Chapter 39: Dinner

I sat there in the back seat, as I was a bit uncomfortable with all that was going on around me at the current moment. I did not want to add anything in to all of it, as I was not sure what I would even say. If I did have to add in a bit, I felt like I would take the side of Ashley, the mans wife.
I felt a bit bad for her, as I felt like a lot of it was also her fault, as I knew that she must have known what she was getting in to, when she had first married him. It was clear that she was not a very big part on all of this though, and it did not seem that she even believed all that what she was doing with the others, was right, and it was okay.
All of the others, they seemed to think just the opposite of her as well. I was a bit surprised that the man had not noticed it yet, or how long she had even been like this. Had I perhaps made a bit of a change in her? I was not sure if that were true though, as I was just a normal guy, and there was nothing special about me, that might perhaps chance a human.
I closed my eyes for a little while, as I just chose not to say a thing to either one of them. It felt like it would be the right call, as I also feared that if I said the wrong thing in front of Pat, that it might lead to the end for me. I could tell that, while he might seem like a normal guy, there was a lot of evil in him.
I blinked a few times, as I just ignored all that was going on at the current moment, as I was thankful that neither of them had looked back at me, trying to get me to choose their side on it. I could also tell, that his wife might also be thinking the exact same thing that I was, at the exact moment.
I shook my head, as I just continued to stare at the road for quite a bit of some time, hoping to spot any sort of familiar land marks, that might tell me where it was that we were at, for one, but also to see if my truck was any where near me. I wish that it was just up and working, so that I could sneak out one night, and just leave.
I doubt that they really had any thing to track me, and even if they did not, I did not think that they had all that much to worry about for me. My father had told a lot of people about his conspiracy theories, and most people typically laughed it off, like it was just some kind of big joke.
I began to feel a bit bad for my father now, as I began to realize that a lot of the stuff that he had told me and my mother, were in fact real. A lot of it was true, while there might be a lot of parts that might be missing, he had not missed a beat on what he had told me about these types of people.
I wish that he had told me, that if I were to get in to a situation like the one that I was stuck in right now, how to get out of it. That would be a lot of help for me right now. I shook my head though, as I just looked out the window, trying not to look to suspicious to the man up front, who I felt like was just staring me down through the window.
I ignored all of that though, as I let a bit of a soft sigh to myself, which kind of scared me as well, as I felt like Pat had heard it, or at least noticed that I had done it. The man was scary, and I just wanted to get out of here as soon as I could.
As I stared out the sides of the road that we were going down, I then heard the voice of Pat, as he finally began to speak as well, which I was not so sure if that were a good thing, or a bad thing just yet. I blinked a few times, as I then turned my head over to him, to hear what it was that he had to say.
"He is going to be fine... As long as he does as he is told at least..." He said to her, speaking of me as well. He spoke with the most smooth tone in a voice, that I felt like I had ever heard, but the words that he had just spoken aloud in the truck, were some of the most evil words that I had ever heard come from a human.
I could tell, though he had been speaking to his wife, as she was doing a lot of things that were not making him happy for sure, he had meant w,hat he had said more towards me, as I could see him staring at me through the rear view mirror. I looked away from it, trying not to show anything to the man at all.
I did not want to show fear to him, as I was afraid that he did not want me to be afraid of all of this, but I was also more afraid of the fact that he might be reading through my thoughts at the current moment, which scared me even more, as if, it were true, that if I looked away from him, he would not be able to do so.
We kept on driving though, as I listened to the tires of the car, continue to roll as we drove further down the long road. I blinked a few times as well, as I was also beginning to get a bit worried on a lot of this, due to the fact that we had been in the truck for at least 10 minutes, and it had not taken me all that long to walk to that cabin in the woods.
If you wanted to call it that at least, as I still was not sure what that place even was, as I was not sure if it had some sort of special name for it being a cult gathering place. I shook my head at the same time too, as I knew that I should not think of it like that, as I was afraid if I said those words out loud to the man, he would for sure think a lot differently than me.
It was simply what it was, even though I knew that he was not going to think the same as me, no matter what it was that I said. I shook my head though, as all of it then began to come back to me, as I saw us then drive past a field that I remember walking through, as I let out a sigh of relief.
I knew that by no means, did it mean that I was safe, but it at least took off a just a small amount of stress from me. I even let out a bit of a smile, which I hoped that Pat had not seen, as I was not sure how it was that he would react to that at all.
I was not sure if he thought that it was me thinking that I was going to get out of there, or if I was excited to join a part of their little 'club' as I would call it for now. Maybe I should call it a church, as I felt like that might be what it is that they would want me to call it by.
It was for sure not your normal church though, as I was sure that most churches did not sacrifice rabbits to the devil. I almost laughed just by the thought of it, but I held myself in, as I knew that now was not the time to he laughing, and what I was thinking of as well, was a lot more sick, than it happened to be considered funny.
I blinked a few times though, as I looked ahead of me, and to the front side of the truck, as I then saw my large truck a fair distance ahead of me. I let out a bit of a soft sigh of relief, as I knew that we were at least some what safe for now.
As long as I did not say anything that was very dumb, and my responses were short and simple, I felt like I was going to be alright. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, as I then nodded to my self. I opened my eyes right away, to see if Pat was potentially looking at me, but as I saw him from the mirror, I saw a bit of a smile on his face.
I was a bit confused by it as well, as this did not seem like the time that he would be smiling, as he had just got in to a bit of a small fight with his wife, if you wanted to call it that at least. I felt a bit bad for her as well, as I wondered what it was that he was going to do to her.
It could be nothing at all, but I felt that was not the case, as these people were leaders of an evil cult following, what ever that following might be. I shook my head though, as I then heard the tires of the car begin to roll in to the gravel drive way.
The truck then stopped, as the man then pulled the keys of the truck from out of the ignition. I stared at it for a bit of time, as I watched as he then hopped out of the drivers seat. His wife was right behind him as well, as she did the same as he did.
I stood there for a little while, as I did not do the same. I knew it would be a lot more smart for me to hop out of the truck, but for some reason, my brain was over thinking what might happen if I were to do so. I stared at the man for a bit of time, as I watched as they began to walk up to the front porch that I had stayed on for quite a bit of time last night.
They did not seem to notice me at all, as it was clear that they had just expected me to follow them out of the truck. I shook my head, as I then unbuckled the seat belt that I had strapped on to me. I then turned my head over to the door handle, and just as I was about to open it, I heard the voice of Pat, as it stopped me right away.
"Come on dude... You can act normal around us... I promise that I will not kill you..." He said, with his fingers clearly crossed as he said it. I shivered a bit, as I was not sure if he had said that to make me feel safe, or if he had said it to scare me even more than it had before.
I shook my head though, as I figured that at least a part of what he had said was in fact correct. It would be a bad look for me any ways, if I was just to be scared through all of this. I knew that I needed to just act as normal as possible, if not just like the people had done in the barn.
I still was not sure if they did that due to the fact that they knew that it was what they were supposed to do, or if it was because they had been in the cult for so long, that they had their souls sucked out of them. Maybe that was the whole point in the small sacrifice that I had been a part of earlier.
It kind of made me sick, just thinking of what it was that I had just done, but at the same time, I did not feel much on it either. That was the part that scared me the most as well, as I did not want to live my life with no soul in me. It was not just that, but I also did not want to live it knowing that I was going to go to hell.
I gulped, as I was a bit afraid at the moment, as I was not sure what it was that I should do. I never really went to church, so maybe that was the reason that this had happened to me in the first place. Maybe I should have been going to church all of my life.
My parents were never really a big fan of church though, which was a bit strange the think as well, since my father was in fact a conspiracy theorist. I know that he had set up his own web site, and his own app, but I had never really gone over to check any of it out.
I kind of wished that I had now, as I had no clue as to what it was that I had got my self in to. I gulped, as my eyes, and my thoughts then got back on the presence, as I saw that Pat was still just staring at me.
I could tell that he was now, not just worried about his wife, but he was also worried about me. I thought about a way out of this right away, as I thought that perhaps me and his wife could team up on him, and maybe even try to take him down.
I did not like the odds of that though, as I knew that there was 2 of us, but Pat was way bigger than both me and her. I then thought of perhaps just going off and running once I got out of the truck, and he looked away from me. I knew that was not a good idea either though.
He would notice me, as I knew that he had a good sense of self awareness, as well as the fact that I was in an open area with no trees anywhere near me, much less a forest to hide in. I knew that he would be a lot faster than me as well, and he would easily catch up to me, and take me down without a single question to be asked.
I then thought of maybe telling his son about all od this, as I could tell that he cared for his son, and that would be the one that would hurt him the most. I knew that would not work either though, as the kid would tell his father, and ask if it was true right away.
I knew the kid would not believe me, and the father would have a good excuse to kick me out of the house, if not to kill me, was the more likely out come, as I knew at a place like this, he could easily hide it all up, without any sort of evidence either.
I shook my head, as I then locked my eyes on Pat, as I then quickly made my decision to hop out of the truck, and to follow them over to the front porch, that his wife was already standing on, getting ready to unlock the door as well, with her very set of keys.
Pat still had his eyes squinted at me, but he nodded to me, as he saw me start to head over to them. I nodded back to him as well, doing my best to try to stay calm through all of this, though I felt like I was dying inside at the current moment in time.
I shivered a little bit, which I hoped that he had not noticed. I then got up to the front door, which his wife was standing at. She looked at me for a few seconds, as I saw that she had a smile on her face, but the smile seemed to have a bit of a deeper, and much more sad meaning to it.
I wondered what it was that she might be thinking, as I suddenly started to get a bit worried once again. Luckily that did not last all that long however, as I heard Pat begin to speak up to us, from right behind me. I listened to what it was that he had to say to us as well.
"Well... Since we got back so late, it looks like we are having left overs tonight, for dinner..."