thirty one - making use of five senses

-

-

with only two weeks to spare, yeonjun was anxious to spend as much time with his friends as he could. he simply refused to tell anyone, no, that was too harsh.

instead, he simply took to asking his friends out every other day, and minyoung every single day.

"again? you know that we're still schooling right?" hueningkai had said after yeonjun had suggested that they went for a picnic for the fifth time in six days.

"go with minyoung, i'm tired." taehyun groaned as he sinked into the couch.

they had gathered at beomgyu's house, which was empty most of the time and therefore their favourite place to go to without having to worry about being caught in unflattering situations by confused parents.

"c'mon..." yeonjun pleaded, "i want to eat cucumber butter sandwiches on a picnic."

"i'll make sure you never want to eat those again if we end up going on that picnic." taehyun muttered under his breath such that only soobin heard, and the latter stifled a chuckle.

"we still have all the time in the world to go on picnics! you're acting as if you're leaving in a month or something." seulgi joked as the rest agreed fervently, laughing it off.

a week, not a month.

yeonjun could barely manage a small smile before his face hardened, trying to hide his emotions. he felt selfish about lying to them like that, but he did not want everyone treating him as if they would never see him again — it was unnatural.

minyoung noticed the tight smile yeonjun had given, and her brows furrowed a little as she wondered about what could be bothering him.

"are you hungry or something?" seulgi tapped minyoung on her shoulder, "you seem distracted."

"there are snacks on the top shelf," beomgyu said lazily, "help yourselves, the host doesn't entertain his guests in this house."

"c'mon, i'll help you with them." yeonjun stood up and followed her into the kitchen.

"are we that intrusive that you need to spend even those five minutes alone?" kai called after them.

"you've been slightly weird these past few days, are you okay?" minyoung pulled yeonjun to the side once they were in the kitchen.

"i don't eat the crusts on bread if you're making any!" beomgyu's yell interrupted them, "remember to cut them up into triangles as well!"

"we know!" minyoung yelled back before turning back to the counter, tip-toeing to reach the top shelf.

"y-yeah, i'm fine." he reached over her to help get the crisps from the top shelf, basically smothering her.

he felt arms wrapping around his waist and he looked down at minyoung, whose head was tilted up such that their faces were barely inches apart, grinning at him.

"you look a little tired these days," she said as she examined the dark circles under his eyes, poking his cheek in an attempt to elicit a smile.

his face broke into a smile as he stared at her for awhile. she snuggled her face into his chest, resting her ear against it to hear his steady heartbeat.

"you always smell just right." she remarked, inhaling the familiar smell of strawberry scented soap.

suddenly, with her arms still wrapped around his waist, he put down the crisps on the counter before lifting minyoung up onto it.

she gave a small yelp when she felt herself being lifted up, but she was now at his eye level, his arms on either side of her as he leaned forward slightly.

minyoung's arms were now back at her sides, and they were doing all they could to support her as she leaned backwards while yeonjun continued leaning forward.

"lets see," he counted off of his fingers, "you've just used four of your five senses: sight, smell, touch and hearing. we can't possibly leave the fifth one out can we?"

he smirked as his hand caught around her waist, preventing her from leaning back any further.

he leaned in slowly, his eyes locked on hers as he licked his lips. he paused however, when he noticed the uneasiness that had flashed in her eyes for a split second.

"y'know, i won't force you if you don't want to," he spoke softly, "but... can i kiss you?"

his eyes had now left her gaze and were fixated on her slightly parted lips. when minyoung closed her eyes, he smiled before connecting their lips together. while one of his hands stayed supporting her back, the other slid up to cup her cheeks gently as he pushed forward slightly, deepening their kiss.

her arms wrapped around his neck as she kissed him back, her lips moving in perfect sync with his.

this kiss was different from the first; while the first was light, this one felt slightly hungry, as if it would be a long time before they would feel each other's lips again.

"aww c'mon! not here!" a shout broke them apart, and yeonjun glared at the intruder but kept his position.

"i was wondering what took you so long to make simple finger food but you two decided to make out in my kitchen?"

"eww are they doing the frickle frackle? ouch!" taehyun's voice floated over before a dull slap was heard.

"how are you so effortlessly crude?" soobin's voice was heard.

"i didn't even say se-"

"are you done?" yeonjun stared at beomgyu with daggers in his eyes.

"that's what i should be asking you!" he said, "you two may not be hungry from eating each other's faces up like that, but the rest of us only have snacks to get full on, so hurry up."

he left after saying his piece, not forgetting to grab the crisps that were already on the counter, grumbling as he made his way back.

"he'll get over it," yeonjun turned back to a blushing minyoung, "now, where were we?"

he leaned in again, but she slapped him on the shoulder lightly before pushing him away.

"stop it now," she laughed as she gathered up the rest of the food before jumping off the counter, looking back at a pouting yeonjun.

"seriously?" she said as she walked back and pecked him on the cheek, "now, can we go? the longer we stay the more fuss they're going to make."

he gave her a quick kiss once more before grabbing the things in her arms and skipping out, leaving behind a very confused minyoung.

choi yeonjun, you sneaky little fox.

she smiled to herself before following behind him.

okokok i've been wanting to get this out for so long but every single edit just did not satisfy me haha but this one kind of made the cut? hope yall like it🤍