Chapter 6: This isn't good

I kept on driving, trying to pretend as best as I could that I had not seen what I just had. The guy, he had told me all about them, said they would come after me. The little girl, she had blood on her hands, the guys truck had blood smeared all over it.
I could only imagine what that meant, maybe someone was just trying to scare me, maybe it was some sort of joke... I felt sick, surely a young girl like that could not have killed and older man. This had to be a joke, someone just had to have to pull some sick little prank on me out of all people for some reason.
I knew that it was nowhere near halloween, and April fools had passed quite a while ago. As I began to think about it, more and more I began to realize that it was probably just a bunch of people for some reason, that decided to scare some random truck driver that came across their path.
I don't know why they had to choose me, but this was probably just some sort of living for them. The kids that had been messing around with my truck, that I still was not sure if it was okay yet... I had made it this far, so surely they did not have enough time to finish whatever it was that they were trying to do with my vehicle.
None the less, they were also young kids they probably had no idea what they were doing in the first place. This could just be some sort of the big game of trying to scare me. I closed my eyes for a few moments, and then reopened them, realizing it was probably not smart to close my eyes while I was on the road.
I don't know why I had seen the freemason sticker and that guys car, most people did not even know what a freemason was in the first place, so that was probably not the smartest way to try and scare a person.
Or maybe, it was because all of this was real, and someone was really out to get me, just like they had done to that guy in the other truck. I shivered, just thinking of that even being a possibilty, and I just kept on driving down the highway.
I blinked a few times, the guy was a bit of a dick if I was going to be honest with myself. It made me sick thinking about it, but if I was being for real, he kind or deserved something like that to happen to him. I should not be wishing those type of evil thoughts on anyone though. My mother had taught me better than that.
I looked at one of the signs that I saw on the road while I was driving, it said to me "Denver 504 miles", I shook my head, I still had a while til I was out of Kansas. Probably 5 to 6 hours if I had to give it my best guess. I should be out of here around 1 or 2 hours after noon.
I smiled a bit to myself, and then I heard my phone begin to buzz. I looked down to see what it was, I noticed a few notifications from a couple of my games that I had on my phone, but no one had messaged me, I shook my head and kept on driving.
Why would anyone want to text a truck driver in the first place? Maybe my mom, but she didn't hardly ever use the phone that I had bought her, and my father had not talked to me in quite a long time after the fight we had gotten in because I didn't believe in all of his illuminati theories.
I had no friends, no one was going to text me. Why would a girl ever want to date a truck driver that was hardly ever home? I had a fear of getting cheated on like I always seemed to have happen to me when I dated girls. I didn't even want to start a relationship.
I was happy being on my own, rather than having my heart being torn into pieces, over and over again. I kept on driving, trying my best to clear those thoughts from out of my head. I should not worry about all the stuff that had happened to me in the past, that was one thing my father had taught me.
Though, he was hypocritical about that, he seemed to judge a lot of people for things that they had done. He also seemed to not forgive anyone for something that they did. But sometimes I could not really blame my father for a lot of that.
He had a lot of shit happen to him when he was much younger, it had probably scarred him for quite some time. I then saw something directly in front of me as I heard loud honking, I looked at the road and realized that I was driving on the wrong side, going directly towards someone.
I spun my truck, just a few moments before I hit the person. The person looked at me through their window, almost looking at me dead in my eyes it seemed. I shook my head, it couldn't be possible, it was impossible to see the inside of my truck.
I felt a bit bad for almost hitting the person, but they were long past me by now, and they were clearly speeding as well. I managed to look at their license plate however, and noticed that it said Florida, just like mine did. He must be on his way back.
I felt a bit bad for the poor guy, I hope he did not look at the truck stop. I shook my head and then I kept on driving, trying not too worry about it all that much anymore. It had happened, and there was no going back on it, I was just happy that I was out of here now.
I was close to Colorado, I never wanted to come back to this state ever again, that was one thing the I knew for sure. I kept on driving, looking for any signs to say that I was closer to the nearest big city in Colorado, but I had no such luck, as I just kept on driving, trying to clear my head.
I was not going to lie to myself, it was kind of hard, trying to drown out all of the evil thoughts that I was thinking about, I wish my father had never told me about those things, it had basically scarred my entire childhood, and my whole life. He basically told me everything I thought was good in the world, was actually evil.
I felt bad for him, I should not worry about it anymore, if he did not want to talk to me, then there was nothing I could do about it clearly. I wish he was not like that, but he was not a very forgiving person, plus it was kind of his fault and not mine, he should be the one that should be apologizing.
I kept on driving, now paying attention to the road that I was on, and not worrying about all of those thoughts that were swarming through my mind at the same time. I picked up my phone, trying to use it at the same time that I was driving.
I knew that it was illegal, but no one would know. I thought about opening up my games, but they were kind of beginning to get a bit boring, I shook my head and then went onto google, and began to look for the nearest gas station that I could stop at the try and get something to drink and snack on.
As I searched up the nearest gas station, I clicked on the nearest one that was about 5 miles away, once I was on it, I then noticed that it was 5 miles behind me. I realized that I had already passed it, but my mind was in a different place, so I had not noticed that I had gone past the gas station.
I cursed myself for it, and then I clicked on the one that was 8 miles away, surely this one would not be behind me right? I could not have possibly gone past 2 gas stations without noticing, besides, why would they be so close to each other it the middle of Kansas?
I clicked on it, and thankfully saw that it was in the direction that I was heading towards, I would just have to split off of the highway for a few miles however. It would not be too bad for me, I manage to get a little bit of a smile out of my face, at least one good thing could happen to me today.
I clicked on the images of the gas station, to try and see what was around it. I moved around the google maps, and saw that there was a general store, a car repair, and a put put place, but other than that it was just straight up empty, I nodded, maybe I should go into the general store.
If I did though, I would have to pay for whatever it was that I was trying to buy. I decided that I should just go into the gas station, and just get something to eat, and drink, I could just choose a place in Denver later that I could get a meal from.
I would not get in trouble for that, I could also refill my gas and maybe see something fun to do there for a little while as well. I was not sure what there was that was good to eat in Denver, it did not seem like a place that everyone thought about for the best food in the country.
Unlike a place like Philly or New Orleans... I just shook my head, and then tapped on the google maps, just to make sure that I did not drive by it, I had 2 bars of signal, so I may as well take it to the best use.
I then clicked on soundcloud, and began tapping in some rap music, I knew my father hated that music and he heavily frowned upon it, but I personally loved it so much, I clicked on one of my Juice WRLD unreleased music playlist, with a little bit of Dax, The Kid Laroi, and Iann Dior sprinkled into it.
I remembered something about Trippie Redd that my father had told me about, so I had removed all of his music from all of my playlist, I actually kind of believed what my father had told me about Trippie Redd... I remember noticing some of the scary stuff that he had in his Topanga and Snake Skin videos.
I heard the music begin playing from my LG speakers, sadly my radio was not working so it was no longer blasting from there, which was something I usually liked to do on my rides across the country in my truck, but luckily my LG speakers were still loud enough to hear what it was saying perfectly fine.
I smiled, boosting up the the volume on my phone, "From the unknown! I ran away, don't think I'm coming back home" I remember hearing that for the first time a couple of years ago, it was sad to me that he had just randomly passed away at the airport.
My father also had theories on that as well, but that was the reason that I had got in a little bit of a fight with my father in the first place. My mother was even a fair bit upset with me, which confused my greatly, because I thought those videos my father was watching was the reason the seperated in the first place.
I shook my head, as I heard my phone talk over the speakers to my music, "turn right on 7th street, and you will be near your destination." I heard it say, I smiled a little bit, things were beginning to look good for me now, I had forgotten about what had happened earlier, which I was happy about.
It looked like things were looking good for me now, I managed to even crack a little bit of a smile, and then I kept on driving, but then my truck began to slow down a little bit, which confused me a bit as I began stepping on the gas a little bit more.
It only managed to give me a short little burst, as the truck was still slowing down quite a bit, I turned off my music to try and hear what was going on with my truck. I heard some loud rattling noises coming from my engine, luckily my truck was still going but at a much slower pace.
I turned across the corner, and saw the car stop right in front of me. But by now, the truck was basically almost at the slowest speed possible, so I went off the side of the road to not get in anyone elses way.
I shook my head, just when I thought that things were beginning to look good for me, of course some bullshit like this would happen to me. I stopped the truck once I was on the side of the road and pulled out the keys from the ignition.
Once the engine stopped, I hopped out of the truck to see what was going on with the engine. I lifted up the hood, and a bunch of smoke came out of the truck. I cursed myself once again, I should have stopped earlier, I knew those kids were messing with my truck.
Luckily the was a car repair less than 200 feet away from me, I knew that whoever was working there would be a bit upset that I was not actually in the shop, but they would have to get over it. I heard a few burst from the engine, and I shook my head... I might be here for a while.
"Damn it... This isn't good."