Chapter 41: Amen! v2

I shivered a little bit, even though the water had been warm, I felt some thing that made me feel that way, which I was not quite sure what it could have been. I tried to shake off all of the thoughts, as after all, that was the whole point that I had gotten in to the shower in the first place.
Another reason for it though, was also the fact that I had not showered upon several days at this point, and I really stank. I was sure that was a lot of the reason that he had told me to go up stairs and take a shower in the first place. Even if these people were a part of an evil cult, it seemed that they at least did some normal things.
I blinked a few times, as I remembered that they were in fact a part of an evil cult in the first place. It scared me to think about it, as I knew that they could kill me at any time that they pleased, and not give 2 single shits about what they had done, at all.
At least, than man, Pat, seemed to be that way. His wife I was not so sure of, as I could tell at times it did not seem that she wanted to be a part of all of the evil that was going down. I wondered if she had been forced in to it such as I. I hoped that was the way that God saw it at least, when judgement day was to come for me.
I did not mean to get my self in a part of all of this. I did not mean for my truck to stop in the middle of a road in Kansas. I knew that I had the choice of me dying, or if I was to join them, and I chose to join them, but I felt that God would judge me harshly if I just let them kill me as well.
I was stuck, but maybe there was a way out of this, if I could get my truck fixed or some thing else. I knew I would have to do my own research on it, as it was far too late for me to try and get it taken to a shop. I felt like as well, that none of this would have happened, if I had just stayed at this place, with the kid.
I gulped a little bit, as I shook off all of those thoughts at the exact same time as well. I knew that Pat was waiting for me down the stairs, with his wife, that he was not all that happy with at the moment, and his son, which it seemed like he was just the opposite of her, as he was always happy with his son.
It would look suspicious if I did not hurry down the stairs, and I knew it, as I had been standing in the bath room, bare naked for at least a whole minute at this point. I looked around to try to remember what it was that I had been doing before all of this, as I was about to walk at of the bath room naked.
I then spotted my clothes, right where I had left them on the bath room counter that was right beside the sink. I nodded to my self thankfully, as I quickly began to put on my clothes, starting with my under wear, then my pants, my shirt, and some socks. I did not bother to put on my shoes, as I could not remember if he had said it was okay for me to wear shoes in their house.
Either way, I really did not want to risk getting him angry, as I knew that a lot of people did nit like when people wore shoes in their house, so I did not bother putting them on, as I let out a bit of a loud sigh, that was so loud, that I almost thought they might be able to hear it from all the way down stairs.
I shook my head at the same time though, as I also knew that I probably should not be all that worried about all of it, as I knew that I had to just act as if every thing was all normal to them, and I was used to this kind of stuff. I blinked a few times, as I stared at the door way for a bit more time, and then I nodded to my self, as I knew what it was that I needed to do next.
I grabbed the strangely warm door handle, which I had to assume was so warm, as to the fact that I had been in a very hot shower for a fair bit of some time. I then turned it, as the door in front of me, then opened. I then began to walk out of the bathroom with out hesitation, as I felt some sort of instinct telling me to make sure they knew that I had just gotten out of the bath room.
I made sure the foot steps were loud, even though the shoes were in my hand at the moment, as I began to walk over to the bed room that I was staying in the night before, and the next few nights as well, I had to assume at least, just based off of the way that things seemed to be going right now.
I dropped off my shoes right below the bed, as it once again was some sort of strange instinct, almost telling me that it was just in case I needed to get out of here in a hurry tonight. I was not so sure what it was that was doing that to me, and for me, but I could not complain by it at all, at least.
I looked around the room for a little bit longer, as I looked around the walls, as I felt as if they had been a different color the night before, for some reason, just as I had felt before I had even gone in to the shower. I blinked a few times as well, as I also realized that those were useless thoughts, and they did not help me at all.
I turned my head around, as I then began to walk out of the room that I was in, as I turned my head once I was around the corner, just to make sure that I was going the right way. I had started to get used to this house a little bit though, as I looked right over to where it was that I needed to be going over to, with out hesitation.
I nodded to my self, as I then began to head over to the stair way, as I for some reason cracked a bit of a smile on my face, at the exact same time as well. I was not sure what was going on with my self, if I was going to be perfectly honest. It kind of scared me, as I was starting to wonder if I had actually lost my soul in that cabin.
I shook my head, as I kept on walking down the stairs, keeping my smile on my face at the same time too, so that I knew that it did not look suspicious to them, if I was not other wise. I heard that it was dead silent down there as well, as none of them seemed to react to hearing my foot steps going down the stairs at all.
I blinked a few times, once I was at the final step, as I turned my head over, as I looked in to the living room, seeing that the TV was off for once finally. I let out a bit of a quiet sigh of relief, as I was glad that there was no more Disney on the TV, as the stories that my father used to tell me about them, made me feel quite a bit sick.
I shook my head at the same time as well, as I wondered if they were even still in the kitchen, as I did not hear a single bit of noise, of people moving around, or moving their utensils at the table, like a normal family would when they were waiting for a person.
I also realized at the same time as well, that this was not a normal family either way, as I knew that most families did not have a cult leader as the father. I blinked a few times, as I best to shake off those thoughts, as I began to speak loudly at the same time as well, just to make sure that they were still there.
"Are you guys still there?" I began to say, as I felt like I might have made a mistake, by saying the word guys, as I was not sure what was okay with this family. I did my best to make sure that they did not notice it though, as I continued to keep speaking some useless non sense. "Sorry for taking so long... I was just drying my self off, and putting on some clothes."
I hoped that they were not too upset by it, as it had only been maybe 2 or 3 minutes for me to get down the stairs, and over to them, after they had told me that dinner was ready. I still was not sure what made these people angry, so it did not hurt for me to apologize at all, as I did not want to push them.
I stood there for a couple more seconds, as it was dead silent in the kitchen, as I began to wonder if they were actually in there or not. I stood still for a bit of some time, as I was not sure what to do. I had not heard a door open, and as I looked through the window, their car, and their truck were both in the drive way.
I turned my head back over to the kitchen how ever, as I then began to hear Pat, finally, and thankfully begin to step up, and speak back to me, after what it was that I had just said to all of them. I nodded to my self, as I listened to what it was that he had to say to me, at the exact same time as well.
"You are fine... Just come in and join us for dinner... You have had quite a bit of a long and hard day, if I do say so my self." He said back to me, speaking up a bit louder than usual, as if I was not in the other room, but rather I was still in the bath room that I had just taken a shower in, up the stairs.
I shook my head a bit, as I did my best to shake off all of the thoughts that might be racing through my head, at the exact same time too, as I did not hesitate at all this time, as I then began to walk over to the room, so that I could join them for dinner.
I knew that it would more than likely not be a great dinner, as typically left overs left a bit of a nasty tase in my mouth, but at the same time, I knew that I could never be too sure, as I remembered the breakfast that they had made for me this morning, as it was one of the best meals that I had in a long time.
It was home made, and it was fresh eggs from their farm, I had to assume at least, as well as the sausage, which I was not sure if that were from their farm, though I did remember seeing a bunch of pigs further out in the distance of their property. I shook off those thoughts, as I knew that I had to come in to this with an open mind set.
If I was not, than I would just look as if I was a scared little boy, which would not be a good look at all, if I was trying to keep my self safe. It would look a bit suspicious to the man, and he was the only person that it seemed I needed to be worried about it all of this at the current moment.
It did not mean that I could look like a bit of a coward in front of his wife, as I still was not sure about her. I did not want to say any thing to her as well, as I did not want to risk the fact that she might just go and tell Pat, her husband, what it was that I had said to her in the first place.
I blinked a few times, as the light was quite a bit bright, once I went in to the kitchen, as it was very dark in the living room, even if there was a light on in the first place, the white light of the kitchen burned my eyes quite a bit. After a few seconds of me just trying to get my eyes used to the bright light in the room, I finally then nodded to them, as I sat down at the open seat at the table.
It was quite a bit of a big table, so it was a bit strange to me as to why there was only 4 seats. This seat almost felt as if it were made for me as well, almost as if they had known that I was coming. I blinked a few times, as I thought about all of it, as I began to wonder if maybe they had known that I was coming.
I shook off all of those thoughts at the same time as well, as I knew that these people did not have phones, so they could not just text or call of those people, and their friends when ever they so pleased. I also began to think of another thought in my head at the same time too.
I remember that my father had told me a theory of them being able so speak to each other through thoughts, and all of these other sorts of evil powers that they might have. At first, I always thought of it as a joke, but now that I had seen it first hand, I knew that it was not a joke at all.
The people that had screwed me over, they were free masons, and I knew that even if they tried to say that they were good people, they were not. I knew what they did, and it scared me to think on all of that at the same time as well. I blinked a few times, as I shook off all of the thoughts at the same time too.
It was dead silence at the table for just a few moments, as I looked around at the family that I was with at the current moment, as I was a bit confused as to what was going on, and why no one was doing any thing. I was a bit worried that it might have some thing to do with me.
I then began to think other wise though, as I saw that all of the eyes at the table, were not around me. I looked over at the kid, as I saw that he was staring at his meal, which was spaghetti. I looked at my own meal, at the exact same time as well, as I saw that it was the same as his meal was.
I could not complain, as it was a lot better than the food that I got at a gas station, I could say with all honesty. I then once again put a bit of a smile on my face, as I then turned my head over to the man of the house, at the exact same time as well, to see what it was that he was doing, and why we were not doing such as we had said that we were planning on doing.
I looked at the man, as I saw that his eyes were not on me at all, but rather they were on some one else that was at the table with us. I was a bit confused as to what was going on, and if I had missed some thing, as I looked over to the person that he was looking at, at the exact same time too.
I saw that it was his wife, who had her head a bit low to the ground, as if she was embarrassed about some thing. I was a bit lost on all of it, as I blinked a few times, as I then began to remember that he had not been all that happy with her at all today, as it seemed like she could do no right.
To me, it seemed like she was acting like a normal person would, but at the same time too, I also knew that the cult was not a normal thing at all, so perhaps that was not a good thing for her to be doing. I did my best to shake off all of those thoughts, as I looked at the both of them for quite a bit of some time.
Eventually, I gave up, as I then looked at my meal, as I had forgotten just how hungry I was in fact. I lifted up the fork that was beside of me, on the table, and I began to go in to the food. I saw that the kid was looking at me a little bit confused at the same time too.
I was a bit lost on why it was so, until I heard a bit of an overly loud cough come from the other side of the table, which made me stop what it was that I had been doing in the first place. I blinked a few times, as I turned my head back over to the man that I had been looking at, a few moments before hand, as I saw that he was staring at me with his eyes squinted.
I realized what it was that I had done wrong, right away, as I put the fork down. I began to get a bit scared, as it almost began to feel like I had really fucked up. I was not sure what it was that I should do, so the best possible thing that I though, was to just apologize for it, as I began to speak back to Pat.
"Sorry... I am just so hungry... I forgot that you guys did prayers... I am just not used to it... I am a truck driver, I basically live on the road." I said to him. He looked at me for quite a few moments, as I saw that he still had his eyes squinted on me, as if it were not a good enough of an excuse.
The man stared for a bit more time, until it finally began to sink in to him, just what it was that I had said to him in the first place. He blinked a few times, as he then began to nod to me at the same time as well, as he realized that it was truth, and I knew it was, so I felt a bit more safe.
Pat let out quite a loud, and annoyed sigh, as he then seemed to forget all of what it was that we were doing in the first place, as I saw him turn his head back over to his wife, who still had her head down low to the ground, as she had not seemed to do a single thing but that, since I had gotten here.
I too was starting to get annoyed by it as well, as I was in fact quite a bit hungry, and I was ready to eat. I also was a bit tired as well, as I was used to driving in a truck, nearly every day of the week, rather than moving around on a farm, and walking all the way to a big cabin that was in the woods, a long way from where I had started.
I stood there for a bit longer, as I was not sure what to do, or how much longer I was just going to be sitting at this table in silence. Just as I began to think of that, I finally began to hear the voice of Pat, as it seemed like he was finally ready to speak back to all of us.
"Well... I suppose we ought to do so... Braden, could you please say the prayer for us?" He said, turning his head over to his son, at the same time as well, to make sure that his son had heard what it was that he had said to him just now.
His son looked at him for a few moments, as he then turned his head to me for some reason, as he nodded to him self. I was a bit confused as to all that was going on at the current moment still, as I blinked a few times, as if I had forgotten what it was that we were doing.
I then saw that all of the lowered their heads, and closed their eyes, such as a normal prayer would go. I then dipped my head down a bit, as I closed my eyes at the same time too. I then listened to what it was that his son had to say, in this prayer.
"Dear Lord, we thank the for this meal, for may it feel our stomachs, and let us sleep with a full one tonight." He began to say, as he then hesitated a bit. I was a bit confused by it, as I was just about to open my eyes, until he continued on with his prayer. "We thank the, that you let a warm spirit in to our home in Anthony, and we say these things in the name of God, amen!"