Chapter 35: Praise To The Lord!

I looked at the mans wife for a few seconds, as I was trying to signal something to her through my thoughts. I just was not too sure what it was, as me and her just stood there, staring at one another for a little bit more time, neither of us saying a word to one another.
I saw a bit of a sad look in her eyes, as I could tell that she felt just a slight bit bad for me, even though at the same time, just like the rest of the big group that she was with, it looked as if her soul had been sucked out of her, a long time ago, as if it had been fed to the devil.
The woman lowered her head to the ground, as she did not say a single word any longer. I looked at her for a little bit more time, until I saw the people that were in the circle that had been around me for quite some time, then begin to move a little bit closer towards me.
I turned my head away from her, as I realized that all of the people that were in the room at the moment, all had their eyes on me. The eyes that they had were quite a bit blank if I was going to be frank, but it kind of spooked me as I saw them like that.
I shivered a little bit, as I then made the smart decision, and I turned my head over to the main guy, who it seemed as though a lot of peoples eyes were on at the moment. I figured that I should do the same as well, as I looked over to him, just as all of the others were doing at the moment.
I saw that the man had quite the strange smile on his face, that made me shiver again, as I saw that he was just staring at me. I then blinked a few times, as I figured that I had to just get over myself, and all of the fears that were racing through out my head at the moment as well.
I looked at the man right in the eyes as well, to let him know that I was not going to be afraid of him, even though in my head, I was not really quite sure if that were true or not. I knew that I had to look strong at least, or else they would abuse me.
We sat there for just a bit more time, as he kept the same little strange smile on his face for a bit more time. I did so as well, though I was not smiling much like him. After a little bit more time had passed, the man, known by the name of Patrick, then shook his head at me.
I was not sure what he had meant by that at all, and I was not sure if I should be worried or not. This cult was for sure quite a bit strange. It was by far too late for me to run off at this point, and I knew if I had wanted to do that, than I should have never come here in the first place.
I felt like they would have just let me be, if I had not snuck in on all of this, but of course, I just wanted to find out their strange little secret for some odd reason, as I felt like I was a little kid. I shook my head, more at myself, as I then put my focus back on the present tense.
I saw that the man had now turned his back to the ground, as he was reaching down to grab something. I looked at him for a few moments, as I thought of at the moment, as if this were some sort of video game that I was stuck in.
I thought of suddenly running at him, and taking him down to the ground, and then beating him to a pulp, after that, I would then finish him off, and the demons would come up on me, yelling in anger, for what I had just done to the man.
I shook my head, as I knew that it was not going to happen, if I even tried something such as that, I knew that one of the people that was in the circle, was going to have a quick reaction, and take me down, if the mans reaction was not quicker than theirs.
It was a bad idea, and I dipped my head down low for just a few moments, as I felt stupid for even thinking of something as dumb as that. I knew that there was no way that I could get away with something as dumb as that.
I stood there for a bit more time, as I stared down at the ground, at the dirty, and rotten cabin that we were in at the moment, as I thought back on how I had gotten here in the first place, and why I had thought that this might be a good idea.
I suppose that I did not have much of a choice however, as I had seemed to forget that it was either join them, or die! It was kind of like this was some sort of a movie that I was in at the moment, or perhaps some sort of prank TV show.
If this was a TV show, than they were doing a damn good job of faking all of what was going on at the moment. I looked around for just a few moments, as if I thought that I might perhaps be able sneak around, and spot a camera zooming in on me.
It was not the case at all however, as I was just stuck with a bunch of physcos in a cabin. I felt sick, as I turned my head back over to the man. I had a few more thoughts of running off, as I saw the large door way to the run I was in, from the corner of my eye.
I knew that I would not last long, even if I somehow shocked them enough, to get out of the cabin that I was stuck in right now. I could tell that there was a lot of people here, that were in a lot better shape than me. It kind of was a bit of a surprise to me as well.
I had always thought of a farmer to be some sort of fat and rich guy, but these people did not seem to have any of those cases at all. At least, as far as I could tell, they did not seem to be having stack upon stacks of money on their shoes.
I shook my head, as this time I turned my head fully to Patrick, as I saw his smile on his face disappear, as he now began to head a bit closer to me at the same time too. I gulped, as I was afraid of what it was that he was about to do to me.
I had so many scary thoughts going through my head at the moment, as I thought that he might perhaps pull out his blade, and slice my throat open. I knew that it was not going to happen though, as I knew that if he had really wanted to kill me like that, than it would have happened outside.
Or maybe, he was not allowed to do that, and if he was going to kill someone, than it had to be in the room that I was at the center of right now. I remembered the dreams that I had been having with him in them, over the last couple of nights.
They had really seemed true, as I thought back on them, as if they were just some sort of wisp that had gone in to my head quickly. They just as quickly went out of my head at the same time as well. I blinked a few times, as I seemed to regain a conscious thought on what was going on, all around me at the moment.
I then looked at the man he was staring right in to my eyes at the moment, and he did not have a creepy little smile on his face this time. I was not sure whether I should be scared because of that, or whether or not I should be releaved by it.
I blinked a few times, as I just looked right back at him, and then I kept the same blank look on my face at the same time to, as I was afraid that I perhaps might give something away. I was not sure what it was, as I really was not hiding anything from them at all at the moment.
I tried my best to shake it off, as we had our little bit of strange staring contest for a little bit more of some time. After a bit longer, the man then let out a bit of a sigh, as I half expected the rest of the group that was around him right now, to do the exact same thing that he was doing.
It was not the case however, as I saw that they all still had the blank, emotionless looks on their faces still. I did my best not to focus on all of them at the moment, as I felt like my main mind set at the moment, should be on the man that was staring at me still.
It kinda freaked me out, as I felt like, at any second I was going to give in, and look down at the ground, as if I could no longer hold on to it. Luckily enough for me, there was some sort of unexpected strength flowing through me at the moment, that had never happened to me before in my entire life.
Patrick eventually nodded to me, as I felt like the smartest thing to do, was to just nod right back at him. Just as I did that however, I then realized that I might have made a mistake, and that this had perhaps just been a test all along.
The man then pulled the same dagger that he had threatened me with earlier, right out of his pocket, as he then put it right in front of my eyes at the same time too. In any normal case, I would have jumped back, as I would have been scared.
There was just some sort of 2nd nature taking over me at the moment, as if I was beginning to get stronger, and braver as I thought more and more on it. If I was going to die, than I would at least die with a little bit of courage left in me.
The man then stopped, as he put it right to my face. I wondered if it had just been a test once again, to see if it would scare me. If that was the case, that I had gotten a 100 on that test. I almost wanted to let out a smile, but Patrick let out his first.
He stared me down for a bit more time, and then he licked his lips for some odd reason or another, as I was a bit confused by it. He then shook his head at me, as then suddenly from his other hand, he pulled out a very large hare from out of it.
I stood there in a bit of shock for some time, as I had not even noticed it with him this whole time. I was just about damn sure that they were pulling some sort of strange witch craft on me at the moment. I blinked just a couple of times, but that was just about all that I would show from them.
Patrick then looked at all of the people that were in the circle with him, once again, as he then turned his head back to me, but this time he had a bit more of a normal smile on his face. He nodded to me, as I did the same as well. After a bit more time, he then began to speak to me too, and I listened to what it was that he had to say to me.
"Anthony... I need you to cut the throat of the rabbit..." He said to me. I looked at him for a little bit of some time, as I then turned my head over to the dead hare. I felt a bit bad for it, but at least it was in a better place, rather than it being on this crazy mans farm.
I stared at the rabbit for a bit more of some time, as I realized that I really did not have all that much time to just be playing around at the exact moment. I then looked up at the man, who was still calm thankfully, and then I nodded back to Pat, to let him know that I had heard what he had asked of me.
He nodded back to me, as he nudged his head over to the dagger that was in his hand at the same time too. I knew what it was that he was trying to tell me to do as well, as I went ahead and I began to reach my hand over to the dagger that he had.
I half expected him to all of the sudden move the dagger, and cut it in to my wrist, but luckily that was not the case, as I then grabbed the warm dagger, and I nodded to the man. He smiled at me as I had grabbed it, and I smiled back at him as well, to try to act calm, though it was not a real smile.
Now that I had grabbed the dagger, I then turned my eyes over to the dead rabbit that was in front of me. I looked at it for a bit of some time, as I still was not sure what to do, even though I had been made well aware as to what it was that I was supposed to be doing.
I gulped, as I closed my eyes for just a couple seconds as well. I still was scared, though I had noticed that there had been some sort of random burst of power that had came out of me, that had thankfully not showed the look of fear that was in my mind, to all of the others that were with me.
After standing there for a bit of some time, I was sure that a lot of the people were wondering if I was perhaps having 2nd thoughts on doing this, which I did not want to be the case at all. I opened my eyes, and then I stared at the dead rabbit.
I looked at it for just a few more seconds, as this time I did not let myself hesitate, as I suddenly took the dagger that had been in my hand for a couple of seconds now, and I reached it right towards the throat of the dead hare.
Just before it got there, suddenly something swooped in, and smacked the dagger from out of my hand, as if it had just had some sort of ultra instincts. I looked around for just a couple of seconds, as I was a bit surprised, a bit confused as to what it was that had just stopped me.
I noticed that it had been Pat, as I saw him move back to the spot that he had been standing at just a few moments ago. I saw a bit of a not too happy look on his face, and I was a bit confused as to what I had done, that had been so wrong.
I saw that a lot of the people that were in the circle as well to, did not look all that happy with me either. As I was worried as to what it was that I had done so wrong. I felt like I should say something, to at least ask as to what it was that I had done, before I might perhaps reach my inevitable death.
The man was still staring at me, as he was not happy at all, and I blinked a few times, as I then nodded to him, though this time he did not nod back at me. I went ahead and began to speak to him, so that I knew better to at least ask, so that I did not make the same mistake again.
"Wha-what did I do wrong? You told me to cut its throat!" I said to him, in a bit of a rush as well, as I was worried that someone might perhaps come at me, and kill me. It was not the case however, as the man kept a perfectly straight look on his face, through all of this.
He sighed a bit, as if I was some sort of stupid person. Maybe I was, but I had never been told in school, as to what it was that went on at all of these satanic gatherings. In fact, in school I had learned quite the opposite of all of this that was going on right now.
I had mostly been taught that God and Satan were just some sort of mythical creatures that had come up through out history, no matter what sort of religion it was. I was told that it was used to scare people, and to make people not think on their own free mind.
I perhaps thought that it might be right for some time, as my father had told me that it was what Satan was trying to do, to make sure that people were sent to hell. He was doing his best to make people think that God and Satan were both not real.
For some time, back when I had a bit of a rebellious spirit as well, I used to scorn on stuff like that, but now, especially right now in fact, I felt like I was the one who was the real fool, for not ever listening to all of the crazy stuff that my father had told me all about.
I shook my head, as my thoughts came back on the presences once again, and all that was going on around me at the exact moment in time. I saw that the man was staring at me just like before, though this time he had his eyes squinted at me.
He realized that I really did not have a clue what was going on right now, as I could tell. As he sighed a bit once again, and then he moved a bit closer to me, and then he put his hand on my shoulder too. It felt a bit weird, but I was not going to push him off.
I stared at him, trying my best not to look afraid, as the man then nodded to me. I nodded back to him as well, as he let out a bit of a laugh this time. All of the people that were in the circle with us as well, seemed fit that this was the time to laugh with him to.
I was so confused, and so lost, as I was damn sure that these peoples souls were so lost at this point, that they did anything that their master, in this case, the man by the name of Patrick, told them, and made them do.
I blinked a bit, as I did my best to try not to think on all of it. The man let out a bit of a stranger smile this time, which I could not tell what it was. After a little bit more time as well, he then began to speak to me too, as I listened to what it was that he had to say.
"No... No... C'mon kid... You gotta wait for Ashley to get the cup first, so that we can pour the blood in to it." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, as I now understood as to what it was that was going on. He continued to speak to me anyways, to let me know that what I had assumed, was in fact true. "After that is done, and the cup is almost full, then you must drink it."
I looked at him, as I then nodded to him too, to let him know that I had heard what it was that he had just said for me to do. I held the rabbit in my hand for a bit more time, as I looked at the poor little guy one last time, and then I shook my head, and looked away from it.
I turned my head over to the mans wife, as I saw that once again, she was walking over to us, with something in her hand as well. She still had a bit of a sad look on her face, but I was over it at this point, as I tried my best not to worry about any of it, and to just get through all of this.
It was the only way that I was going to make it out of here alive. The woman looked at me for a bit of some time, as she then put a bit of a sad smile on her face too. No one seemed to notice it at all, but it almost seemed as if she were trying to speak to me through my head.
If that was what it was that she was trying, than it was not going to work. I did not have the sort of crazy powers that the rest of the people that were with me had. I shook my head, as she shook her head as well, and then she began to speak to me.
"Alright Anthony... What you are going to do now, is you are going to cut its throat open, and make sure that you let the blood spill in to the cup... Once you are done with that, than you give the rabbit over to me." She said to me. I looked at her for a little while longer, as I then understood what it was that she had just asked for me to do.
I nodded back to her, as I looked down at the rabbit once again. I still felt a bit bad for it, but at least it was dead now. It was certainly in a lot better of a place that I was in right now. If this was not hell, than I did not ever want to go to that place.
I shivered a bit, as I realized that all of the people that were with me right now, all had their eyes on me. I gulped a bit, as I kept my eyes on the rabbit that was in my left hand, and just about near the ground to. I knew what it was that I had to do...
I then slowly began to take the dagger that was in my hand, that Pat had given to me as well, and I began to take it over to the rabbit that was in my left hand still. Ashley, the mans wife suddenly put the cup down on the floor right below the rabbit.
I blinked a few times, as I once again did not hesitate. I put the dagger right up to the throat of the rabbit, and cut it right open. A bunch of blood shot all over the place, as I heard the maniacal laughs of someone from the other side of the room when it had happened.
One of the shots of blood went right in to my eyelash as well, as I nearly dropped the rabbit, to wipe off the blood from my eyes. I knew that I could not do that however, as I just shook my head, and then I blinked, to try to get it off of me.
It did a good job at least, as now that it was off of me, I turned my eyes over to the rabbit, which was pouring out a bit of blood, little by little, in the cup that was beside me. I stared down at the cup as well, as I looked at all of the blood that was inside of it already.
I felt like this was a bad idea, and I felt like I was going to get sick from drinking the raw blood from an animal. I shook my head though, as I knew that I had to get over it. I just stared at it for a bit more time, until I heard the voice of Pat once again.
I looked up at him right away, but at the same time as well, I was smart enough to not drop the rabbit, or move it away from the cup. I looked at Pat, as he nodded to me, and then he began to speak to me as well, and I listened to what it was that he had to say to me.
"That is enough blood... Now hand the hare over to Ashley." He said to me. I looked at him for a couple seconds, and then it hit be as to what it was that he had just said to me as well. I nodded to him, and then I began to hand over the dead rabbit to the mans wife.
She took it, without saying a word once again, and then she moved back to the edge of the circle with the rest of the group that was with us. I wondered what it was that she was going to do with the rabbit, but at the same time, I knew that was not what my focus should be on at the moment.
I looked back down at the cup of blood from the rabbit, as I felt like I was going to throw up too, just at the thought of drinking the blood from a raw rabbit. Not just that though, but I was also at a satanic cult gathering as well.
I shook my head, as I tried not to focus too heavily on that, as Patrick then began to speak up to me. I turned my head away from the cup, and over to him, so that I could hear what it was that he was saying.
"Anthony... Get down on 1 knee, and yell, PRAISE TO THE LORD! Then you may drink the holy water." He said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, as I wanted to almost laugh at the fact that he had said holy water. This was not just some sort of joke however.
I nodded to him, as I figured that it would just be smarter to go ahead, and get on with what he had just said for me to do, as I then got down on one knee. I looked down at the so called 'holy water' and then I moved the cup closer to my face. I stared at it for a bit more time, and then I yelled.
"Praise to the lord!"