eight - what is this feeling?

-

-

yeonjun left his house frustrated and hurriedly walked down the familiar path to school. he then realised that it had already started to rain, and he pulled up to hood of his hoodie before raising the umbrella over his head.

as he threaded carefully, taking care to avoid the puddles that had already started to form due to the heavy rain, his eyes roamed frantically. as he passed by the school, he continued down the path and soon made it to the bus stop she said she would take the bus from.

once he neared the bus stop, he squinted his eyes through the heavy rain and saw that the bus stop was empty. heaving a sigh of relief, he made to turn back home, convinced that minyoung had probably already reached home.

a movement in the distance caught his eye, and he could just make out a limping figure struggling to walk in the pouring rain. he started walking towards her, opening his mouth and wanting to shout for her.

"oi, minyoung!" a voice that definitely had not come from him.

as he looked up, he saw that soobin was also holding an umbrella and rushing over to her. he paused his walking and saw her practically collapse into soobin's arms as he held onto her elbows tightly.

he took that as the signal that he was no longer needed, since soobin had already found her anyway. he turned around and walked away, leaving the two of them to it.

as he made his way back home, he reasoned that there was no need to have it been him that found her. as long as she was safe, it didn't matter whether she fell into his or soobin's arms. besides, soobin was better at taking care of people than he was, and she was simply a friend that he cared about.

yes, that was it. she was simply a classmate, a friend.

drying himself off as he stepped into his apartment, he looked down and realised that he was still holding the extra coat that he had brought. the coat hung limply in his arms, as if it was supposed to be wrapped snuggly around a someone - a certain someone that had just collapsed into another male's arms.

he flung the coat across his room and it landed half-off his bed.

he took a seat at his desk, intending to study for the upcoming test that they would be having that week. as he flipped through his materials, his mind kept wandering off as he continuously stared at the same line for the third time.

a scene of a girl falling into soobin's waiting embrace; definitely warm and inviting. would it have felt different if it were his arms instead?

realising that his concentration was at an all time low that night, he closed his texts and tossed himself onto his bed. he lay face down on his pillow and groaned loudly into it, relishing the way it muffled the sound.

-

minyoung was surprised to see soobin as he rushed over to her hurriedly.