Chapter 17: Are You Alright?

I stared there, wondering what I was looking at for a few moments. I could tell that the kid was a bit weirded out by it as well. He did not know what was going on, he did not know the thoughts that had just been stuck in my head.
How did they even get there in the first place? I was not too sure why that had happened. I did not like to think of thoughts like that at all if I was going to be honest with myself. I closed my eyes for a few moments, which I was not sure if the kid had seen, because it was so dark in the room.
He was probably a bit freaked out at the moment, because I had just been sitting there for quite a long time, and I was not responding to what he had just said to me as well. I opened my eyes and then shook my head, just trying to drown out all of the thoughts that I had just been having.
After a few more seconds of me just standing there and staring at nothing to begin with, I then realized where I was at and what was actually going on around me in the first place. I then looked back over at the young kid, and then I nodded to him.
I knew that he could not see me do it, but it just made me feel a little bit better at the situation that I was in at the exact moment. After a few more moments, I then finally decided to talk back to the kid, which I could tell by the look on his face in the dark bed room.
"Yes... I have those sometimes, it is nothing to worry about, I appreciate the concern though." I said to the kid. The kid sat there for a few moments, and I could tell that he was a bit more relaxed as well, as to the fact that I had in fact finally responded to what he had just said to me a few moments ago.
He sat there for a few moments, and then he looked down at the the floor for a few moments. I sat there for a bit longer, as I waited for the kid to respond to what I had just said to him. As it took quite a while for him to speak back to me, I then closed my eyes, due to the fact that I was so tired and the bed sure felt a lot more better than sleeping in the truck every night.
As I closed my eyes, and I began to drift back into a bit more of a relaxed sleep than the dream that I had just been having, I heard the kid finally decide to talk back to me. I wanted so badly to fall back asleep, but what he had just said had woken me up as well.
"Yes... My dad told me that the nightmares are the devils fault." He said to me. I opened my eyes hearing him say that as well. It made me feel a lot better as well, to the situation that I was stuck in too. All of what my father had been telling me over the last couple of years had really began to sink into my head.
Maybe the freemason sticker, was just a sticker, and the smile that they had on their face was just because they were enjoying their time together. It was only in fact a theory of what my father had told me about being a freemason. If they were frowning on the devil like that than that must mean that the church was not that evil.
I shook my head though, because it was indeed none of my business to begin with in the first place. I was not a part of the freemason church, so I really should not be worrying so much about what it was that they were in were not doing in the first place.
I sat there for just a few more moments, as I saw that the kid was still looking at me from where he was standing at by the front door. The kid was perfectly normal if I was going to be honest, so I knew that there should be no reason for me to be worrying.
I still shivered a bit, thinking of all that my father had told me. I just shook it off though and looked at the kid for a few moments, as I squinted my eyes at him, though I knew that he could not see it. I looked at him for a few moments longer, and then I finally decided to speak back to him on what he had just said to me.
"Yes... He is right... Your father is a smart man." I said to him. The kid looked at me, and as my eyes were squinted, making it a fair bit easier for me to see in the dark, the kid then nodded as a response to what I had just said to him.
We sat there for just a few moments longer, as once again, the sleepiness began to come back to me in the exact same time. My eyes began to droop a bit, as I realized that they were about to close. But just as I was about to fall back into a sleep, the kid once again a bit annoyingly began to speak to me.
"Yes... That is what all of his friends tell me when they come over." He said to me. I looked at the kid for a few moments, this time with my eyes wide open. I was so tired, and I was a bit annoyed that he was still speaking to me as well.
I then realized the way that he had said his dads friends. It was a bit strange and I could not see the look on the kids face, but the tone of his voice had seemed as if he were a bit scared. I shook my head though, as I was too tired to think too deep on it at the exact moment.
I sat there for a few moments, as I was so tired, but it was now hard for me to fall back to sleep. I realized at any moment the kid would start talking to me again, and it would just get me to wake up. I looked over though and I saw that there was a clock.
It was 2am, which meant that I had gotten less than 4 hours of sleep. I needed this sleep right now. I looked back over at the kid, as I could barely see him through the dark. But I knew that he was still standing at the door.
I knew why he was there as well. He was in fact enjoying just talking to me. If I had to guess, friends were hard to come by, and to hang out with in this part of the country. I knew that friends were hard to come by for me, when I was around his age.
But that was also because my parents had just split apart, and I was moving around every few months or so in between my parents. So it was really hard for me to make friends with any other kid. If I knew that any day I might be moving to the other side of the country.
My parents hated each other now, and they stayed as far apart as they possibly could as well. Moving back in forth between them, meant that it was hard to make friends for a very long time. It made me turn into a bit of an introvert as well.
I shook my head, trying to erase those thoughts from out of my head at the same time as well. As I saw that the kid was still in front of me as well. It seemed a bit weird as well that the kid was just staring me at the same time too.
Either way, I was once again drooping my eyes. I shook my head trying not to fall asleep in front of the kid. I looked over at the kid for a few moments. I shook my head, which I also knew the kid had not seen, and then I began to speak back to the kid.
"Well... I am tired, so I think that you and me both should try and get a little bit more sleep." I said to the kid. The kid looked at me for a few moments, as he just stood still. I waited for the kid to say something, or to at least nod and walk away from the door.
Suddenly the lights turned on, and the kid looked up at me with a smile on his face in the exact same instance. It was a bit of a scary and weird smile on his face at the same time as well. I looked at the kid a bit confused, and a bit freaked out at the same time as well.
I realized that the kid was no where near the light switch at the same time as well. I was so confused as to what was going on in front of me. What kind of witch craft and magic was going on right now? I sat there for a few moments, as I realized my body was stuck as well and I could not move.
The matress that I was in began to sink in at the same time as well. I began to fall into the bed, I was so confused as to what was going on around me. I then saw at the last moment, before I sunk in too deep into the bed, that the kid had a butcher knife in his hand, and he was walking over to me.
His smile began to get even more bigger and bigger, as it no longer began to look human at all to me. He put the knife up and then he slowly began to walk over to me, like a scene in a horror movie. I tried to move out of the way, but I was stuck, and I could not do anything.
The kid then lifted the knife over his shoulder, and then sat down beside me. As now I was so deep into the matress it looked as if the ceiling to the bedroom was now a hundred feet above me as well. The kid then began to do some sort of weird dance in front of me at the same time too. One of those satanic dances that my father had shown me.
He then began to move the knife closer and closer to me. I looked at him for a few moments, with quite a big look of fear on my face at the same time. The kid moved the knife up, and I could tell that he was about to stab me. I closed my eyes and then began to yell at the top of my lungs.
I sat there for a few moments, with my eyes closed, as I waited for the inevitable to happen to me at any moment in time now. As I sat there for a bit longer, waiting for the knife then to be stabbed into my heart, and fed to the horses in their back yard, I realized that I did not hear, nor did I feel a thing stab into me.
I wondered what was going on around me, as I still sat there with my eyes closed for just a few moments longer. I stopped screaming now though, as I realized that I was not in fact being stabbed at all. I did not dare to open my eyes quite yet though.
I sat there, and then I slowly began to open my eyes to see as to what it was that might be going on. I looked around me as I noticed that the room was pitch dark, and I could still see the kid at the front door, with an even more worried look on his face than he had just had a few moments ago.
I wondered what had just happened to me, as I had thought that it had been real. I did not fall back to sleep, so what had just happened to me? I did not dare close my eyes, as I feared to have another one of those things happen to me. I sat there for just a few more moments, as I then heard the kid speak.
"Sir... What was that about? Are you alright?"