Chapter 2: Freemasons

The kids looked at me for a few moments, as if they were surprised to see the owner of the truck looking at them. They began laughing, I shook my head and began moving closer, they were doing something with my engine, and last thing I needed was engine problems in the middle of Kansas.
They noticed me going towards them at a past pace, they then moved away from the truck and began moving back laughing at me. What a bunch of pricks, people wonder why I don't have at least a girlfriend, I can not bare the thought of the potential of having kids. I hated kids, they acted like they owned the world.
"Have fun big guy!" The first kid said to me. I looked at him a bit confused for a few moments, then he began running off. His friend was not as fast as him, but I did not make any move to go after him, after all he still was a kid.
The other one then noticed that his friend was running off without him, he then looked at me and then he began laughing. None of this was funny to me at all, bunch of dicks, the little kids were. They were no older than 18, so I couldn't just run at them and fight them.
The 2nd kid then through a bottle of miller lite at me, I easily dodged it, he was a bit of a slow thrower. Plus I also spent a lot of time playing football when I was in highschool. He then laughed a few more times and then followed his friend back to wherever they were going off to in the middle of nowhere.
"Good luck fatty!" The other kid said and then he sprinted across the road. I kind of wish that a random car would have been driving down the road at that exact moment and then hit him. But I shook my head, I should not think like that, he was still a kid and he still had a lot that he needed to learn.
I looked at my stomach, remembering the word that the other kid had said to me. He had called my a fatty, as a trucker, I was not working out much. But I did not look nearly as fat as many of the other truckers I came across did. I shook my head, they were just trying to piss me off, so I thought nothing of it.
I then walked over to the front of my truck, first I opened the door, and I threw my water and my chips into the passenger side of the truck. Then I walked over to the end of the truck and I grabbed the diesel side and began pulling into it. The gas should be enough to make it to a nicer area so I could pay with my card next time.
I opened to little side piece that was needed to put the gas into, then I grabbed to fuel piece and began putting the pump into it. I made sure that the machine was working and did not have to go in and get my money back, for a few moments, it seemed like things were just going to get a lot more rough for me.
Then after a few more seconds, I then began to hear the fuel going through the pump. I then thanked the heavens above and I walked over to the front side of the truck and hopped in for a few moments. I could tell that the gas was going a lot slower than most places so it would take me a fair amount of time.
I grabbed the chips and then opened the bag, the smell was kind of stinky, but I thought nothing of it. It had been sitting in a gas station for a fair amount of time, the expiration date was nearing. It was in kind of a nasty gas station none the less, so that made it all the worse.
I began eating the chips, they were not terrible, but it kind of was one of my least favorite types. It was all that they had that had not expired quite yet, so I could not complain too much, I had been through a lot worse than this, this seemed easy for me.
I finished the bag of chips right as I heard the gas stop pumping, I looked over and I saw that the screen said 25$. I was a bit upset, because I had paid for 30$ but it was not all that worth it to walk back in to the place and tell him about it.
The guy had obviously been having a rough patch the last couple of days just like me. He would not believe me anyways, and he would have to leave the front desk, probably very angrily and then go over and look to see if what I had said was true.
Then he would head back inside, probably taking as much time as possible. Sighing several times, probably cursing at me behind my back as well. Then he would go back into the register and put in an extra 5$ into the pump.
To me it really was not all that worth the time. I just wanted to hit the road, and find a place to stay the night. I closed my eyes trying not to imagine all that much in my head. I then opened the water bottle and began drinking into it.
I could see the guy at the front desk, as he was creepily watching every move that I was making through the front window. I closed my eyes, and the I put the water bottle into the drink pocket that was on the side of my door, in the case that I became thirsty once I began heading back on the road.
I did not look at the guy, but I had a weird feeling that he was still staring at me, probably waiting for me to leave the premise. I shook my head, and then hopped out of my truck, I then pulled the pump out and put in back into the old looking machine.
I wondered for a few moments, if the guy was watching me to test if I would come and say anything about not him not putting enough money into the thing. But I shook my head once again, I was probably thinking to deep into all of that.
I looked at the price on the machine a bit sadly for a few moments, it read 25$ still. I closed my eyes for a few moments, that should be enough to at least get me over 100 miles, that should get me to find a nicer place than where I was at right now.
Hopefully a place that actually had a card machine that worked. I did not have money just to be dropping left and right. I then hopped back into the front of my truck. I looked over as I heard a loud car driving down the road.
I saw the same kids that had been messing with my engine earlier running down the road, they were looking at me in a weird way, and they had nothing but a big smile on their face. I watched as the kid in the drivers seat smiled and gave me the finger.
The other kid that he was with hopped into the back seat and began waving at me. I thought about waving back at the kid, maybe it would change to annoying little look on the kids face. I looked at the back of the car as it was going further away from me, to wherever it was that they were going.
I could see that it was a mustang that the kid had. I wondered where the hell he could have gotten that money in the middle of Kansas to get a mustang that nice. Surely there were not many places where I was at that you could be working to have enough money for all of that.
Much less there even be a place nearby that was selling a car like that. Hell, the kids could not be even from here at all, they could just me going off some back roads, pissing off whoever it was that they came into contact with.
Maybe their parents were rich, and they had retired somewhere near here, it made the most sense out of all of the other possibilities, but at the same time it kind of did not make all that much sense at all to me. I would have thought that the place to retire at would be LA or somewhere else in Cali.
Maybe the kids parents just wanted to live out their lives in peace at a place like Kansas... The hell did I really know? They kid pay no attention to their kids at all, it would make sense as to why their kids where like that. The kids never had a parent to guide them or teach them.
For me I had to learn a lot of shit on my own, so I did not really know what it was like. I closed my eyes for a few moments, and then I opened them, I was trying my best to shake off all of the thoughts that were going through my head at the exact moment.
I watched as the car was far away in the distance at this point, by now it was nothing but a small little red dot in the distance, right now, the opposite direction of the sun. Thankfully the opposite direction that I was going.
I looked at where the car had come from in the first place, there was a small little abandoned place, what might have been a general store a very long time ago. I wondered how long they had been sitting in that place, waiting for a person like me to come.
I remembered that they had been messing with the front side of my truck, I had to go check at what they were doing with it before I could start up to truck again. Last thing I needed was to blow a fuse and be stuck in the middle of nowhere. I had no connection, and there was no one anywhere nearby that could help me at all.
I walked over to the front of the truck, and then I lifted open the front of the truck. I looked at it for a few moments, as far as I could see, they were obviously messing around with it, but they did not have enough time to do any real sort of damage to the engine.
I closed my eyes thankful for a few moments, I then reopened them, and then nodded to myself as I reopened the door to my truck. The water bottle fell off of the stop I had put it in on the front door.
It landed to the ground with a thud, and the cap fell off of it as well. I looked at it as the water began spilling on the ground. I cursed myself for a few moments, I thought about going back into the store and getting some more, I was kind of thirsty.
I was hungry as well, there was not much to eat in there. Besides, I did not want to go back into that little store, I looked over and saw that the guy was still staring at me through the front little window of the store.
He noticed that I saw him and he quickly looked away. I rolled my eyes more to myself and then I put the key into the ignition for the truck. For a few moments it did not want to start as I began turning it.
I cursed myself once again, the kids must have done something the the engine. I did not want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to help me right now. I tried one more time quickly and I heard the engine rumble and then the truck began to start.
It was sort of my lucky day, in a weird sense I suppose. Maybe the kids did not have enough time to do any serious damage to the engine. I always had trouble started up the truck, this time it just seemed to be a bit worse than usual.
I finally managed to let out a little smile to myself, for the first time today. It was something I had learned from my mother, she always told me that I nodded to smile. It was better for my face than frowning. I always wondered how true that was, or if it was something that parents just made up to tell their kids about.
I never felt the incentive to look it up, I looked around happily for a few moments and then I began to pull the truck out of the gas station. I looked over at the guy at the front desk one last time to see if he was still staring at me.
But as I looked closely, it seemed to me that he was just staring down at his newspaper like he had been doing when I had first walked into the store in the first place. I then happily walked out of the gas station.
But as I looked on my right mirror beside the passenger side, I saw something on the back of my truck. I looked a bit closer, but thought nothing of it. My father had always been so into stuff like that, the illuminati and all of that. One of the main reasons my mother and father split apart.
I noticed what was on the back side of the dudes little truck, there it was. My father had shown me those, and told me about them. He told me to stay away from any person that had something like that. "There's a good opportunity that they sold their soul son." He would always say.
"Hmm... Weird sticker, ehh... Freemasons..."