Chapter 15: Nightmares

I laid down in bed for quite a while. It was not because of the fact that the bed was uncomfortable... The bed was actually quite comfy. It was just all of the thoughts that were swirling through my head at the exact moment in time. I cursed my father for putting all of those thoughts in my head half of the time.
Even though me and my father no longer talked, I still loved him. He was my father, and there was no denying that fact. I just hated the fact that he had told me all of those conspiracy theories... It really got my brain messed up... Besides, they could not be true, surely right?
I tried my best to fall asleep, trying to drown out all of those thoughts from out of my head. They were not true, and things were going to be alright. I just had to keep that mind set. Otherwise things were not going to end up being okay.
I relaxed for just a few moments, and the thoughts slipped out of my mind just as soon as the had gotten into my head. It did not take very long after those thoughts disappeared, for me to finally fall asleep after all of that.

I woke up, but just like yesterday, I was not in my truck, nor was I asleep in the bed that I had layed my head to rest for the night. I was in a completely different place, that looked familiar, even though I knew in my head that I had never been in here before.
I looked around at my surroundings, and I realized that I was on a road. I saw not too far away from me, something that looked familiar to me in the background. I did not know what stood out for a short amount of time. I just sat there, and I stared for quite a few moments, until I began to realize where I was at.
I then realized where I was at. I was at the exact same place that I had been at the day before. I looked at the highway that was far ahead of me, and then I turned my head and saw that I was at a putt putt place. Nearby the putt putt place was an auto shop and a gas station.
The exact putt putt place that I had played at not too long ago. The same gas station that I gotten a food and a drink from, and I had also refilled my gas from there as well. I wondered why my brain had just so happened to think about all of that, as to how it put me in a dream in this area.
There was nothing special about the area, and I was fairly sure that I would never be there again. But for some reason my brain was thinking different than me right now. The area looked so familiar as well, that it almost seemed like I was actually at the place again.
It kind of scared me as well, I was not going to lie. In fact a lot of my dreams that I had been having fairly lately had seemed very real. I cursed my father for putting all of those scary thoughts in my head once again. I then shook it all off at the same time as well.
Why was I hear? There most certainly was nothing special about this place, that was one thing that I was quite sure of. I closed my eyes, hoping that I could just wake up from this dream. I quite liked the nights where I did not have any dreams at all if I was not going to lie.
I began to walk around, although it did not seem like my legs were actually there at all. It was almost as if my body was invisible, as I began to realize, as I looked over at where my hands would normally be. Dreams were always a bit weird and scary to me.
I wondered where I should walk over to. Maybe I should head over to the putt putt place, maybe try to play a round. See if I could try to get a better score than I had gotten just the day before. I shook my head, the place would be more than likely closed.
I looked back over to the gas station, as I realized that it was also closed as well. I looked up at the sky too, it was fairly dark outside, the moon was full so it was making it seem a lot brighter than it actually was outside. It was more than likely around midnight at the exact moment in time.
I then look at the autoshop, and I saw that for some odd reason, the lights were on. Either it was open for some odd reason or another, or it was closed and someone was still inside the place. The 2nd idea seemed to make a lot more since now that I came to think about it.
For some odd reason or another, my body then came into full control, and it began to do what the opposite of my mind was telling me to do. I began to slowly brisk towards the auto shop for some odd reason. I walked across the road, half expecting to suddenly get hit by a car.
There was nothing on the road however, as I walked across it and then I got about 50 feet away from the front entrance to the auto repair shop. I sat there, and I just stared at the sign on the very top of the store. I tried to move my head around, but something was stopping me from doing so.
I sat there for quite a few moments, and then I suddenly heard a loud crash from inside the store. I tried my best to turn my head over to it, or maybe even draw myself a little bit closer to the windows, in hopes that I might be able to see what it was.
I was still stuck however, and I began to just give up on even trying to do so in the first place. I tried to close my eyes, but they did not seem to want to close on me. It seemed as if I was stuck, which was also a bit strange to me, because all of the other scary dreams I had in my life, I had always been able to close my eyes in them.
This time it was doing no such sort of justice on me however. I sat there for a few moments longer, just waiting for the loud noise to come closer to the front window of the store. Maybe someone had broken into the place, it made a lot of sense as well, there were some fairly expensive items inside of the shop.
It also made sense as to why the lights were turned on in the middle of the night as well. They were probably like that to scare intruders from trying to get into the place. It did not seem to be working very well this time however, as the intruder must have known that to be true.
I waited for the person to come to the front door to pop open the door with a bunch of stuff to take back to their car, or truck. Whatever it was that they put their stuff in, when they stole stuff from stores. As soon as I thought of that as well, I then saw the person that was in the store come to the front.
The sat there for a few moments, as if they had seen me, and they were staring me down. I began to grow a bit scared, even though I knew that it was just some weird dream that I was in. After a few quick moments, the guy then turned his head away from me.
I sighed in relief to myself, as the guy moved away from the window a little bit, but not so much as to the point that I could no longer see him. He had his head pointed at something else that was in front of him. I then began to realize that he was not alone in robbing the store.
A part of me felt bad for the owner of the store, even though I knew that he had treated my quite poorly. Not to mention the fact that I knew none of this that was going on around me was real at all. I just sat there and stared at the guy for a bit longer.
It was all that I could do though, I was stuck in the position that I was in right now, there was not really all that much that I could do to try and get out of it either. I watched as the guy nodded to whoever it was that he was with. They were clearly trying to get something big from out of the store.
I waited for the other guy to head over to the 1st guy. After a little bit longer, I saw the guys head poke out from the far left side of the window. He sat there still for a few moments, and then he turned his head outside of the window that was in front of me.
Just like the 1st guy had done, he looked right at me. It gave my the chills, but a bit unlike the first guy, he turned his head away just as he had looked right at me. The 1st guy began to yell something to him that I could not comprehend, and the 2nd guy stopped and looked at the 1st guy a bit angrily.
He looked as if he was sizing up on the guy, thinking if whether or not he should fight the guy. He sat there for just a few moments longer, and then he turned his head away from the guy, and he kept on dragging whatever it was that he was carrying with him on the floor.
It was a smart decision not to fight the guy as well, the 1st guy was far bigger than the 2nd guy. I was not sure if that was due to strength, or if it was due to the fat that was on his body. It seemed to be a little bit of both however.
I could not see the 2nd guy very well, due to there being a bunch of shelves in the way of all of it. I just sat there, once again, mainly to the fact that I could not move my body anywhere else, and waited to see what it was that the guy was dragging with him on the floor.
Once he got to the front of the store, I saw what it was that he was carrying. To my horror, it made me feel a bit sick. I saw the owner of the store, he was what the guy was carrying with him. He was not dead, but I was quite sure that they might just kill him at any moment.
Maybe they would not, I could tell that he was not dead. Hopefully they would just let him live, maybe he had caught them trying to sneak into the store, and he had fought back against him. That seemed like the most likely outcome to the scenario to me.
I waited for them to drop the guy off, and just start checking around the store for things that they wanted to take back with them. They just sat there still for a few moments, and I could tell that they were whispering amongst each other. I did not like the freaky smiles that were on their faces either.
It gave me the chills once again. And for some odd reason, in my head, I was thinking that they had a different plan for the guy. It did not make sense that the 2nd guy was still holding on to the guys body. Surely they would not have just plopped his body somewhere and then just kept on with their night for what they had come to do in the first place.
They still were just standing there with the body still in the guys hands, they had been talking for quite some time now. I was waiting for one of them to do something, and just as I thought about it like that, the 1st guy then grabbed his hands onto the dudes body with the 2nd guy.
They both began to carry the body over to the front door. I could tell that he was not dead, where they planning on putting his body in the dumpster out back? They did know that he was not dead right? What exactly were the guys doing?
As they opened the door to the store, carrying the guys body with them. I saw a tattoo on one of the guys arms, and it gave me the chills. It was the same sticker that I had seen on the guys truck that I had seen the first day that I had been in Kansas.
It was a freemason sticker, the guys were freemasons... It was a devilish church, many people did not realize that either. I did not believe a lot of the stuff that my father had told me, but it did not take an idiot to realize that something was not right with them.
I also saw many other tattoos, they did not look like freemason things, but I could see one of the was a demon with the devil horns on his head. I shivered, as I then began to realize what they were going to do with the guy. They were going to use his living body as a sacrifice to Satan!
They were walking away from the light, so it was getting a bit hard for me to see them now. They were beginning to get out of my view, and I was starting to think that this was the end of my dream, just like most of my dreams tended to end.
Just as I thought about it like that, I then realized that I was able to move my head a bit. Just enough to look in the direction that the guys were walking with the guys body. I squinted my eyes, doing my best to see through the dark.
I saw what they were going towards, and shivers began to go down my spine, sd I realized what it was that they were going after. There in front of them was a semi decent sized truck... That was not what I was mainly thinking about though. This was the same truck that I had seen just the night before. The same truck that was at the house that I was currently at.
As I looked closer, and I saw that the light was on in the car. I noticed the guy that was in the drivers seat, I was sleeping in that guys guest bedroom at this exact moment in time! Chills dripped down my spine, it was really starting to freak me out a lot now.
This could not be real! Surely that was true, right? I had a weird sense that it was real though. I did not like that sense that was going through my mind right now. This was just a dream, this was just the stuff that my father said to scare me all of the time...
There was a part of me however, that was beginning to think that all of what my father had said to me was real though. It was really starting to scare me now. I watched as the 1st and 2nd guy I had seen began to laugh to each other a bit freakishly.
I shook my head, as the guy that was on the drivers side then began to laugh with him. Once the body was in the back seat of the truck, the 2 guys then hopped into the truck. The engine then started to roar a bit loudly, and just as soon as I had seen them, they disappeared in the midnight air.
Finally after all of that had happened, I finally managed to close my eyes, so that I could wake up from the quite scary dream that I was just having. As I kept my eyes closed for quite a long time, my body began to warm up out of the night air, and I finally woke up.

I opened my eyes, expecting there the be a bright light in my eyes, like there usually was when I woke up in my truck in the morning. I did not wake up with the bright light this morning however. I blinked my eyes still, even though I could quite clearly see that it was still dark in the room.
It was still night time at the exact moment, I had just woken myself up from the freaky dream that I had just been having. I thankfully nodded as well, as I was happy that I was finally out of the scary dream.
I did not know why I was having such scary dreams recently, I really wish that they would just go away, and that they could just get out of my head. It did not seem to be that they wanted to get out of my brain though. I was not sure I could fall back to sleep after what I had just witnessed either.
Especially now that the guy that I had seen in the scary dream, was the same guys house that I was sleeping in right now. I shivered once again, even though the blanket that I was sleeping on was quite warm for me. I sat there for a few moments trying to relax.
Just as I thought about relaxing, I then began to hear footsteps walk down the hallway, and it sounded like they were coming to my bedroom. It could just be the kid needing to use the bathroom, but I was still a bit worried, and I looked for something around me to protect me.
I quickly spotted a lamp, and I began to reach my hand over to it, to grab it from off of the small cabinet that was right beside me. Just as I was about to grab it, and pick it up from off of the spot that I was sitting on, I heard the same voice that I had heard just earlier. It was the kids voice.
The kids voice was a lot more calm and soothing than the voice of his parents as well, as I listened in to what it was that the kid felt like he needed to say to me. I turned my head over to him, and took my hands away from the lamp that was beside me.
"Are you okay, it sounded like you were yelling for help!" He said to me. I looked at the kid for a few moments, and then nodded thankfully as I realized that he was just looking out for me like a good kid normally would. I did my best to keep my calm as well for the kid, as I nodded to him.
I was the one that was acting like the little kid right now. I needed to act calm so that the kid would not freak out and yell to his parents. If he had heard me screaming like I usually did in my nightmares, then he might freak out, and get his parents help, which in turn my lead to a shot to the face from a rifle or a shotgun.
I sat there for a few moments longer, trying to calm myself from the scary dream that I had just had still. I could not respond to the kid until I knew that I was okay, and I could get over what had just happened to me in the scary dream that I had just had.
What exactly was it that had freaked me out in that dream in the first place again? I was not quite sure, the dream was becoming a bit or a vivid memory in the past now, as most of my dreams tended to end up turning into when I dreamed about them.
I sat there for just a few moments, as I could tell the kid was getting a bit more worried by every moment that I still did not respond to him. I had to remember that this was a bit of a young kid, and he was in this room checking on a complete stranger to make sure that I was okay. I then finally responded to the kid.
"Yeah I am alright, just had a bit of a bad dream, I've had those sense before your age." I said to him. He looked at me for a few moments, and then he nodded to me. He suddenly seemed to be a bit more calm and chill now that I had finally responded to him.
It was not lie, I did have nightmare very often, but I did not want to tell the kid that his father was the reason that I had the nightmare in the first place. The kid just sat there for a few moments, as I could tell he was thinking of something to say back to me. After a few more short moments he finally responded as well.
"It is okay, you are not the only one here that has nightmares..."