thirty four - we'll continue when i'm back

-

-

soobin watched as yeonjun's figure got progressively smaller. he shoved his hands into his pockets, and felt his phone vibrating.

"what the-"

his phone was almost exploding, as numerous text messages continuously came in from his friends.

"seventy-two missed calls, lord have mercy." soobin mumbled a silent prayer as he answered the seventy-third call, this time from taehyun.

"oh, look who finally decided we were important enough to answer calls from!" a sarcastic voice came through the speaker.

"did minyoung tell you guys?"

"no, i saw your instagram story."

"right, that." soobin had taken a picture of them at the cafe earlier and had tagged yeonjun.

"how dare you two hang out without us? skipping school without telling us either. you suck!" hueningkai said this time.

"no worries, we're all here!"

soobin felt a tap on his back and looked up to find four of his friends looking back at him. he scanned them quickly before doing a mental count in his head.

"where's minyoung?" he asked, praying that she was probably walking too slow to keep up.

"no idea, we could not get through to her phone." beomgyu shrugged, "that lazy ass must still be knocked out in bed."

"she's the most important person!" soobin burst out.

"that one really hurt man." taehyun started.

"no you guys don't understand..." soobin hurriedly explained the situation to the four shocked faces.

"let's pray that she does manage to catch up with him..." seulgi mumbled worriedly as they rushed after yeonjun, who was already lost in the crowd.

-

minyoung nearly broke the door handle in her haste to get off the cab.

she ran in through one of the many entrances, and was immediately overwhelmed by the amount of counters and the bustling of passengers as the airport started seeing more people at this time of day.

"calm down, you can still catch him." she said to herself, "check the flights, check the flights..."

she hurried over to the giant display boards and immediately looked for flights at the timing that soobin had told her just now. her eyes searched frantically, cursing every single time someone bumped into her as she stood in the middle of the airport.

she swore loudly when a woman's luggage bumped into her ankle, letting her anger getting the better of her.

"how dare you!" the woman who she had just gotten angry at turned around and went up to minyoung, "you're the one standing in the way and you dare curse at me?"

already feeling frustrated enough, minyoung did not turn to the woman, choosing to mumble a quick apology before turning her attention back to the board.

"how is a kid so rude?" the woman was beside herself now and was raising her voice.

"i'm really sorry, i'll take her from here." an all too familiar voice came up next to minyoung and a warm hand gripped her wrist firmly.

"sorry." minyoung quickly apologised once she realised who the voice belonged to, and allowed herself to be led away.

without even having the time to react, she was smothered by a scent she was all too familiar with and loved: strawberry with a light touch of peppermint.

she allowed him to pull her closer, and she wrapped her arms around his waist. she rested her head on his chest and felt his rapid heartbeat matching her own hurried one. she took another quick whiff before burying her head further into his chest.

"you always smell so good." she mumbled.

yeonjun laughed before pulling away, but his arms were still kept wrapped around her. minyoung looked up into his eyes, and saw herself reflected in them. she had always loved looking into his eyes, and she could not believe that she was now the only thing occupying those eyes she loved so much.

"were you mad?" he asked in a small voice, "that i was about to leave without telling any of you?"

"all i could think of was getting to you, i don't think i had time to feel angry." she confessed honestly.

"you'll be back though, right?" she suddenly asked, looking away.

"its only five years, i'll be back before you know it!"

"good, good..." she bit her lip, "i'll wait."

"i'll wait too, till we see each other once more." yeonjun smiled cheekily, "just look at our pictures together! i sent you some solo shots too!"

"i don't remember ever having asked for a picture of a smurf." she thought back to the very first picture he had sent her.

they looked at each other in silence for awhile before he pulled her in for another hug. he buried his face in her neck this time, and she stroked his head gently. both felt tears rolling down their cheeks, but neither of them acknowledged it, preferring to comfort each other in silence.

"oi!"

a shout and a platter of footsteps later, the couple found themselves in the middle of a group hug.

"we'll really miss you alot." beomgyu said once they released themselves from the hug and yeonjun was about to check in.

"i call dibs on his seat in class! its right next to the window, perfect for a nap!" taehyun yelled.

yeonjun acknowledged them all with a wave of his hand.

"see you soon, promise?"

"promise." 

with that, he took one last look at his dearest friends, his eyes lingering on minyoung, who was at the end of the line. he made to make his way past the barrier, but stopped in his tracks.

"i forgot something."

in three large strides, he had reached minyoung and had cupped her face in his hands. with a small smirk, he placed a gentle kiss on the top of her head before pulling away.

"we'll continue when i'm back." he winked as he (finally) entered the gates and disappeared out of sight.

the rest of the group struggled to contain their laughter at how red minyoung's ears had become as she covered her face with her hands before walking off.

"unfair how she was the only one who got a good-bye kiss." taehyun shouted after her, before slinging his arm over beomgyu's shoulders as the rest of the group walked away, each silently comforted knowing that yeonjun would do well wherever he went.

+hello! first off, i know i said i would finish this soon, but that was before i started reading on this app again. i've been sucked back into the world of fanfiction, and not just any fanfiction, its bloody harry potter fanfiction and theyre all really good- i've been spending almost 10hrs a week on this app and its not even for writing...