Chapter 23: Fresh Eggs

I looked at the man for just a few moments, not too sure what had just happened to me. It all was so blurry, just as the last few days had been for me. I remember one of my friends saying that the world did not exist, and that we were all a part of a test, and a simulation.
I was starting to think that might be the truth. None of what had been going on with me had seemed real. It was all just some sort of scary never ending nightmare, and I wanted the dream to go away. The last few days had been pretty shitty, that was for sure.
At first, we had started with the fact that I had been having those strange visions, and the nightmares. After that, I then had my truck stopped in the middle of the place that I had been having nightmare, and remembrance of the stories that my father had told me when I was younger.
Now I was in a house, and I was having the most strange visions of these people attacking me. These people did not seem evil to me, though they did have quite a strange sense of humor. They were Christians, and they had just had a prayer... There was nothing to worry about, and nothing was going on.
I felt bad for them though, I could tell that the kid looked a slight bit scared, and I realized that I had a butter knife in my hand, and though the kid did not know that butter knifes were not dangerous at all, I could only imagine the look that I must have on my face at the moment.
The mans wife was looking at me, and I could see a bit of a worried look on her face, as though she was not scared for her own life, but she was scared for me. It made me feel a slight bit better, as I then looked over at the man, to see that he had his eyes squinted at me, and he looked a bit upset.
I was not too sure what it was that he was upset about. I then looked back over at the kid, and I realized that he must be upset that I had scared his son so much. I lowered my head to the ground, as I was a bit embarrassed, as well as being upset at myself, because I was not so sure what was going on with me at the moment.
The table that I was at, just stayed silent for quite some time, as no one had a word to say to each other. I knew that they were all looking at me, as I was not sure how bad my little outburst must have been in the first place. I then looked up at all of them, noticing that they still had their eyes at me.
The kids eyes were wide, and so was the mans wife, as they were not sure what was going on with me. I knew I was making quite the bad first impression, and I knew that I had to say something too, before the man then kicked me out of their house, as he rightfully should have done already. I went ahead and began to speak, as it was clear that they were all listening to me as well.
"I am sorry, Im not trying to scare all of you, I don't know what has gotten into me the last couple of days... I just keep having these random dreams in my head... I just don't know, it has never happened to me before." I said to all of them, but to the man of the house mainly.
They all looked at each other from the corner of their eyes for a few moments, as none of them knew what to say back to me clearly. I did not blame them, they must think that I was crazy. Hell maybe I was, and this was just the beginning of it for me.
I hope that was not the case for me, all I really ever wanted, was to live a happy and normal life, but now as soon as I was close to that point, all of this shit had to happen to me of course. I closed my eyes for just a few moments, feeling to embarrassed to even look at the faces of the family that was at the table with me.
I so badly wanted to pretend that none of this was real, and that I was back in Florida, chilling at a hotel, or just waking up from a nap in my truck. I knew that it would not happen though, and it was scary to think of the truth, that all of this was in fact real.
I shook my head, and then I opened my eyes at the same time as well, as I saw that the man had some odd grin on his face, as he was looking at me. It was weird to say, and I did not want to assume anything, but it was almost as if he was enjoying all of this.
I shook my head a bit, just trying to shake all of that off, as I then looked at the mans wife, as she then nodded to me as well, as she then began to speak up to me. I nodded to her back, and then listened to what it was that she had to say to me.
"It's alright, you just take your time and relax, we have all been through some crazy stuff in our lives. As long as it is okay with my husband Peter, you can stay here as long as you want, until you get situated." She said to me. I looked at her for a few moments, not sure how to respond to it, as I then nodded to her.
I did not like the sort of vibes that I was getting from this house, so I was not so sure if I did in fact want to stay at this place for very long. I just wanted to get my truck fixed soon, and then I wanted to get the hell out of Kansas, and never come back here again.
I still could not stop thinking of the little boy with the bloody knife in his hand, and the smile that he had on his face, I was not sure if it was another one of those random dreams that I have been having, or if the kids parents were trying to scare me.
I remember what the man had said to me as well, telling me to get out of here as soon as I possibly could. Surely that was not a part of the random dreams that I had been having right? Maybe this place was just cursed, either way I just wanted to get out of here.
I got my eyes, and my thoughts back onto the wife, as I saw her nudge her husband a bit trying to get his attention, as he still had that weird little grin on his face, as though it seemed like he was quite enjoying the pain, and the torment that I was going through at the exact moment.
He then looked at her a bit confused as to why she had just nudged him, then he realized what was going on around him, as it seemed as though, much like me, his mind was in a completely different planet at the same time as me.
Though, I was quite sure that we were thinking completely different thoughts at the moment, and I did not want to even imagine what thoughts could be going on in his head. I shook my head though, as I remembered that this was in fact a Christian family, so there was nothing that I should be worried about.
I still felt this weird sort of energy just flowing through the room, and I really did not like the feeling that I was getting at the exact same time. I looked up at the man, as his grin seemed to go away, as he then became serious, as it seemed as though maybe he was trolling me, as he then began to speak to me.
"Well... We can keep you here for a while, once we have your truck fixed, I am sure that you've got somewhere to be, but sure, stay as long as he likes Ashley..." He said to her, rolling his eyes at her at the same time. She did not seem to notice him do it, as she then nodded to me, as she then smiled.
I nodded back to her, as I then looked down at the ground for a few more seconds, before then looking up, knowing that I should not be doing that, because if I did that it would only make me look even more bad for the rest of them.
I then looked back up, as I saw that the kid had more of a blank look on his face, as he was looking at his father and his mother for reassurance, but they were clearly paying him no attention, as their eyes were locked on me, as I realized I needed to speak, so I thought of something to say on the fly.
"Yeah... I gotta get my carts to Oregon, but I appreciate you guys, you really did not have to do any of this... I am grateful for all of it." I said to them, the man and his wife then nodded to me, as they sat there for just a few more moments, still looking at me.
I was not sure what to say back to them at the moment so I just looked back down at the ground for just a few moments of time, just to wait for them to look away from me. It was making me a slight bit nervous, and I did not ever do good under pressure, that was one thing I could say as a fact for sure.
I saw from the corner of my eyes at the same time as well, that they had then looked away from me, as they then began to eat their breakfast, which was Bacon, Pancakes, and Eggs. It smelled so good, I could not help but finally lift me head up, and look at the food that was in front of my face.
I saw that they looked normal, and they had smiles on their faces, as they had seemed to get over what had just happened a few seconds ago. They were tearing through it very fast, and I still for some reason was not sure if I should eat the food that they had prepared for me.
It was not because I was trying to be disrespectful, it was just that I did not want to eat up all of their stuff, I was lucky to even have a place to stay for the next couple of nights. I sat there for a few moments, and then I looked up as I heard the man begin to talk to me, and I listened to what it was that he had to say to me.
"You can eat... It is good stuff, today we are going to get you to get us some more of those fresh eggs."