✈︎ 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

"What happened?" Mark asked with furrowed brows, he arrived late because he was trying to finish his essay that is due today. Taeyong was already outside to get your things on your classroom.

"I slipped, that's all. I think I sprained my ankle. I can't move it" you pouted, quite disappointed that you won't be able to join the pageant that is about days from now.

"Do you think it will heal in 3 days?" you asked the nurse and she said that it was not certain yet since it was bent poorly from your fall earlier.

The boys quickly went with Jaehyun when they saw you slipped earlier and boy, they were too noisy which embarrassed you a little bit. The nurses must be irritated from all their worried questions ever since you were placed here.

"Just make sure not to walk too much, it will be fine in a week" she assured you.

You went outside, where they were waiting and after a lot of questions about it, they finally decided to take you home.

"Should we tell Yuta and Taeil hyung?" Doyoung asked and you shook your head, you don't want to bother Taeil because he's probably busy with work. Yuta is also busy preparing for his departure.

"Y/n, I'll take you home" Haechan said, putting your arms on his shoulder to help you stand up.

"I'll take her home. You didn't bring your car today, she can't walk yet" Jaehyun interrupted and before he could protest, your arm was already on Jaehyun.

"You can come with us, I'll take you home too" he eyed Haechan and the other nodded, looking serious for some reason.

The boys were quiet after that, so you spoke, "I'll just call my driver?" you awkwardly said when you noticed the tension, which is unusual for the group.

"No" all of them said,

"Okay okay, so what are we still doing here? " you raised your free arm in surrender while jokingly pointing the exit of the school.

--

After he bought you home, you were staring at the ceiling while thinking of ways to make your ankles heal fast. You don't want to disappoint your teachers and classmates just because you got anxious when your friends were watching.

Or at least find a good replacement...

"Elizabeth!" you shouted, a brilliant idea popping on your mind.

You went to school early that day, asking your friends to not pick you up because you wanted to go early. Those guys are never early. You were accompanied by your bodyguard until you were inside the classroom and after answering the questions of your classmates, you went straight to Elizabeth.

She looked at you with scared eyes when you placed her arms on her desk, "You" you started, catching your breath.

"S-sorry, it's not my fault" she bowed repeatedly while she was apologizing.

"Why are you apologizing?" you curiously asked her.

"A-aren't you here to blame me that y-you slipped yesterday?" she stuttered without looking at you.

"No, silly, I'm here to ask you if you want to be my replacement for the pageant?" you asked her and she looked at you with wide eyes.

"N-no, I mean look at me. I'm n-not even half as better as y-you" she sighed while playing with her fingers.

After convincing her all day at class, you finally made her agree. You even skipped lunch with the guys because you were too eager to convince her.

"First, we need to change the way you dress" you commented after class.

"Is there something w-wrong?" she asked and you scrunched your face, thinking if you should say it or not, 

"You just need to be on the modern side of style, it needs a little work" you gave her a smile, she then nodded naively.

This is going to be a long day.