✈︎ 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

The first months on China was too rough on them. Their remaining money went to his father's treatment as he was on coma, their family are all willing to help and lend them money but your mother's pride won't let you borrow money from your family members.

They never contacted you. Maybe its because you left your phone and they didn't had any contact to reach your or they just didn't try. You lost hope of it, you tried to fill your head with anger so you could keep going everyday. So you wouldn't have to think of your memories with them and feel lonely on this country.

You didn't study for college. Your trust fund was swept clean because of all the expenses so you had to work.

Your old friend from Korea offered you a modelling job and every time you have a vacant time, you work part time as a barista on Beijing. Everything was tiring but you tried to keep yourself together for your parents.

But he died. And everything came crushing down again. Your mother would cry herself to sleep everyday and you can hear her. You wanted to cry too, but you can't. It won't come out, maybe it dried down, or maybe you got too used to crying that you can't let anything come out anymore.

Luck. You want to laugh every time you hear that word. 

"One, macchiato. J-jaehyun?" you almost asked when you called out the name of the order. This order was taken by your partner so you were shocked to see a familiar name.

"y/n?" he asked when he went to take his coffee on the counter.

It was him. 

"What are you doing here?" you asked, anger slowly creeping up on your system.

"I'm studying here. Beijing. This is the exam that I was studying for" he explained.

"Great, here's your order and get out of my sight" you rudely replied.

But he was too persistent, he would visit the shop everyday just so he could talk to you even for a short period of time. Until you got tired and decided to talk and tell him everything.

"Wow... you're the better liar here, y/n" he said and your brows furrowed.

"All along we thought that you went away to study somewhere far, because your family started selling most of your properties in Korea and they won't tell us why" he stated and you sighed.

"My mom didn't want to let anyone know that my dad died that year, she was still mourning." you explained and he nodded.

"How are you?" he asked suddenly. 

You cleared your throat, "Fine." 

He was with you all the time after that, he would fetch you after your shift and while he was waiting, he would review at the coffeeshop all day.

"Who is that handsome boy?" your partner asked you.

"A friend of mine" you would say.

"That's not how friends treat their friends" she replied and you just shook your head.

Giving Jaehyun a look, you saw him almost dozing off from his school works, you smiled.

"Coffee." you said, giving him a coffee that you made yourself.

"I didn't order anything" he said, fully alert.

"It's on the house" you rolled your eyes before turning your back at him, he shouted a thank you and you chuckled.

"Friends?" your partner teased. 

"Friends" you confirmed, rolling your eyes once again.