✈︎ 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Finally agreeing to be the representative of the class, the day ended with a lot of cheers from your classmates. The teachers even thanked you and assured you that you would win. You just smiled at them, not exactly knowing how to answer the encouragement they gave you.

Mark was already outside when the class ended. He was standing outside with his usual serious face and earphones. He looked so unapproachable with his furrowed brows and angry looking face. But as soon as he saw you, his face brightened up.

"Hey, what's with the noise earlier?" he asked when he removed his earphones.

"They picked me as the representative for the class." you sighed while telling the news. Modelling sounds fun in your opinion but you just don't think that it is for you. You tried joining a runway before because of your mom and they praised you because you don't look like a beginner but you just don't feel confident about it yet.

"Which one? The pageant with the swim suit?" he asked, brows furrowed.

"Sadly, yes" you sighed. Your body was okay, alright. You just feel like at your age, your body would've matured more like some of your classmates, you feel insecure about that a bit but you refused to tell Mark that.

"If you don't want to, I can talk to them for you." he said after hearing your worried tone and your scrunched face.

"They have been asking me that since seventh grade. I figured that this is the last time so I should at least give it a try." you replied, clinging on to him after, brushing off the thought on your head a little.

"How about the song that you want me to hear?" you changed the topic, his serious face turned into the same red and embarrassed Mark from earlier.

"Come on! I won't tell the boys, it will be out secret" you winked at him, forcing your pinky fingers on his to make a promise.

Mark scratched the back of his red neck before handling you a side on his earphone. He then did something on his phone which took a while before the slow rap song played.

From what you understood from the lyrics, it was about a young boy liking someone for a long time. He then said that only the time will tell if they'll be together because it seems so blur right at the moment. The song got cut before it even got to the second verse.

"That's it for now" he stated as he laughed at your focused face while listening to the song.

"Dude, that was so good! I need to hear the whole thing!" you happily said while chasing him because he wouldn't give you the earphones again.

In the end, he wouldn't let you listen to the other half so you just let him be. The both of you decided to visit Taeil to check how he was doing on his job. He said he didn't get fired because the woman didn't said anything to the manager which relieved you a little bit.

You know Taeil so well, he wouldn't like accepting help from his friends all the time. He feels like he was burdening all of you so he would always say that he was doing alright even though that wasn't the case.

When you entered the shop, you saw an excited Taeil welcoming a new customer, he smiled wider when he saw that it was the both of you.

"Good afternoo- oh! you guys are right on time!" he excitedly said, motioning the both of you to get near him.

The shop was almost empty because it was still early in the afternoon, the students who usually go here to hang out are still not out and there are only a few who shops at this time.

Hearing the excited Taeil, you happily matched his mood as well, smiling wide without knowing what he was about to say, you laughed at his excited face.

"What is it?" you tapped the counter excitedly.

He couldn't continue what he was about to say so he just went through his bag that also took a while because he was rummaging quickly as he was too excited, but after a while, he took out a white envelope with some signs in it that you can barely see.

"But first, close your eyes you two." he happily said and you both followed after he forced you a few times. Mark wouldn't stop making a fuss about it asking what it was and he was getting impatient while laughing cutely.

You excitedly handed your hand while your eyes was closed, anticipating on what he was about to give.

You felt that a piece of paper landed on your palms so you quickly opened your eyes and opened the envelop that he handed.

You excitedly scanned the paper with a letter on it but the more time you spent reading it, the more your smile and your shoulders dropped.

Scholarship Application for Moon Taeil on University of Chicago —• Approved.