seventeen - come back please

-

-

the rest of the month passed uneventfully, and both yeonjun and minyoung still had not spoken to the other. heck, she barely even saw him anymore other than in class, he always seemed to have somewhere else to be.

finally having been given the clear by the doctor, she returned to training the very next day.

"welcome back!" seulgi was in even higher spirits than usual, "we're having a mini celebration for you."

she was led to a classroom by the latter once they ended their training, which had been decorated simply with balloons and a large 'congratulations!' scrawled in large bubble letters on the whiteboard.

"- and if you don't stop running you're gonna end up in the streets tonight!" taehyun's voice followed beomgyu, who had come sprinting in balancing boxes of food in his arms.

"did it," he panted, turning to smile smugly at taehyun who had come running in as well, "you owe me twenty dollars."

hueningkai and soobin let themselves into the classroom as the former carefully closed the door behind them. minyoung found her eyes searching, which was something she had been doing more often.

"what took you four so long?" seulgi chided them before their chatter drowned her out.

minyoung scoffed in disbelief when she felt her heart drop slightly.

had she really been expecting him to turn up? it was clear as day that he wanted absolutely nothing to do with her now, and she had just been a small burden in the way of his road to glory.

"hey," beomgyu's voice snapped her out of it, "we got you a present!"

beomgyu was beside himself with excitement as soobin reached over and took out a racket from the huge bag he had tucked behind his chair earlier.

her feelings of disappointment vanished temporarily as her eyes took in the gift.

"but, this model is really expensive," and as she checked the weight, realised that it was basically perfect for someone of her stature and with her playing style, "however did you guys know?"

"we...did struggle a little," kai scratched his nose, "luckily we got the help of y-"

hueningkai was stopped by taehyun, and the former's ears turned red before he sat back down. it was awkward for awhile as although they did not know the real reason the two had fallen out, they were nice enough to not probe further.

"it's alright guys," she broke the silence, and with as much sincerity she could, "i appreciate it, i really really do."

"check out the dampener we got!" seulgi pointed out, "they come in a set, so now we match!"

-

the next day, she set off on her way to the tracks, which she had been avoiding ever since.