✈︎ 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

The preparation for the pageant was around the corner, since the whole classroom was busy preparing for the props and other necessary things, you busied yourself in preparing your ramp and practicing the questions that might be asked in the pageant.

The practice for the main pageant will be held after class, you were advised to go there earlier because the organizer will teach the contestants some dos and donts on the stage. So after you were prompt to got there, you did.

"Are we complete?" the woman asked and the other contestant said that they are not. So they let you sit first and wait for the others before you guys start. 

You saw Elizabeth on the further side of the stage, she volunteered to do the props and they were assigned to do the decorations for the contest. She was going back and forth because the students are ordering her to do a lot of stuff. You felt bad because she looked too tired and it seems like the students are taking advantage of her kindness.

"Beth!" you called and she glanced back.

"Hey" she greeted back.

"That looks heavy, let me help" you said while taking half of the props she was carrying. You gave the students behind her a look and they looked away. Guilty. You sighed.

"Where do we put these?" you asked and she pointed somewhere from the back, you nodded and helped her place the boxes down.

"Do they always do that to you?" you asked and she looked at you innocently.

"Do what?" she curiously asked, not knowing that they were taking advantage of her.

You sighed, before you could give her a lecture about it, the organizer called the attention of the contestants because it was about to start. "I got to go" you smiled at her and she gave you an eager nod and a few "thank you"

The contestants were advised to wear heels for the pageants so you wore one today, it is also a good thing that you know how to dress up properly for events, wearing heels is not a big deal to you.

"Y/n, move further back and be on the middle" the organizer said while pointing at the center of the stage from the back. The students who were assigned for the props are currently there so you can't move further back but you still did, scared that the organizer might scold you. You made sure you at least gave them a small place to work on.

There was a ladder on your back so when you heard some rustling, you were aware that someone was above there, placing some decorations on the top.

The organizer asked all of you to switch positions by doing some dance steps until you reached your original place, overall it wasn't too bad, you actually enjoyed it as much as you thought you would. The guys were not around yet because you were advised to go here early so it went smoothly.

After the break, Jaehyun was the first one to come, he was carrying a plastic chair with him and he sat in front. He gave you a wave when you eyed him and you replied with a small smile.

Suddenly feeling anxious that he was watching, you made a few mistakes while ramping, the organizer was thankfully patient though which you were glad. When you saw the other guys entering one by one, you got too focused on them that you didn't see the ladder in front of you. Well, as embarrassing as it may sound, you slipped.

"Shit! y/n, are you okay?!" the contestants flooded on you.

"My ankle.." you said with a sour face.

"Move, move" you heard Jaehyun said and he carried you, bridal style.

"I told you not to join these things" he scolded.

You hid your face on his neck, "That was so embarrassing" you shrieked.

He laughed, hiding your face from the people who were curiously looking at the both of you.