Chapter 27: No Signal...

The kid sat there for a few moments, as he did not look too sure about the question that I had just asked him. He did turn his head however in the end, as he finally decided that he had some sort of response to what it was that I had just asked him.
I looked at him, as he did not have much of a look on his face. It did not show me any signs of evil, but I could not say the same about his parents. If there really was something bad that was going on here, than it would make sense that they would not tell their son about it either.
They wanted him to grow up innocent, while they did all these evil types of worships, and rituals. I closed my eyes for a few seconds as well, as maybe I was letting what my father had told me get to my head, and I was more than likely just getting a bit too carried away and ahead of myself.
After a few more seconds, I did eventually open my eyes at the same time as well, as I did in fact hear the kid finally decide that he was going to answer that question that I had just asked him. Though I did not want to really hear it, I did nod my head, as I listened to the young kid.
"They usually go to sell their rabbits, those things repopulate fast." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, as I was a bit surprised, and a bit confused at the same time. Maybe I had been wrong about them, and maybe there really was nothing bad going on with them at all.
I looked at the young kid, as it seemed as though he were telling me the truth as well. It still felt like there were some thing that was not right in the air. I looked away at the kid, as I did not want him to see the look on my face, and potentially tell his parents about it.
I was not sure what it was that was going on with me at the moment. It was as if something was telling me that I needed to find out more about this, but I really knew that I did not want to. This was really scary to me, and I would rather just get out of here as soon as possible.
Besides, maybe even if these people were evil, they had let me in their home either way, and they had promised to help get my truck fixed as well. How evil could they really be? I knew as long as I did not say anything about it as well, than nothing would happen.
There still was something in my head that was telling me that I should find out a little more about what it was that was truly going on. I tried my best to shake it off, as I noticed the kid was looking at me, and I lowered my head to the ground as I began to speak to him.
"Well kid... I've let the eggs at the front for your parents, I am going to go see if I can fix up the truck in any way that is possible." I said to him. He looked at me for a few moments, as he thought about what I had just said, then he looked at me a bit confused as well.
I gulped a bit, as I wondered if the kid might know a little bit more than I had thought he might have, about what it was that I was really trying to do. I was really trying to find out where the kids parents were at, and I did not want him to expect me to come back in a specific time frame.
The kids parents could be a long ways away from here right now, but for some reason, it felt like that really were not the case at all. It felt like in my head, there was something telling me that they were within walking distance of where I was right now.
Why had they told me that they would not be back til tonight then? I was not sure the answer to that question, but if they did find me, and they did in fact not have an evil intent, than surely there was nothing for me to really worry about right?
I was beginning to walk out of the room that I had been in with the kid, lost in my thoughts, as I began to head over to the front door, to get out of this wicked house that it seemed like I was in, until I heard the kid begin to speak over to me.
I spun my head around to the kid, as I really just wanted to get out of this place right now, but I nodded to him, to let him know that I was listening to what it was that he had to say anyways. He then kept on talking to me.
"You really don't have to worry about all of that... My parents do not fake a promise... They will help you when they go into town in a few days... You just stay back and get some rest... You look tired dude." He said to me. I could not help but grin at the fact that he had called me kid.
I then began to understand what it was that he had just said to me all at the same time as well. I did feel quite a bit tired too in fact, as I did just want to sit down and get some sleep right now, I was not crying about being a truck driver, but it really was hard to get sleep a lot.
That was not the main reason that I had not gotten much sleep over the last few days however, as I knew that it were damn near impossible to lie to yourself. I really was more scared at the dreams that I had been having lately, and it had seemed as though it had made me get rough sleep.
I then shook my head at the same time as well, as for some reason there still was just some thing that kept on telling me that I needed to go and find out all about what was going on. I really did not want to, but it seemed as though those thoughts were uncontrollable at the moment.
I then looked at the kid at the same time as well, as I squinted my eyes at him as well, as I could tell that it had surprised him quite a bit. I did not mean to scare the kid, as I quickly began to speak back to him, before he might get freaked out about this.
"Oh, no... It is alright, I just want to see if I can at least try... I need to get to where I am going or I will get in trouble, I know a lot about trucks so, there is really no harm in trying." I said to the kid. I was not lying about the first part about what I had just said to the young kid.
I was completely lying about the 2nd part however, and I felt a bit sick, and a bit bad for lying to him, as the thoughts of what my mother had used to tell me when I was a lot younger, near the kids age, seemed to hit me at the same time as well.
I closed my eyes, as I had turned my head away from the kid, seeing that he had just nodded to me, as thankfully it seemed as if he had not really cared about it, as he then looked right back at the TV screen that was in front of him.
I thought back on what exactly it was that my mother had used to say to me, as the words seemed to be right up in my ear right now. "Do not lie! It will only hurt people... They will always find out in the end!" I shook my head at the same time as well though.
I did not know this kid, so I really should not worry about it. If he for some reason did in fact find out about it, I really should not think too much on it. I was never going to see the kid ever again anyways, and I just really needed to find out what it was that his parents were really doing.
I looked back on the kid one last time before I began to head over to the front door of the house. Luckily, I saw that he just had his eyes glued on the TV, just like most kids had now a days. I shook my head, as I quickly got over to the front door of the house.
As I got up to it, I saw something that I had not noticed before, when I had walked out of the house earlier. I saw some sort of sticker posted up below the peep hole, and I shivered, as I noticed that it was one of those stickers that my dad had told me was from a satanic cult.
I shivered for a few seconds, as I then tried to shake my thoughts off of it, as I then opened the door, and began to walk out of the house. I really did not want to go to find out what it was that the kids parents were doing, but for some reason there was something locked into my head, that was telling me that I needed to.
I closed my eyes, as I tried to shake off all of the thoughts at the same time as well. I had to promise myself one thing, which was going to be, if I had gone a few miles out, and still had not found them, than I had to promise myself I would just walk back to the house.
Odds are, they were probably a far ways away, and there was no reason for me to do this, but it felt like there were something that was telling me that I had to do this. I also did not want to get too far away, as I wanted to be back before the kids parents were.
If they found out that I had been gone for some hours, than they would surely not let me stay any longer, if it were that they were not evil people in fact. I then opened my eyes at the same time as well, as I nodded to myself at as well, and then I began to head over to my large truck.
It was a bit of some distance away, and normally, in a normal state unlike this one, you would not be able to see it, due to there being at least a couple things in the way. This was no normal state though, as I could see it clear as day nearly 3 football fields away from me.
I kept on walking over to it, as I felt a bit too sick for some reason to jog over to my truck. It was not that I was physically sick, it was more that I was mentally sick. I had my head to the ground, as I kept on slowly walking over to it.
I then began to pick up speed at the same time as well, as I realized that I could not walk a few miles, as slow as I was walking right now. I then began to go at a much quicker pace, as after a few minutes, I then realized that I was right up on my truck.
I put my hands in my pockets, as I felt the keys in there luckily as well. It would not have been good for me if I had gone all this way without taking my keys with me. I nodded to myself, as I then plugged the keys into the drivers seat, and then I walked in on it.
I spotted my phone in the cupboard, and then I reached over to pick it up. I half expected it to be dead, but as I clicked on the lock screen, I saw that it was at 89% as luckily once again, I had it plugged in when my car had shut off on me.
I then looked at the top right side of the screen at the same time as well, as I then sighed to myself, as I whispered to myself quietly, even though there was no one around me anyways...
"Damn it... No signal..."