✈︎ 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

He was there for every breakdown and mourning you did. He would also spoil your mother with gifts whenever he get the chance to meet her. Your mother's way of coping for your father's death was spending money and you wanted to make sure she have the money to spend.

It's exhausting. The money that you'll earn will go straight to your mother's luxuries.  Until some scout tried talking to you about some modeling and you gladly tried, you started earning for yourself. 

Jaehyun was with you all those times. You're lying if you'll say that you don't feel anything for him but you just don't know how to dress that part of you yet.

"Done?" Jaehyun asked.

"Yeah" you replied, looking problematic.

"What's with your long face?" Jaehyun asked while carrying your bag for you. He already graduated and is about to take after his father's business.

"My manager took a job in Korea, they told me that I have to be there" you explained.

"What's wrong? You were from Korea" he said.

"Well..." you trailed.

Right. Why do I don't like that idea? you asked yourself. 

You told your mom about it and she was excited to go back too, she said she's been conversing with her old friends in Korea and they are planning to meet.

"Mom please don't spend too much" you advised while massaging your temple.

"Don't worry! we still have enough from your dad's properties from Singapore and Malaysia, we'll manage!" she said.

"Don't sell that, I swear mommy I'll know!" you said and she assured you repeatedly that she won't.

That was your father's most treasured properties and you're not planning to sell that too. As much as possible. As long as you can manage the expenses and your mom's expensive living expenses, you're not laying a finger on those properties.

So it's decided, you're leaving for Korea.

"Y/n..." Jaehyun trailed, taking you back on the reality.

"Yeah?" you asked, laying back on the sofa to rest for a bit.

"Ten and Si Cheng asked me for a drink later, the dudes are broken" he laughed while laying next to you.

He developed a habit together with the boys before to tell you their whereabouts, at first you didn't want to hear or see him do things that the boys would normally do to you because you would end up remembering and crying about it, but in the end, you got used to it.

He gave you assurance. And you liked it. 

"Sure, are you going to drink? I'll pick you up" you offered while looking at a furniture on your phone. You decided to get yourself a condominium near your agency to lessen the hassle. It wasn't decorated yet and it's also one of the things that kept you busy lately. 

You stopped going to your part time job on the cafe when you started getting busy with modeling. Your newly found friends there never forgets to check up on you and you were glad that they still remember you.

Luck. You still wonder what that word truly means. 

Is it being happy that things are starting to go well, or feeling a little empty because of something you can't say. Or talk about. You don't have the courage to address that yet.

"I think so" he mumbled, putting his chin on your shoulder.

"Can I ask you something?" he whispered and you answered him with a nod.

"When will you give me a chance?" he said in a low voice. 

You stopped scrolling. He confessed his feelings a few weeks after you saw him on that cafe. But you told him that you weren't ready for anything yet. He assured you that it was okay and he was willing to wait. It felt nice that someone was willing to do that for you.

Someone. You almost scolded yourself when you thought of him. 

You wouldn't deny that you feel something for Jaehyun. You feel jealous whenever you see him hanging out with his classmates who are overly touchy, you always have the urge to take care of him and console him whenever he's stressed out, and he won't miss a chance to assure you that it was always you, right from the start.

"I'm giving you a chance right now" you giggled and you felt him stiffen.

"I know it's April but i'm not up for any jokes right now" he grunted and you laughed.

"I'm not joking" you chuckled while touching his cheeks.

"How... did I got the chance to pull someone as ethereal as you?" you mumbled while watching him put all the weight of his face on your palms.

You wanted to ask yourself if this is right, or if this is worth risking for. Because the friendship, the childhood memories are all on the line in giving it a try.

But it wouldn't be so bad,

Right?