Chapter 40: Prayer

I looked at him, and then nodded, as I knew that there was nothing for me to really complain about at the moment, as, even if the man was not a good man, he at least had still given me a place to stay for a couple of days, until I got back on the road, to take my stuff that was in my truck, over to Portland.
I blinked a few times, as I remembered all that had just happened to me, through out the whole day. I realized that I was not going to be in Portland, ever. I just had to hope that the owner of my truck company, tracked me down, and had the police come and find me.
I did not want to think what would happen, if he just sent normal people to get my truck. Sure, I could run out and ask them to help me, but the odds were, I would not even get the chance to do so it the first place. I felt like if I did that, than the man would kill me, along with the people that came for my truck.
My truck was worth a fair amount as well, even if it sucked, and it did not work all that well, you could at least sell the scraps, and the parts for a high amount of money. I did not want to see any one die, and I felt like, if I was with Pat and Ashley, than eventually, at some point I would see that.
I hoped that I was not too far gone at that point, as I had ruled out the part where I could go and get my truck fixed up at some place near here, if there even was one. The truck was huge, meaning some one would have come and do it where it was at right now, and I felt like Pat was not going to be having any of that.
I shook my head, as I lifted my head up, at the exact same moment, as I saw that Pat had his head turned over to me, and he was staring at me, with his eyes squinted again. I shivered at the same time as well, as I could only imagine what went on in that mans brain.
He had a sense of humor on him, for sure, but that did not matter all that much, as it was a dark sense of humor, and not just some normal type of dark sense of humor. His sense of humor was centered on things that he might have even done in the past.
Some times, when he spoke, I was not sure whether or not he was joking. I blinked a few times, as I also knew that I should not have my thoughts on that, at the exact moment in time, as I knew that he was testing me, and me having no sort of comment, and me having my head to the ground, was already having me fail his creepy test.
I looked at him for a little while longer, as I saw that the front door to the house was hanging wide open, and his wife was no where to be seen. At first I kind of got scared because I was not sure where she had went, but I realized at the same time, that she must have just gone in to their house.
Pat stared at me for a little bit longer, as I was not sure what to do. I was worried that if I was to walk in to his home, he would pull out his dagger, that I knew he still had on him, and then he would cut my throat where I stood right now. Perhaps he would even use me as a sacrifice at his next gathering.
I shook off those thoughts at the same time though, as I knew that had already been his plan, until he decided that he was not sure if I was in fact, worthy to be a sacrifice. I shivered, as I felt like I was going to vomit at the same time too. I continued to stare at Pat though, as I felt it was the smartest decision of me to do.
Pat seemed to give up, after a little while longer as well, thankfully enough for me too. As I let out a bit of a sigh of relief to myself, as I stood there for a little bit longer, as we continued to stand on the front porch for just a little bit more time.
I still was worried about going forward at the same time too, as I could see the dagger on his belt, and I was sure that the man had fast reflexes, and would not hesitate on me. I gulped a little bit, as I decided my best choice to play right now, was to just speak to him, and try to talk some sense.
The man let out his own bit of a sigh, as it was much louder than the one that I had done. I was not sure if that was a good, or a bad thing just yet though, as I just shook my head at the same time as well. I looked at him for just a bit more time, as I then began to speak to him too.
"I am sorry... It is just a lot for me right now... It is kind of crazy, because I thought that you guys were just a bit of a myth... But it is real... Its kind of cool!" I said, adding on that last part, though it was a bit of a lie, as I did not think it was cool at all, but it was just to cover my self up.
Pat stood there for a bit more time, as he did not seem to have any sort of a reaction, to what it was that I had just said to him just now. I felt like I had made the right play, but at the same time, I was not exactly sure what would classify as the right play, to these sort of people.
Eventually though, he did in fact look back at me, as I saw a bit of a strange smile on the face of his. I was not quite sure if that was good for me, or bad for me just yet, as I kind of shivered at the same time too. I so badly wanted to get out of here, and I knew it would take me some time to think of a way out of here.
The other problem was, as well, that once I even was out of here, I was not sure how I was going to get back home, with out them looking for me. It was clear that they could see the plates on my tag, and they knew where it was that I worked at. I went there every few weeks or so, and I knew that they could just be waiting for me.
I thought about just staying, and joining them at the same time, but I knew that was not an option. I did not want to go to hell, and I was not so sure as to why God had done this to me in the first place. I had never done any thing wrong to him, and I had not ever spoke bad on his name.
I was not a bad person either, so I was a bit confused as to why God would let the worst people have the good things, and the best people have the worst. I felt a bit sick, as it already almost felt like I was falling right in to the trap that I knew I was going to get stuck in, if I was to in fact join this cult.
I could not say no at this point either, as I knew what they would do to me. I stared at Pat for a little while longer, as I for some scary reason, began to smile with him. I could tell that it made him feel better as well, which I was not sure if that were good, or bad for me. He began to speak to me at the same time too, as I listened to what it was that he had to say to me.
"I know... It is a lot to take in... Go up the stairs, and take your self a nice hot shower, and it will clear your thoughts. I am going to heat up the food, and it should be ready by the time you get down Anthony." He said. I looked at him for a few moments, as I then nodded to what it was that he had said to me just now.
I was not sure if that was a good, or a bad thing, to clear my thoughts, as I did not want to clear my thoughts from all of the good that was left in my soul. I knew that this was only going to be bad from here on out. I also knew that I did not have much of a choice either.
I nodded to Pat, thankful that I did not have to do any thing else. He nodded back to me, as he then began to walk in to his house. I gulped one last time, as I watched him do so, and I then shook my head at the same time, as I followed him in to the house, remembering all of it, from when I had first came in to the place last night.
I turned to one side of me, as I saw that Pat was talking to his son in the living room, where his son was still watching TV. I was not even sure if his son had left that spot, from when I had gone to see what it was that they were doing, and where they had gone off to.
I could tell, that the kid was definitely getting brain washed, off of what ever it was that was being said to him on that TV. I knew that 99.9% of the time, brain wash was not a good thing either. I felt bad for the kid, but I knew that I could not help him. I knew that I needed to be more focused on helping my self.
I heard some noise from the kitchen, in the room that was behind the living room, as the TV was not too loud. I had to assume that it was Ashley in there, as I was not sure if it could be any one else for one, and second off, I knew that was more than likely, the place that she would have gone over to, when Pat had said we were going to eat dinner.
I shook my head, as I looked at the stair way, that was on the other side of me, as I then shook my head at the same time too, and I began to head over to it. I was not sure where the rest of the bath rooms were in this house, as I was sure that there was going to be one in the master bed room, that I could see from the corner of my eyes.
I knew that would be very disrespectful of me to go in to their room, and use their shower though. I felt that they would have more than likely meant that I should use the bath tub, of the room that was up stairs, that I had used a bit earlier. I also realized just how badly I needed to take a piss as well, as I had been holding it in for quite some time now.
I was used to that though, as some times I had to hold it in for hours upon hours at a time, as a truck driver, so it did not bother me all that much. The real reason as to why I was so hesitant to go in to the bath room up the stairs, was what I had seen when I had been up there earlier today.
I knew that it was not real at all, but at the same time, it still kind of scared me, especially now that I knew what kind of people I was with as well. I felt sick, as I just continued to walk up the steps that led to the bath room up the stairs. I knew that I needed to take a shower, as I was sure that he had noticed it from me too.
I was not even sure when it was, the last time that I had even had a shower, and all things considered, so long as I did not think too much when I was in the shower, I felt like it would in fact help free my mind, from all that had happened to me today.
I let out a smile as well, as I got up the final step, and I turned my head to the bath room that I had used earlier in the morning. The door was hanging wide open, just as I had left it earlier, which meant that the kid must have used another bath room that had to have been down the stairs.
I stared at it for a few moments, as I almost expected to see the same lady that I had seen earlier, but as I stared at it for a little bit longer, it did not seem to happen to me, thankfully enough as well. I shook my head, as I then began to walk towards the bath room that was directly in front of me.
Once I was there, I closed the door behind me, which kind of scared me, as I once again remembered what I had seen in here earlier, but as I looked around once again, I saw that there was nothing in the room with me. I must have been just going crazy earlier, because every thing seemed to be going okay now.
I shivered, as I opened the toilet that was below me, and then I began to take a very long piss, that seemed to clear out my system, and my thoughts a bit as well, as I just let it all out. Once I was done, I then realized that I did not have any clothes on me, to change in to. I remembered that I had brought some with me last night, that had been in my back pack.
I looked at the closed bath room door for a few moments, as if I expected it to randomly open, and some scary creature to jump at me, but once again, that was not the case at all. I was not so sure what was going on with me at the moment, and why I was going to such freaky conclusions.
I blinked a few times, as I went up close to it, and then I opened it, looking around the hallway at the same time too. Once I saw that nothing was with me at all, in the hall way, I then began to head over to the room, that I had stayed in just last night.
I looked around for a few moments, as I was a bit confused. It looked almost as if the room had changed up a bit, and I wondered if I had in fact gone in to the wrong room. The room had white walls as I had remembered last night, but now it had the exact opposite of that, as it now had black walls.
It was not the case though, as I saw that my back pack, was laying on the bed, just as I had left it this morning. I shook my head, as I tried to shake off all of those thoughts, that I might just be going crazy, as I then began to unzip the bag, so that I could get a pair of clean clothes.
I looked at the clothes that were with me at the same time too, as I blinked a couple of times, a bit confused. These were not the clothes that I had remembered packing with me at all. I was starting to freak my self out, as I felt like I might actually be going crazy.
I had remembered bringing 1 blue shirt, 1 green shirt, and 1 white shirt, and while my memory was not the best, the shirts that were in the bag that I was looking through, were red, black, and grey. I shook my head, as I felt like I had just been thinking about some clothes that I might have brought in to the bag with me some other time.
I shook my head, as I took a black pair of jeans, and black t shirt, and black pair of under wear, and black socks with me, out of the bag. I felt like, it might make the others that were down the stairs, making dinner for me, feel a little bit better as well, as it was a bit like the stuff that they were wearing right now too.
I blinked a few times, as I realized that I had to hurry up with the shower at the same time too, as there was only so long it would take, to cook left overs from a few nights ago. I then began to head over to the bath room, that I was staring at right in front of me, as I closed the door to it once again.
This time I did not freak out about the fact that I had seen a person in there earlier, as I felt that I had just been hallucinating, due to the fact that I had not gotten the best of sleep over the last couple of days. I shook my head, as I then turned on the water, as I took off my clothes soon after that.
I waited for the water to get hot at the same time too, which to my surprise did not really take all that long. It made a bit of sense as well though, as I knew that this was a bit of an older house, and usually, most older places that I stayed at, at least for me, had the water heat up fairly fast.
I also knew that if you turned the water to hot, it could nearly burn your skin right off your body too. Luckily enough for me though, if you wanted to say that I was having a lucky day at least, the water seemed to get at the perfect temperature for me, as I slowly began to hop in to the tub, still a bit worried that it might suddenly grow super hot.
It was not the case at all though, as I let out a bit of a sigh of relief, and then I began to enjoy the warm shower that I was in, as I closed my eyes, erasing all of my thoughts from my head, just as Pat had told me to do.

I looked at the mirror, as it was a bit hard for me to see, due to the fact that there was a lot of steam on it. I wiped off a bit of the top part, as I looked in to my eyes, at the exact same time too. I stared at it for a few moments, as it kind of scared me to even look in to them.
They looked empty... I turned my head away from the mirror, as I grabbed the towel that was in front of me, and I began to wipe off my face, as if it was going to help me any. I then turned my head over to the closed door way that was in front of me, as I heard Pat yell to me from down stairs...
"Alright Anthony! The food is ready, so please come down for prayer!"