Chapter 21: Amen!

I looked over at the childs father, as I could tell that he was not too happy with his son at the moment. The kid looked a bit surprised, such as I did as well, as I had not expected that to come from him at all. Clearly the kid was quite a bit surprised as well.
I tried to think of what might have made the father so angry at what the kid had just said. He had said something about the name... Did he mean the name of Satan? It all came a bit more clear to me. I must have been wrong about this family, it also kind of relaxed me with the thoughts that I was having as well.
The family was in fact not freemasons! They were just heavy christians... I did not need to worry about all of the things that my brain had gotten me stuck into. I shook my head, as I tried to shake off the dreams, and the random visions I had been having as well.
Sure, they could know all about me having a nightmare all they wanted to, but I did not want to speak anything about the woman that I had seen in the bathroom, or the little kid last night as he had run at me with the knife in his hand too.
The kid was still looking at his father, though the mother had gotten back to her cooking. The father still had his eyes squinted at his son, as I could tell that he was still quite a bit angry at him, and I did not want to step in on all of it, for the fear that I might make him even more upset.
I was lucky that they had given me a place to stay last night, and that we had come to an agreement that they would help me get my truck fixed if I helped them at the farm for a day or so. Maybe it was good for me as well, as I had my mind trapped in some dark thoughts over the last couple of days.
I shook it off at the same time, as I did not even want to think about any of those thoughts again. The less time I spent in my head, the better off it would be for me. My mother always told me that I spent far too much time thinking, and that I needed to get a better grasp on the world around me.
My father had a lot to do with that as well, as all of the stuff that he had told me, it had all scared me a lot, and I always had my eyes on the back side of me in case one of those theories ended up being true as well. Hell... If the Big Bang was no longer called a theory, than what can we say the conspiracies weren't either.
I closed my eyes, still wondering why I was trapped in my head still, even though I had told myself not to be doing any of that. I opened my eyes finally however, as after the moments of silence had passed in the room, I began to hear the kid talk back to his father.
I looked at the young kid, as it looked as though he had quite a guilty look on his face at the moment. Maybe I could not blame the father for his reaction then, as it seemed like this was not the first time that he had told his son not to do what he had just done. I listened to what it was that he had to say back to his father anyways.
"Sorry dad... I forgot..." He said back to his father. His father still was staring at him, as I looked over to see what his reaction was back to the apology that his son had just given him. But the look on his face was the exact same that it had been a few moments ago.
It was as if the kid had not spoken at all, and I wondered if I was in fact going crazy again for just the slightest of few moments. But those seconds had passed and the kids father then looked over at me, and then put his hands up as if he was the one that was guilty this time.
I was so lost, and I was not sure as to what was going on in front of me at the moment, as I just shrugged my shoulders, but then I listened to the man, as he decided that he was going to be the one that was going to step up and speak this time.
"I'm sorry! We just don't use that name in our house... I have to teach him that, he seems to use it freely..." The dad said as he looked over at his son from the corner of his eyes. I looked over at the kid as well, and I could tell that he was guilty too, as he had his head down to the ground.
We all just sat there in silence for a few more moments, until the man then went back over to help his wife keep on cooking. I looked over at the kid now that the man did not have his eyes glued on him, and I saw that he had sat down on a rolling chair, and had gone back to watching tv.
I was not so sure what it was that I should do at the moment. I did not want to freak the kids parents out, nor the kid himself, but I had nothing to do, and I was quite a bit bored. I went ahead and walked into the living room, to watch some of the tv with the kid.
No one seemed to notice me doing it, and if they had, then they had not seemed to care the slightest bit. I stood there near the kid, while he was rolling around in his chair. I was not sure what to do, and the kid finally noticed me standing beside him.
He looked at me for a few moments, and then he nodded at me. I looked at him, and I nodded back, not sure what the interaction was that we were having with each other at the moment was. After a few more seconds, the kid then began to speak to me.
"You can sit down on the couch... My parents aren't really that strict, I promise you, its just I mess up sometimes, they aren't harsh, they just make sure I don't do it again." The kid said to me. I looked at him for a few more seconds, still not quite too sure if he was being truthful.
I looked back over at the kitchen that was in the other room, and I saw that the parents were cooking the food with smiles on their faces. I shrugged my shoulders, I was not sure why I had such a bad first impression on them, they did not seem that bad after all.
I then nodded back to the kid again, and I sat down on the couch that was right beside him. I was not sure what to do after that, as I was scared that I was going to mess something up. But as I got used to just sitting on the quite relaxing couch, I then began to calm down, as I then spoke up to the kid.
"Thank you... I am just a bit freaked out, I've had a bit of a rough patch these last few days, what did you say your name was again?" I said to the kid. The kid did not seem to hear me, as it seemed as though he had his eyes glued on the tv at the moment. It was why I could not stand television.
However, after a few more seconds, the kid finally then reacted to what it was that I had just said to him, as he turned his head over to me, and then he nodded to me at the same time as well. He then finally began to speak back to me too.
"Its alright... And my name is Deez..." He said to me. I looked at him for a few seconds, and I nodded at the first part. But at the 2nd part, that was where I began to get quite a bit confused as to what he had meant by what he had just said to me.
Was he joking? What kind of name was Deez? I could have sworn that I had heard his father call him by a completely different name than that last night as well. It had me quite a bit lost on what was going on, but I managed to respond back to the kid, letting him know I was confused.
"Your name is Deez?" I asked him. He sat there for just the slightest of few seconds of time, with no expression on his face at all. I was so lost, and confused as to what it was that was going on right now. It had been a crazy few days, and maybe I was missing something completely obvious.
The kids face then turned into a little bit of a grin, as it seemed as though he found something a bit funny as well. I looked at him, and tilted my head a bit, wondering what it was that I was missing none the less. The kid then spoke back to me, after a few more seconds had passed.
"Yep... My name is deez... Deez nuts!" He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, and then I realized the joke that he had thrown at me. I did my best to stifle back a grin at the same time, as I was trying to look at least a bit grown up, and out of that stage.
I heard the kids father laugh from the other room, as I was not sure whether that was because he had over heard what his son had just said, or if he had just said a joke to his wife as well. It seemed as though this family sure had a lot of jokes.
I was a bit surprised to hear the kid say that joke as well, as it had been a joke that I had heard quite a long time ago. The kid must have been a toddler, if he had even been born at the time that I had heard that joke... It was back on a very old app called vine.
It was good to think back on those old memories as well, as I tried to shake it off, because I knew if I thought back on memories like those, than I would get lost in thought, as it seemed as it happened to me like that quite often.
I rolled my eyes at the kid, as he had his eyes back on the tv, as it seemed as they were glued to the tv, just as they had beem a few moments ago as well. I decided to look at the tv at the same time as well, as I looked at it and saw that he was watching an old TV show on disney channel.
I realized the show to be Wizards Of Waverly Place. I remembered hearing all of the little girls in my elementary school classes, as they seemed to be all addicted to that show. I looked at the screen, quite a bit surprised that they would still have that on as well.
I looked at the screen, and I saw that the character on the screen was Selena Gomez. I shivered seeing her face as well, as it once again brought me back to the memories of the stories that my father had told me about her... I knew that they were just theories... But it still seemed as if they were true when I looked at her face.
She had a pretty little smile on her face, but it seemed as though, down beneath all of that, there was a different side to her. I hated watching disney after all of what my father had told me, even the Star Wars and Marvel movies. I kept on watching the screen none the less, as it seemed as though my eyes were starting to get glued to it as well.
I watched as she shook her head at whoever it was that she had been talking to, and then she began to speak to the person that she had been talking to at the same time too. I listened to what it was that she had to say to the person as well, as I let my ears hear all of it.
"That's what you don't understand about me! Im a witch, not a wizard!" She said the person that she was with. Then all of the "crowd" that was in the background, all began to laugh at what she had just said. I was so confused as to what it was that she had just said that she had found funny.
The kid that was in the chair beside me then began to laugh at the same time too. I looked at him a bit confused as to what was going on, and if I must have missed something a few seconds ago. But I then shook my head, as I tried to shake off all of what my father had told me about witchcraft as well.
Thankfully the show then went to a commercial break, as I just sat there and listened to the dumb commercials about all of the new barbie dolls. I saw the looks on the barbie dolls faces as well, and for some reason I was getting an evil sort of vibe from that as well.
I shook my head, as I then heard the wife speak up from the other room, for me and the kid to hear her as well. I thankfully nodded too, as for some reason my mind was just trapped in a lot of dark and evil thoughts right now. I was not sure if it was because of the house, or if I had hit an unlucky path in my life at the moment. I listened to what the woman had to say though.
"Alright you 2! Come into the room for a blessing! Your father will say it for us!" The lady said to us. I got up from the couch that I had been sitting on right away, as fast as possible, as it seemed to surprise the kid, and scare him a bit as well, which was not my intent.
He then relaxed, as I walked past him, to get away from the tv, and walk into the kitchen and listen to the prayer that was about to be said in front of me. I heard the kids footsteps, as he had gotten up from his chair, and he had followed me into the kitchen.
Once the father, and the husband saw that we were in the room, and we were ready, and we were listening to him, he then nodded to both of us. He then closed his eyes, and lowered his head at the same moment. I realized what was going on, and I did the same thing.
I sat there for just a few seconds, as I heard the ac going off in the kitchen, and smelt all of the nice scents of the food in front of me, as the man finally began to step up, and he began to speak the prayer for all of us to hear the the same time.
"Dear lord! Our savior! We bless this food that you have given us to survive! Without it, I do not know where we would be at! We bless you that we can get this man some help, and get his truck fixed soon as well..." He had began to say, as he spoke the blessing to all of us.
I nodded to myself, as I thanked him in my thoughts, for him saying what he had just said. It seemed as though I had just had quite a bad first impression on them for some odd reason, and these people were actually genuinely good people...
We just sat there for a few seconds, as I was a bit confused as to why he had not kept on speaking. I was tempted to open my eyes to see what was going on, but at the same time, I was scared that it was going to stick me into another one of those visions...
I kept my eyes closed, as thankfully, the wife then stepped up, and she began to speak this time. I was a bit confused as well, as I had never heard a prayer where 2 people had spoken in on the same prayer... This certainly was a much different family, but I shook my head as I listened to her.
"Thank you lord, and in your name we say the words, amen!"