nineteen - your turn now

-

-

minyoung found herself out the door and at the courts even before yeonjun arrived. he let out a short laugh when he saw her, inwardly pleased that she was looking forward to training.

"damn, i was hoping that you needed a morning call." he tossed his bag onto the benches before changing into his shoes.

while she did not regret telling yeonjun how she felt towards him, she was embarrassed still, and therefore pretended not to have heard him.

"its been a while since i've had you as a coach, please go easy on me." she laughed nervously.

"nonsense!" he looked up from looping his laces, "we're going to pick up exactly from where we left off, and you'll be better than ever by the time i'm finished!"

he tightened the knots and leapt to his feet, dragging her up by the elbow as he did so. she had just finished tying her laces, and his movement caused her to pull them loose again. ignoring her glare, he blew his whistle shrilly.

she jumped at the shrill sound.

"really," she squinted against the sun, "was the whistle necessary?" 

"good morning!" he grinned, "no need to thank me for waking you up."

"i was already," she said, "but i applaud your effort."

"up on your feet then!" he nudged her playfully, "we'll start by running rounds round the court!"

they took to running round the courts. yeonjun deliberately got on minyoung's nerves by constantly breaking into sudden sprints, or running backwards while blowing the whistle after every word he said.

-

two hours later, yeonjun had his arms crossed as he stared down at a panting minyoung, who was trying her best to stand straight.

"not as much progress as i had hoped, but it's definitely more than what i expected." he mumbled thoughtfully before turning away.

the sun was bearing down on them at this point, and the rays were starting to get painful as they hit the skin. they retreated into the sheltered area of the stands to take a break and plopped down on the seats as soon as they did.

"did you put sunblock?" 

"i did," he looked up confusedly, "but it probably would have rubbed off by now. i didn't bring it today either."

"you could use mine?" she took out a ziplock bag.

he simply stared at the bag that she pushed into his hands, examining the contents of each bottle as he did so.