashley... You know just as well as the rest of us, that the rest of the blood goes to God..." He said to her. I stared at him for a bit of some time, as I suppose that it made a bit of sense now, as to why he was angry, though I would not be angry at her if I was him.
Besides, I still was not quite sure who it was that they actually considered to be God, as I did not remember in the Bible of it saying that the sacrificed to God, were the blood of rabbits. I remember it being animals, but maybe it had not gone that far in to detail.
I shook my head as well, at the same time too, as I was not sure what it was that I was thinking right now. I tried not to think too deep on it, as I still had a bit of some fear that the man might be able to reach in to my inner thoughts, and thinking of that kind of scared me as well.
I stood there for a couple of seconds, as I just watched, as all of the eyes of the people that were with me right now, were all on the man and his wife. I was glad that they were not staring at me for once, but I still did feel a bit bad for his wife Ashley.
I felt like she did not want to be here either, and maybe her husband had forced her in to all of this. I tried not to think of any of it however, as I lowered my head to the ground, trying to hide any sort of emotion that I might be feeling right now, to all of the people that were with me in this large room.
I stood there for a while, as I felt like closing my eyes, but at the same time, the thought of it, also kind of scared me, as I was worried that at any moment, a person might ran at me with a dagger in their hand. I felt stupid for thinking like that, but I could never be too careful, especially with the fact that I was in a cult right now.
I technically was a part of it as well, and that part of all of this, made me feel quote a bit sick. I kept staring down at the ground, hoping to rid my thoughts of all of this evil that I was being forced in to right now. I really did not have a choice, but I was not sure if God would view it in that way.
I sat there for a bit more time, as the room that I was in, just stayed silent for a bit more time, which only made me feel even more nervous. After a couple more seconds though, I then began to hear Ashley speak back to her husband, as I looked up, to hear what it was that she had to say to him.
"I know... I am sorry... Please forgive me... Go on with the ceremony..." She said back to her husband. Her voice was so soft and sweet, it could sooth any person that she was around. Well... Maybe not her husband, as he seemed not be one of those people.
I looked over at Pat, as I saw that he did not seem to be fooled by her at all, as I saw that his eyes were just squinted on her for quite a bit of time. Eventually though, he let out a bit of a soft sigh to himself, as he then turned his head away from her at the same time too.
He rolled his eyes at her, as he then focused his eyes on me, once again, such as all of them had been doing earlier. Once the rest of the group saw that there was nothing to be worried about any longer, they too turned their head over to me, and they locked their eyes on me.
It was not the fact that all of the other people scared me, it was more the fact that the main guy, Pat, was the one that seemed to be normal, but I felt some strange thing inside of him, that told me that he was pure evil. I had to assume that I was correct with that assumption as well.
He had told me earlier that they were just thinking of killing me, but in the end, they decided that it would make more sense to them, if they just let me join their cult. I did not want to agree with them, but it was the only way that I felt, that I could some how find a way out of this sticky situation that I was currently stuck in.
I shook off those thoughts though, as I kept my eyes locked on Pat, and just like before, he did not budge at all, but he seemed oddly satisfied by the fact that I was at least holding my ground. He winked at me at the same time as well, which I did not understand at all, and I was not sure if he was trying to tell me something as well.
I did not try to think to deep on it at all however, as the man then looked around at the group, and then he nodded to all of them. I was a bit confused as to what was going on right now, as I figured that it just had some thing to do with the ritual.
After a couple more seconds, he raised his hands in the air, like he was some sort of preacher, though that was quite the opposite of what he was, and then he smiled at all of them, as to my surprise they smiled back at him. He then began to speak to all of us, as I listened to what it was that he had to say as well.
"Our friend Anthony is now a part of our church... Take him in with open arms all of my friends!" He said to all of the people that we were with right now. He looked at all of them for a couple of moments, as they just stood there with blank looks once again, as if they had not heard a single word of what he had just said to them.
After a couple more seconds had passed however, I then heard a bunch of voices all around the circle, as I heard my name repeated over and over again around the area that I was trapped in the middle of. I began to grow a bit nervous, though I tried my best to stay calm, it was very hard.
I shivered, as I felt like there was some sort of thing that was taking control over me right now, as I looked at all of them, and I nodded to all of them, while having a big smile on my face at the same time as well. I was not sure what was going on with me right now... It was almost as if there was some demon taking over me.
I then felt a bit sick, as I realized as to what I had just done... I had just joined a Cult, and I had drank the blood of a rabbit, while praising Satan... Maybe I had actually let a demon in to me... Maybe all of these people I were with, were not actually people... They could all be demons.
It kind of felt like it right now, as I did not feel like I had control over my body at the exact moment. I moved my hand around to see if I did, and it worked. I felt sick, and scared, as I was not sure what could be going on with me, and what I had turned myself in to.
I shook my head, as I turned my head over to Ashley, the mans wife, as she began to speak to all of the people that we were with right now. It seemed as if everything had all gone back to normal for all of them, as they all turned their heads over to her, with no emotion on their faces once again.
Me and Patrick turned our heads over to all of them at the same time too, as we both looked at her, to make sure that we heard each and every word that she had to say to us, and the rest of the group that was here.
"Everyone... It is getting dark right now, we should start heading back home... Be back next week, all of you..." She said to all of the people that were in the circle at the moment. I expected there to be some words of disagreement, as I saw that there were a lot of people that had angry eyes on me.
I was a bit worried about that as well, as I was not sure what people that were a part of a cult would do, if they were not happy with me. I gulped a little bit, as finally the people seemed to come to their senses, as I saw many of them nod, and a lot of them began to leave the large cabin that we were in at the moment as well.
I let out a bit of a sigh of relief, that it at least had seemed to go fast, now that I was beginning to think on it, as I saw that there were a lot of people that were leaving the cabin right now. I stood there for a few moments, as I was a bit lost, and not sure what to do.
Me, Ashley, and Pat, were just about the only people that were still left in the room, as I watched the last person walk out, while giving me a bit of an ugly and angry look at the same time too, which I was not sure as to what it was that it could be.
Pat, and Ashley seemed to be paying them no attention, as I saw that Pat had his eyes on his wife, and there was also an angry look on his own face as well. I realized at the same time too, as to what that had been for. As I had almost forgotten that Ashley had said some thing that he had not liked.
They did not say a word to one another, as I just watched them lock eyes with each other. They both did not look too happy at all, and I was starting to get a bit nervous, that some thing was about to happen, that I might not want to be here for.
I felt like at the same time too, if I was to run off, than this would be the perfect time to do so, as I looked at the exit of the room that we were in at the exact moment. I saw the flashing lights of cars, and trucks, and I heard the noise of them driving off too.
I knew if there was ever a time to run, than it was right now. These people did not seem to be all that caught up with technology at all, which made sense, as they lived in a farming state. If I was to run off now, than they would not have phones to call, and warn the others.
I shook my head at that thought however as I knew that it would not work out for me at all right now. I did not remember the last time I had gotten something to drink, and I had not eaten since we had that good breakfast that we had just this morning.
I knew that this was not the time for that right now, as I knew that I still had plenty of time, at least I hoped so, as we were not meeting up again, until this time next week. I knew that the more that I was with them though, the more of my soul, that would go away.
I shook my head, as I figured that I should worry about that later, as I looked back over at the other 2 that were with me still. I blinked a couple of times, as they still had the same looks on their faces. I then decided to speak up to the both of them, as they turned their heads over to me, to hear what it was that I had to say.
"The others have left already... So... Are we going?"