Chapter 33: Come Follow Me

I looked at the man for a bit longer, as I was a bit scared, and I was not sure what to say back to him. I knew what he was doing, and it was exactly how my father had told me the devil worshippers tricked people in to joining their cult in the first place.
I wanted to just straight up, be a man, and tell them know, but at the same time, I knew that they would kill me if I said that. Would that not mean that I had gotten myself killed on purpose? That would mean that I would go to hell right?
I shivered at the same time, as I felt like I was going to throw up. I knew that I had to do this, and maybe after I got out of here, than I could run away from their home. I could tell you for sure, I did not want to spend the rest of my life as a devil worshipper.
I was not sure about that at the same tine either though. I knew that they were all over the state of Kansas, and I knew that they would go looking for me if I were to run off like that. I felt a bit sick, as I was not sure what I could do to get out of this.
I realized at the same time, that there were a lot of not happy, and suspicious faces around me. They were not sure if I was in on all of it, and I could see blades out on a couple of the people. I sat there for a bit longer, until I heard a voice from one of the men, then speak out to me.
"Patrick... He does not want to be a part of this... He is a scared little pussy! Lets just get on with this, he might be a perfect sacrifice to the Lord as well!" He said back to the main guy, the one who had just spoken to me, and the same man that I had stayed the night at his house last night.
The Patrick, the main guy looked over to the guy that had just spoken to him, as I could tell that he did not agree with what he had just said at all thankfully. He just stared at the man for a bit, as I saw that he had his eyes squinted at him as well.
The man moved back, as I could tell that he was a bit scared of Patrick too. It kind of scared me, as other than the fact that he had said that he was going to kill me if I did not join them, he seemed to be the most sane out of all of the group.
Patrick shoved his fit down in to the ground, as I could tell he was not too happy on what the man had just said to him. The man realized his mistake, and he was quick to just go over and blend in with the rest of the crowd that was with us right now.
Patrick then shook his head at the same time, and he then looked over at me for just a bit longer. I saw him squint his eyes at me, as he then nodded and looked back over at the rest of the group. He then began to speak to them, and not to me, which was what scared me the most.
"No... We don't know what kind of man he is... If he is a not so good man, than Lucifer will not want him... He will be very angry at us, if we make that mistake again." He said to all of them. I stood there for a bit, as I began to take in what he had just said.
I suppose that was lucky for me. I would not say that I was a bad man, but I never had really done anything in my life to really help people. At the same time as well though, I also began to take in a little bit more of what he had just said to all of them.
He had said that they did not want to make the same mistake again... That must have meant that they had sacrificed a human before right? I felt sick, and I began to grow even more afraid than I had been just a few moments ago.
I realized at the same time as well, that if I wanted to find any way out of this, which I was not so sure how good my odds were of that coming to fruition. I knew that I had to speak up to all of then right now, while I still had the chance at least.
There was a bit of some time of silence, and then I looked up at the man, who I could see that he was not paying me any attention at all. As soon as I managed to look up, it seemed as if some sort of scary 6th sense seemed to go into that man.
He turned his head over to me right away, and I saw him crack a bit of a strange, but also frightening smile on that ugly little face of his. I did my best to get over myself, as I knew that he was just trying to scare me, and let me know that he was the superior.
To be frank, I did not care if he felt like he was the superior, I really just wanted to get the hell out of here at the moment. I did not let that get into my head, as I stared down the guy for a bit, and then I finally began to speak to him.
"Whatever... I will join your little church if that is what you want..." I said back to the man. The man still did not look too sure if I was all that serious with what I had just said to all of them, as I could clearly tell, so I went ahead and added a little bit more. "Not like my life has very much meaning to it in the first place."
I looked at him for just a little while longer, as I waited to see his reaction that he would have to what I had just said to him. I was not sure if I had made a grave mistake or not, and I was a bit scared, because I knew that the man was smart, and he did not have anything to say back right away.
After I little while longer, it started to get a bit cold as to where I was at right now. I looked around at the little circle that I was trapped in to, as I did my best not to show that, as from what I had heard, hell was a very hot place, and it seemed as people here loved that place for some reason.
I did my best to try not to put my hands on my arms, to try to warm myself up, as I looked around at the whole group, seeing that they all seemed to have their eyes squinted at me, as it seemed that what I had said to them, in my head seemed to be good, but to them it was not enough clearly.
I lowered my head down to the ground a bit, as it seemed as if I did not have much of a way out of this one now. But luckily in my case, I then heard the man begin to speak, and I looked up to see that he had a bit of a smile on his face once again.
I still was not too sure if that was to trick me or not, so I was not ready to get too ahead of myself. But I looked up at the man a bit anyways, just to hear as to what it was that he had to say to the rest of his little group that was around me.
"Well... It is settled then... Honey, go and get one of our extra robes, and we will continue on with this... You made the right choice kid." He said to me. I looked at the man for just a few moments, as I did my best to try not to get angry at what he had just said to me.
I hated when people called me kid, as if I was not 24... It got on my nerves, but I knew that now was not the right time to be expressing any sort of anger to this man. The man looked at me for a little while longer, as if he expected me to say something back to him.
I was just not sure what to say to any of them at the exact moment, and eventually he gave up on doing so, as I watched him look over at his wife, who he had just spoken to, as she began to walk slowly over to the truck that I had noticed them driving in while I was on the road last night.
No one said a word, as I watched her reach up and grab something in her hand, which I had to assume was one of the robes that Patrick had just said about. She looked over at me, seeing that I was looking at her, and then she put a little bit of a strange, but chill smile at me.
I was not sure what to think of it at all, as I was not even quite sure as to what was going on with me right now in the first place. I blinked a few times, as she then, just like she had done a few seconds ago, slowly began to walk over to me, in a bit of a strange, but also sexy little walking stance.
I shook my head, as I was not sure what was going on with me at the exact moment in time. For one, I was not going to mess around with a lady that was a part of an occult, much less the wife that was the leader of the cult.
I felt a bit sick, as I was not quite sure what was going on with me right now. I was not even sure why I had signed up for this in the first place. I suppose that I did not really have much of a choice though. It was either join them, or be killed.
I closed my eyes at the same instance, as I knew that now was not the best time for me to be doing that, but I could not even think properly at the exact moment in time. I stood there in the same spot for a little while longer, until I heard a bit of a loud flop of something hitting the ground in front of me.
At first I had thought that it had been a person that had fallen over in front of me for some odd reason, and I did not dare even open my eyes to see what it was, but after I felt a bit of a nudge from behind me, I did so anyways, as I did not want to make them angry.
I looked at the man that was still in front of me, as it was still Patrick, and I we locked eyes with each other. In his eyes though, I did not see a glimpse of anything that seemed even remotely human. It scared me, as I quickly looked away from the man.
I could tell that he was getting a bit annoyed as well though, as to the fact that I had pushed this off for so long now, as if I expected someone to come in and save me. I knew that was not the case though, and I figured that it was not the best idea to test the man to any further limits.
I looked back over to the man, as I saw him nod at me, I was a bit confused as to what was going on, a lot of that having to do with the fact that I had not gotten the best sleep last night. I was not sure as to what it was that he was trying to tell me to do.
I was sure that I looked quite the fool to all of the people that were around me in the circle right now. I saw the man roll his eyes, as it was clear that he too thought that I was a bit dumb, at the fact that I could not understand what it was that he was trying to say to me.
Luckily his wife stepped in this time, as I could tell that she was not like the rest of the people that was in this group. It seemed as if she had a soul still, but I figured if she stayed with this group for any longer, than it would not last that way for much more.
I felt a bit bad for her, as perhaps she had been stuck in to this, and she might have fallen in love with this man, without knowing his dark secret that he hid behind a brick wall. I did not want to say anything about it either, as I had already tested my luck enough.
I also wondered at the same time as well though, once I got out of this, the little gathering that I was about to have to be a part of, if she might be the key to somehow making it out of this place alive. I blinked a few times, as I realized that I was getting too ahead of myself.
Before I could even think of something like that, I had to at least get out of here first. I felt sick, as I looked up at the lady, as she had a smile on her face, but she also had a sad look in her eyes. She stepped forward though, as she began to speak to me as well.
"Anthony... You may put on the robe now." She said to me. It seemed as if she had a bit of a much deeper meaning in to all of what she had just said though. It was as if she were trying to warn me that I needed to put on the robe, or something bad was to happen to me.
I nodded to the lady, as I bent over, a bit cautious as well still, as I saw Patrick look at me with a bit of a smile on his face once he had seen me do so. I then quickly put on the robe at the same time, to make sure that no one was to suddenly attack me.
Not that I had much of a way out of that, if that were to happen, but I still was a bit scared anyways, and I was noy sure what was about to go down either. I looked around the little circle for a few moments, as I gulped in a bit of some spit.
No one seemed to notice that luckily, as I then turned my head back over to the main guy, Patrick. Patrick nodded to me, as he looked over at the barn that I had found them in. He smiled to himself, and then he looked back over to me, as he began to speak to me.
"Alright Anthony... Now... Come... Follow me..."