Chapter 3: Truck Stop

I was on the road, again... It had cost me a fair amount of money... I thought about telling my manager about it, but he would find some way to blame me for it and end up reducing the funds on my trip. I was just happy that the truck was up and running right now if I was going to be honest.
Last thing I needed was to be out in the middle of nowhere, with 0 phone service and a broken down truck. I knew the guy in that store would not go out of his way to help me either. Once he got off work, he would laugh and then get in his own vehicle and leave.
I still felt a little bit sick, thinking about the freemason symble on his car. Just because of all the stories and all of the theories that my father always told me about them. And yes, sure, I knew that a few of them had to be true. I had heard from people that were a part of those groups that a big part of them was selling your soul to satan.
I felt sick even thinking of that mans name, my mother was a heavy atheist. My father was the complete opposite, they got in a lot of fights when they were together when it came to religion. My mother would always laugh at him for believing in a man called god.
I always did my best to stay out of it even though I could always see my dad looking over to me for any sort of help. To be honest, when it comes with atheist, if you even try to talk with them about it. Nothing you say will be right to them, and they will scoff upon you.
That was one thing I knew that my mother did wrong. That was a big part of why the relationship failed... So when my father started getting into those conspiracy theories... It was all over at that point, she left him in a heart beat.
I did my best not to close my eyes when it came to those types of thoughts drowning into my head. I believed in a higher power, but I was not sure if it was in specific a man named god or not. I kept on driving trying to put those thoughts out of my head.
Closing my eyes was the best way to drown put all of those thoughts if I was going to be honest with myself. But I was driving right now, so I did not have that luxury at the exact moment. Last thing I needed was to drive off the side of the road.
I kept on driving anyways, there were no other cars on this "highway" so to say. But I did not want to drive off the road, and destroy my car. Nor did I want to crash into something or die either... That would be rather unfortunate, but would anyone miss me really?
I did not have friends, honestly sometimes I wondered if my parents even did care about me. Neither of them ever bothered to go out of their way and say they loved me. If I said it to them, their response would both be the same "you too".
Whatever that meant, I kept on driving. For the first time, in at least 15 minutes I saw a car drive by me on the other side of the road. I looked through the mirror to see what type of car it was, I was always into cars like that, just not NASCAR, that shit bored my out of my misery.
I saw it was one of those boring cars though, just an older, semi beaten down Chevy Cruze. I kept on driving, I had once again seen another freemason sticker on that guys car. I blinking a couple of times, trying not too think too deeply about it.
My father had told me that freemasons were all around us, they were a big secret society. It was scary to think about, there sure as hell were a lot of them out today, that just randomly felt like living in Kansas I suppose. I kept on driving, not wanting to run into another car.
It was starting to get fairly dark outside, I turned on the head lights to my struck, that way I could see the road that was ahead of me, and I kept on driving just like I was doing before. Doing my best not too close my eyes at the same time.
It was not just the fact that I was trying to clear so many thoughts from out of my head, it was also because I was insanely tired. I had not gotten much sleep over the past couple of days. I was lonely, and I needed someone to be with, not just a relationship... But hell... Even just a friend would be nice.
My father would always tell me, "friends are not hard to come by some, just find a girl, they are all around you." I did not know how he could be saying that, at the same time as he was saying that he was actively pursuing relationships at the same time.
But he had not managed to meet anyone after him and my mother had split apart, so it was kind of hypocritical what he was saying to me. But I just always nodded to my dad, he was always right. That was one thing he was when it came to his theories.
It was also another reason that my mother had left him, it was not the just the fact that he had gotten into all of those theories, it was as well as the fact that he was always right. And whoever he was having the suttle rebutle to, they were always wrong.
But my mother was not a perfect person either, she had lots of flaws too, and it seemed like she could not hold a steady relationship either. But luckily she did not talk smash, much like my father seemed to like to do fairly often about things like that.
She just always told me the exact same thing, "you'll find the right one some day." I did not know how she could say that either, because she had not found the right one yet either, and she was 47, she had me at a young age, right after she had finished college. I was 23 right now.
Sbe had not found the one yet, and she did not have much time left either. I knew she liked to do lots of hook ups now a days. My father always thought she was doing those types of things. Once I had told him about her doing it, but of course, he had always apparently thought about things before they had happened.
I began paying attention to the road, and where I was driving. I felt like I was about to pass out fairly soon. I would have to stop somewhere on the side of the road and get some rest for the night.
My eyes were beginning to look very blurry, and my mind was beginning to feel even more foggy than ever before. Luckily, and unluckily at the same time, I was paying no attention to anything that was on the road, I was lucky that this was not a big state at all.
I was lucky in the fact that I was now not thinking about any thoughts about things that had happened to me in the past. I kept on driving, doing my best to go as far as I possibly could. The faster that I got there, the faster I could get my money, and start a new case at the same time.
Some day I would have enough money, just to retire and stay at home all of the time. I just hoped that the day that that it would come to fruition would happen sooner rather than later. I did not like this job very much, it made me feel very lonely as well.
I did not dare to speed up to get there as fast as possible, although I was in the middle of nowhere in Kansas. I knew my sort of luck, there would be a state trooper just sitting randomly, right around the corner waiting for someone to go over the speed limit on this empty highway.
Just as I thought about it, I drove right past a cop car. I looked at my speed meter just in case, I was tired. I had no clue what I was doing at this point, last thing I needed was to get pulled over in the middle of Kansas and have to go over there for a court case in a few months.
Luckily I was only going 5 miles over the speed limit. If the cop pulled me over, that would be pushing it too far at that point. But who really knows, cops had a lot of power in those sort of things. I knew if, the more people they pulled over, the more money they got.
I blinked just a few times, trying my best not to think back on it, as I looked through my side mirror, just in case there was some possibility that the cop was coming after me, but lucky enough for me, the cop was having at least somewhat of a good day.
I looked over at the other side of the highway, as I saw a sign that said something, I looked at it closely. "Truck stop, 2 miles out" I looked at the heavens above, thanking god for that one. Last thing I needed was the be stuck on this side of the road in freemason territory.
All it took was one guy to come over and take me out of the truck, next thing I know, I am a ritual sacrifice, to their "devine Satan". I kept on driving, not thinking too deep on it. There was a truck stop nearby, so it did not matter anymore. By this time tomorrow, I would be far and away out of Kansas.
I never wanted to be here ever again, this was the worst part of the country in my eyes. There was literally nothing at all to do here. All it was, was flat lands. There was nothing cool at all too see, not even a rainbow.
I saw the truck stop not too far ahead of me, it was certainly a beaten down truck stop as far as I could see. But it was still in use obviously, being the main reason that I was even able to see, the lights were on all around it, and I could see at least 4 or 5 other trucks there as well.
So I would not be alone for the night thankfully, hopefully the freemasons would not come after me. That guy that had been working at the store earlier, sure as hell did not seem to like me one bit.
I kept on driving, and then I turned over into the smaller parking lot for a truck place. I then stopped the truck, and turned off the engine. I was tired, I could very well as much as go to sleep right now.
But I was also hungry, and very thirsty at the same time. I had not been able to finish my water bottle earlier because it had fallen down to the ground. I looked over, and I saw a concession stand surprisingly. Out in the middle of a truck stop in Kansas? They must not get much business.
As far as I could see as well, it was open. There were lights inside. But there was no one there, I figured I may as well go ahead and see if anyone was there... No harm in trying to find out at all. I was hungry and thirsty enough for it.
I hopped out of the truck, closing the door right behind me. I then began walking over to the the concession stand to go and get something to at least snack on for the night, til I went to go and get something to eat some time tomorrow, once I got out of this region.
I looked over and saw a guy in one of the trucks, he was staring at me, with a bit of a scared look on his face as if he was worried I was about to attack him. He then looked away seeing that I noticed him.
I kept on walking, doing my best not too think too deep on it as I stopped right at the concession stand, I heard someone walking around in there somewhere luckily, I just had to hope that they were not closed down for the night... They shouldnt be, it was not too late.
I coughed trying to get the persons attention, the head of an older lady popped up, with an apolgetic look on her face.
"Ah! Hello! Welcome to Audrys truck stop!"