✈︎ 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

"C-chicago?" you repeated as you read the letter more clearly.

"Yes! I actually applied with Johnny, him as a freshman and I'm applying as a sophomore. I'm glad he didn't told you yet, I was worried that he'll ruin the surprise." he laughed looking very happy.

You sighed. Not knowing if you should be happy that he was the happiest you saw him or you would be mad that he didn't even bothered talking to you about it. When in fact, he was the closest to you, because you met him first before anyone else did.

And Johnny was also in it too, who acted normally in front of you like he wasn't hiding something big. Thinking about it for a while, Taeil noticed your mood has switched up. Mark motioning him to talk to you, he asked you to go outside with him.

You followed and sat on the table outside the convenient store. Still wasn't able to think of anything to say, he started to speak.

"Do you remember the time you saved me from my father?" he asked.

Eyes tearing up, you nodded. "H-how can I forget?" you smiled.

"That was the only lucky thing that has happened to me for the first time in my life. I thought that for once, it was worth living, because I was finally out of the monster's house." he chuckled dryly.

You held his hand, wiping your tears on the other, you felt guilty that you didn't want him to go. You feel like you were being selfish. Again. Like how you felt with Yuta.

"And then I met the boys, I thought that I must be getting lucky! Finally! The luck that I was wishing for was finally getting on my way." he gave you his usual fake smile that you knew so well.

"I started smiling again, I was finally at peace with my mom. Everything seems to feel alright. All thanks to you." he tightened the hold on your hand.

You shook your head in disapproval, not strong enough to talk.

"And now I wanted to do well, I have to prove you that what you did back then was right, I'll do everything, y/n. To make myself feel deserving, because I want to be something more. Someone that deserves to be by your side" he gave out a small laugh.

"Y-you're already deserving" you whispered.

"Who would want to be with someone as low as me?" he laughed while wiping your tears.

"Me! Do you think I care about anything else?" you exclaimed while looking at his eyes, even though you can't see anything because of the tears.

"The princess.... deserves nothing but the best. Always remember that, y/n." he smiled, putting your hair against your ears.

The talk ended emotionally. You had to go because your mother was looking for you already. The whole ride with Mark was quiet because he was scared that he would say something that would make you feel worst.

You keep thinking, the everyone seems to go somewhere else now that high school was ending. You're scared, that maybe all of them will have to go somehow, and like the three of them, you won't be able to stop them. Because that's what they want, and what they want was the most important.

But what about me? You thought, what will happen if they all leave to pursue their own choices of paths, and all there's left is you and no one else? What will happen? You kept thinking about that the whole ride. You felt bad that the fun mood with Mark turned into a gloomy one but you can't grasp the idea that Yuta had to leave in a few weeks and so does Johnny and Taeil.

You both quietly arrived your house. "S-sorry I wasn't too fun today" you smiled, trying to lighten up the mood.

He placed his hand on the top of your head to mess it up and he smiled, "No worries, our princess."

You sighed as you tiredly fixed your hair, "Why do you guys likes messing my hair up?"

He laughed as he saw your annoyed face, "You look cute when you're annoyed by it. So we kept doing it" he explained, handing you your things, he said he had to work on something so he has to go.

You entered the house with a heavy heart, you don't even have the appetite to eat dinner even though your mom asked you a few times. You said you don't feel so hungry because you already ate and after that, she left you alone.

After putting up the clothes that you plan to wear for tomorrow's hang out, you decided not to open your phone to answer any of the boys' texts. You just want to rest tonight, you closed your lamp and went to sleep right after.