Chapter 20: Dont say that name!

I looked at her, and then I realized what it was that he had just said. The guy had a big smile on his face as well, as he had clearly thought that what he had said had been funny. I smirked at him, and then I let out a bit of a laugh as well. It cleared the tension that was in the room, which was clearly his goal.
The guy was smart, and he knew what he was doing. He was not sure if he could trust me or not yet, and he was just testing me. It made sense, and it also relaxed me a bit at the same time as well, as I was beginning to realize that I had just had bad initial vibes from them.
Sometimes the vibe that you could get from a person, could be a completely different thing than who they actually were. Most of the time, it would be a good vibe from a bad person, but this time it seemed as though it was going vice versa.
The wife smiled at me, and I nodded to her, as the man kept on cooking some eggs and some meat on the stove top. I looked away, but out of the corner of my eye I did happen to see the wife slap her husband one last time, as I heard him laugh a bit again.
I shook my head, as I did my best to not think bad thoughts about all of this. I knew that if you thought negative, than it tended to come at you from that point of view. I knew that I just needed to keep my head up, and things were going to end up being alright for me.
I knew that I was just stuck on all of the stories that my father had told me, I knew that none of it could be true. The family that I was with seemed to be a good family, but they just had a bit of a dark sense of humor. There was nothing wrong with that at all in fact, as it also calmed me down.
I began to walk back to exit of the kitchen to back over in the living room, as I could see that the kid was still watching his disney channel. I got a little bit closer to the doorway, and then I just randomly decided to turn my head around at the same time.
Just as I had done so, I saw the wife running at me with a knife in her hand, as it seemed as though she was running at me with the speed of a 4.2 40... I did not have time to react, as she slammed the knife into me at the exact same moment as well.
I fell to the ground in a lot of pain, as it was as though she had stabbed me right through the heart. She had a big smile in her face at the exact same instance as well. I began to closed my eyes, as I knew that I was dying... This was the end for me...

Suddenly I opened my eyes, and I was back to normal in the exact same instance, well, besides the fact that I was laying down on the floor. I stared at the ceiling for a few moments, as it seemed as though I was still in a fair amount of pain.
I did not know what to do, as it seemed as though my body was stuck on me, and I could not move a muscle. I just did my best to relax, though I knew I was about to have a panic attack, as I still could not get my mind off of what had just happened to me.
I closed my eyes for a few moments, just hoping that this was just some very long dream, and that I would wake up and I would be at a truck stop in the morning as I normally was. I then heard the man begin to speak to me, telling me that it was all real, and there was no getting out of this.
"Are you okay Anthony? What is going on?" He asked me. I sat there for just a few moments longer, as I still had my eyes stuck on the ceiling. I wanted to say something back to him, but it seemed as not only could my body move, but my throat did not seem to want to work on me either.
I was still staring there for just a bit longer, until I realized that the mans wife was coming towards me, and that is when I finally reacted to all of this, as I lifted myself up, and in a natural instinct on what I had seen just a few moments ago, I moved back.
The wife was a fair bit confused as to what was going on with me, and I could tell the man was a bit worried about all of this as well. He had his fist balled up, and he did not look to have a very good look on his face at the same time either, as it had not been my intent to get him angry.
I looked at both of them for a few moments, and then I nodded to them, trying to get them to calm down a bit, as I realized that they had every right to be a bit freaked out. Something had not been going right for me for some reason ever since I came into Kansas.
I looked around, further to my left, as I saw the kid also had his eyes on me at the same time as well. He did not seem to be freaked out at all, he just was a bit worried for me. So far what I had seen from him, was that he actually seemed to be a fairly good kid.
I shook my head, as I knew that was not where my thoughts should be at in the exact moment either. I could tell that the husband and wife were a slight bit worried that they might have let some sort of freak in the house with them as well.
I then turned my head back over to the man and his wife, as it seemed as though things were getting back to normal somewhat for them for some odd reason, as I saw the wife had gone back to cutting up the meat that was on the counter beside them.
But I could tell that the husband was not fooled, and I could see him putting a new batch of eggs in, but he also had his eyes on me at the same time. I realized as well, that I should have spoken up quite a long time ago, but I just had been at a loss for words.
It had seemed so real, the way that the wife had ran at me with a big smile on her face. I knew that something was not right with this place, and it brought back something that I had remembered the kid saying to me last night, about when his friends came over, they also seemed to have nightmares.
Maybe there was some sort of curse on the house. I shook my head, just trying to shake it off... I knew that it was just bad timing, as the same stuff had been happening to me ever since I had come to this place in the first place. I never wanted to come back to Kansas.
I could only imagine as soon as I drove out of this state, a would use a quote that I had heard from a very old movie. "Were not in Kansas anymore!" I wanted to laugh at it, but my brain was not finding any humor in anything at the exact moment.
I closed my eyes for a few seconds, trying to shake off all of the bad thoughts, as it was just as I had been thinking on a few moments ago. You did not want to have negative energy flowing around you, or else that negative energy would hit you hard.
I opened my eyes, as I was finally off of the ground. I still could tell that the man was a bit tense, but he was a bit more calm as well after the scene that I had just made in front of all of them. I knew that I had to speak, that way they would not be stuck on this the rest of the day. I coughed to get their attention as I then began to speak.
"I am sorry about that, it has been like that for the last few days for some reason for me, I do not know what is wrong with me." I said to them. The man looked at me for a few moments, and then he squinted his eyes at me at the same time as well.
I did not know if the man trusted me or not, and I did not blame him if he did not. I had been acting quite strange, and if I were in their shoes, than I would have kicked myself out of their house already, and told me to find another way to get help.
I was lucky that they were not acting like this, and the man had every right to be a little bit suspicious of me at the same time as well. After a few moments, the squint in his eyes went away, as he seemed a bit more relaxed now that I had spoken, and he then nodded to me as he began to speak back to me.
"It is alright... I understand... Kansas can be quite a scary place. Don't worry about all of that though... You just help us for a day or so, and we will bring someone to come help you, and you will be your way." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, as it seemed as though he wanted me out already.
Which I did not blame him if I was going to be honest. I still just looked at him with my eyes wide, not sure what to respond to him with. I saw his wife turn her head over to him at the same time as well, as she then rolled her eyes at him.
I was fine with it as well... I knew that he was only joking with me when he said it was a scary place, but the sooner I was back on the road, the better at the same time as well. I was losing a fair amount of money doing all of this at the same time as well.
I would not be surprised if my manager would fire me for it either, as I would have to speak to the owner and have to tell him what had happened. I did not know how well that would go for me though, as I had heard from a few others that the owner was an even bigger prick than the manager.
I shook my head, just trying to shake all of those thoughts out of there at the same time as well. I did not need to be worried about that at the moment, my main focus just needed to be getting back on the road, as soon as possible for me as well.
I closed turned my head over the young kid, as I then heard him begin to speak for the first time today as well. The voice of his was a lot more calm and reassuring than his fathers was a well, as it calmed me down a little bit as I listened in on what he had to say.
"Don't worry, my friends used to come over, and they had nightmares over here as well, now they never come, they tell me my house is Satanic." He said to me. I looked at him, a bit surprised, but it calmed me down a bit as well.
For all I knew, there was probably an evil spirit amongst this house... I would hate to live in a house like this, that was one thing that I knew for sure, as I shook my head at the same time too, and then I turned my head back over to the father of the kid, as he spoke back to his son with a bit of an angry tone in his voice.
"Hey! What did I tell you! We don't say that name!"