forty three - balcony

-

-

"it'll be boring for you guys."

they had just finished breakfast and yeonjun was preparing to go for his first therapy session. the rest of them cleared up quickly and were ready to go in fifteen minutes.

"you're talking as if the rest of us don't play sports." soobin scolded, he seemed the most concerned.

yeonjun had spent the whole of last evening dropping hints that he did not want them following him, but the group was firm. despite his numerous what-ifs, it seemed that they always had an explanation for everything.

truth is, yeonjun was afraid. he always had a fear of failure - more so letting people down than letting himself down. he had spent almost all his school years trying to live up to the near perfect standards his father had set for him, and having it drilled into him.

his friends knew this, but were determined to help lessen this psychological burden he was always carrying.

"if it makes you feel any better, we'll be waiting outside." hueningkai offered.

"just yell if you need help," beomgyu said, "we'll come in like a team of heroes!"

yeonjun simply shook his head at this and frowned slightly.

"but-" he was stopped by a hand placed gently on his thigh.

"we just want to help you, but you'll be the one to decide how much help you want." minyoung said.

yeonjun finally conceded, and the group made their way to their destination. they were greeted by a counter upon their arrival as yeonjun went forward to register himself.

"how many of you?" the lady behind the counter eyed the big group warily.

"just me." yeonjun replied.

"i won't allow more than one accompanying you," she wagged her finger at them, "the rest of them have to wait elsewhere."

the decision was unanimous and minyoung bade goodbye to her friends.

"nervous?" she asked.

"me? no way." he answered truthfully.

"you have to promise that you'll continue your sessions," she warned, "we won't be here to ensure you go for them all."

"only because you asked."

-

"so much for being heroes." beomgyu grumbled as he kicked a pebble off the sidewalk.

"cheer up, he'll be fine," soobin gave the sulky boy a pat on the back, "i'll treat you to hotdogs!"

"really?" beomgyu's eyes shined, "they look delicious everytime i see them on youtube!"