Chapter 5: Whats going on?

I sat there on the porta potty for a while. I closed my eyes, I was trying to drain out all of that was going on in my head. My father had told me about shit like this, I always scoffed at it. But now it seemed as if it was coming to a harsh reality...
Why would stuff like that be happening in the middle or Kansas? I thought this was supposed to be a boring, drive through state, not a state full of satanist. I did not even dare open up the door of the porta potty, I had already finished taking my dump, and finished wiping with the very scratchy and uncomfortable toilet paper.
I feared for some reason that someone would be waiting for me on the other side, I feared that at any moment they may very well just come out and kill me. I just stared at the door for the longest time, the handle would not work, so there was no point in even trying to lock the door.
I feared that the moment I walked out, I would just randomly get beheaded, and then the remnant of my body would go to some cultist gathering. For all I know, they would prey on my flesh, and drink from my blood. Hell... I did not remember what my father told me they did at those things.
All I remember from yesterday really was that I saw the guy from the store have a freemason sticker on his car. I did my best not to think about it, but I had a bit of a scary dream last night, I did not remember hardly any of it at all.
Then the guy that had just walked out of the porta potty, he seemed scared, and he had told me about there being some sort of satanic cults around the area. I shivered, at some point I had to get out of the porta potty, I needed to get on the road before I got in some trouble with my manager.
I blinked a few times, doing my best to drown out all of those terrible thoughts that were swelling up in my brain right now, and then I got up from the uncomfortable plastic toilet seat that I had been sitting on for the longest amount of time now.
It wasn't real, I was just thinking those thoughts because my father had scarred me with those as a young child. I knew it, I closed my eyes for a few moments, I heard no footsteps, no heavy breathing... I was fine, I knew it, now it was time for me to get out of here.
I was not a little boy, I had been doing this trucking business for a few years now, I was 25... It payed me well, and it got my mind off of all of my bad thoughts. I just needed to get on the highway, that is all it was... I was thinking too many dark and evil thoughts right now.
I then opened the door, and I looked around. There was only 1 other truck, besides mine still here. There was no one working at the little concession stand right now, as rightfully so. They most likely only got business during the night.
I doubt that people would think traffic would come into account in the middle or Kansas, I knew that some truckers took that approach. I did not like driving at night, there were a lot of drunk drivers, and I did not want to be blamed for an unescecary death.
I opened the door, and looked around, stull thinking the same thoughts that I had just tried getting off of my mind. I half expecting someone to be waiting for me, with a knife.
Luckily there was no one nearby. I looked at the other truck that was with me, it was the same guy that had just scared me into hiding in the porta potty for such a long time. For a guy that was telling me to leave Kansas as soon as possible, he sure as hell was hypocritical.
I began walking over to my truck, trying not too think to deep into what was going on with me right now. Then I opened the drivers seat door, and hopped in once I was close enough to the truck. I then realized that I had left my keys in the porta potty.
I kind of did not want to go back, not because I was scared of getting attacked, but it was mainly the fact that I was just feeling extremely lazy right now. I sighed to myself, and then I hopped out of my truck. I then began walking back over to the porta potty that I had been sitting at for quite some time.
Once I was there, I spotted my keys near the toilet paper, I closed my eyes, trying not to think about how nasty that toilet paper was, and then I picked up my keys from the side of the porta potty. I then turned around, to get out of the porta potty.
When I turned around, I spotted something moving inside my truck, I did not know whether to be scared at the fact that someone was in my truck, after the dreams that I had just had last night, or to be upset that someone was potentially trying to steal some of my shit.
I put my hand in my pocket, to make sure that my wallet was in there, and luckily it indeed was in my pocket, then I began walking quickly over to my truck, it had to be the guy that was trying to scare me earlier, surely right?
Why did he not just go in while I was in the porta potty then. I shook my head, and once I was close to my truck, I yelled to the person that was inside to get out of my truck. The person looked up from out of the window and then smiled at me.
The smile looked almost like an evil smile, and it kind of held me back a little bit for a few moments. It was a younger girl, no older than the age of 12, and she was just smiling at me, her eyes almost to have a bit of a red tent to them.
She then hopped out of the passenger seat, and began running off. I did not go after her, for one it was a little girl, and for another, once again I was just feeling lazy today. I sighed to myself, trying not to think about what I had just seen.
I saw blood on her hands, but that was probably because she might have cut herself going through my shit, I suppose that it was well deserved though, that outta teach her a lesson to not go through peoples shit ever again. I closed my eyes as I got in.
Then I put the key in the ignition, I spun it a few times, but it seemed to do no sort of luck to me, I wondered if it was the kids messing around with my truck yesterday... They had wished me good luck, I was not sure what that was for, but it was obviously put in a sarcastic tone.
Maybe there really was some evil shit going on in Kansas, I shivered, what I did know now for sure, is that I never wanted to come here ever again. I would avoid this at all cost if I ever was going from east to west coast, or vice versa from here on out.
I did not know what was going on with my truck, I had a feeling that it was the kids messing with it, but another part of me was also telling me that it was because I owned a shitty truck. My manager told me when I first started working for them that he would give me a better one soon.
But he had been saying that for 4 years now, and here I was, still stuck in this shitty truck. I thought about going out and seeing what was wrong with the truck, but it would do no use to me at all. I did not know how to use cars nor trucks.
I just closed my eyes, and then began praying, to whatever god that might be out there listening, I prayed for him to help me, and to keep my safe from whatever evil that might be lurking around the corner from me. I then said my amen, and then I opened my eyes.
I looked at my phone, and tried opening it, to see if I had any sort of connection, but it just stayed on the same black screen. Signifying that it was dead, I shook my head, it did not matter I suppose, I would not have connection in the middle of Kansas anyways.
I put the phone down, I was in a shitty place right now. I was stuck in the middle of Kansas with no connection at all. I looked down at the ground for a few moments, I would have to tell my manager whenever I got out of where I was stuck at.
If he would listen to me at least... I can at least try to keep hope in that at least right? I looked up, and then I tried to turn on the truck once again. I spun it a few time, hearing it rev up a little bit, and finally on the last spin I heard the engine turn on and my phone began charging.
I looked up at the top of my truck, and then I thanked god. Wherever he might be, and whoever he, or she might be. I just needed to get out of here now, and once I was safe... I did not ever have to worry about being in Kansas ever again.
I changed the gears to drive, and then I began to drive out of the small little truck stop. I almost wanted to pull my finger out, at the guy that gave me the finger last night. But I decided not to, and just to drive out of here, I did not want a guy to be following my ass all throughout the day.
I looked in my passenger seat mirror anyways, to see what the guy was even doing, I then noticed that he was not in the truck, why was he not in there? Where else could he be, in the middle of nowhere in Kansas... It was not like there was any woods to hide in.
I turned my head to try and get a better view, but right away, I kind of wish that I had not done that. I saw that there was blood spilling down the side of the driver door. It was leaking onto the ground, and there was a lot of it.
I shivered, remembering that the little girl had blood all on her hands... Clearly it was not her blood, I was beginning to realize. I then began driving out of the truck stop as fast as I could. Looking through my mirror to make sure nothing was following me.
I saw the little girl was in the truck stop, and she was waving goodbye to me. I wanted to throw up, I needed to get the hell out of here, and never speak about what had just happened to me ever again.
"What the hell man... What's going on?