forty four - success!

(if i ever say i'm over their friendship, no i'm not i'm lying)-

-

the next morning was chaotic as they packed to go to the airport. despite warning one another to start packing early, it fell on deaf ears and they were now panicking.

"who decided that taking out my sleeping bag was a good idea?" taehyun grumbled as he tried to unsuccessfully stuff the hastily rolled up sleeping bag into his suitcase.

no one responded as they scrambled about, attempting to locate the items that they had taken to carelessly leaving around the house.

to no one's surprise, yeonjun was laying down comfortably on his couch watching the scene unfold in front of him. he got on everyone's nerves by randomly bursting into song, adding to the noise they were already making.

to everyone's surprise though, was that beomgyu was seated next to him. the random bursts of song was started by yeonjun, but beomgyu had taken it upon himself to loudly remind everyone that if they "didn't hurry your asses up, i would be the only one with ass left when we get back."

everyone barely spared him a second glance, knowing that he would probably have forgotten half his things anyway. they left him to it, and a chaotic morning later, were finally ready to leave.

they settled for lunch at the airport, and before they knew it, it was time to leave.

"it was nice seeing you," hueningkai said, "see you soon, i hope."

they took turns saying their goodbyes, and yeonjun lingered on the last two people at the end of the line.

"thank you for everything, see you soon." he mumbled into her hair as he enveloped minyoung in a hug.

she reluctantly let go of him, reminding him to train hard and pay attention to his physiotherapy sessions.

"love you, miss you." she said softly as she finally let him go and he smiled.

"come here," soobin laughed as yeonjun practically ran into his open arms, "i'm pretty sure we haven't spent this amount of time apart before."

the rest of the group left the both of them to talk and waited near the counters for soobin.

"you're really the bestest friend i could ever ask for," yeonjun said, "i really think i'll miss you a lot."

"even more than her?" he raised an eyebrow and jerked his head in minyoung's direction.

"don't tell her, but maybe." yeonjun decided to join in soobin's teasing for once.

they finally separated and soobin picked up his bag.

"meet you at an awards ceremony?" soobin teased.

"both of us with medals, yes," he pushed soobin lightly in the direction of the counters, "you should really get going."