thirty nine - on our way

-

-

"stop pushing me, i called dibs on the aisle seat when i planned this surprise!"

beomgyu elbowed taehyun, who glared at him with such piercing eyes that minyoung felt herself shudder.

"there are two aisle seats in the middle row, you two can have them both alright?" soobin attempted to mediate before an argument broke out.

"it's only been two minutes..." seulgi rubbed her temples.

meanwhile, hueningkai settled himself into one of the seats in the middle. he was cupping his face with his hands as he watched his friends argue for what must have been the fifth time that day.

not wanting to get herself involved, minyoung took the seat next to hueningkai. he passed her the safety instructions he was pretending to read so that they wouldn't end up in the middle of their quarrel.

alas, seulgi's patience had run thin—she had always been much more impatient than soobin—and she managed to make the both of them sit on the same aisle minyoung and hueningkai were currently occupying.

"i'm quiet, don't worry." taehyun assured the boy as he took a seat next to him, immediately closing his eyes.

"if he thinks he can beat me at that he's wrong." beomgyu retorted.

peace was found at last, and the plane was soon preparing for take off.

"its good to take a trip; get your mind off things." her mother had said.

"take good care of each other alright?" her father waved at them after offering to drive them to the airport.

"say hi to your boyfriend for me," her helper whispered in her ear, "he's an absolute dear."

minyoung closed her eyes as the pressure in the plane started increasing, and the group of friends were soon in the air.

yawning so that her ears would pop, she decided to watch a movie to pass the time.

"can we watch it together? i'm bored." beomgyu asked her, leaning over the arm rest.

she wordlessly passed him one side of her earpiece and they settled down to watch the movie. they made it past the first thirty minutes before starting to get restless, feeling restrained to the seats.

"nervous?" beomgyu asked.

"yeah, just a little."

he raised his eyebrows.

"alright, i'm really really nervous." she conceded, "its been months since i've seen him."

"and the time will be even longer after this when both of you get busy."

all she could do was sigh and lean back in her seat, attempting to deny impending reality.

-