twenty eight - movie

-

-

"lets go celebrate your victory!" yeonjun was jumping around so happily that minyoung wondered if she actually was the person who had won.

"what victory?" she laughed, "they still have to make a decision, a win does not mean entry."

"even so, i think you did amazing!"

she could only laugh once more as yeonjun dragged her out the school gates, and they boarded the first bus that came.

"wait, where does this bus even go?" realisation struck only after she noticed that the scenery was unfamiliar.

"nowhere, anywhere," he said simply, "wait, i'll get us seats."

they got seats next to each other a few seconds later, after he had death-stared another passenger who was sitting on the seats nearest to them. the said passenger moved to a single seat in front, shooting dirty glances every so often. she swore she heard him mumble "do single people not have rights to even choose their seats?", pretending not to have heard.

they spent the rest of the bus ride talking about anything that came to mind and looking out the bus window, admiring the city view as the sun started to set. minyoung was fully relaxed now, and the soft drone of the bus engine was making was sleepy. she started to drift off, but was awakened when yeonjun shook her violently.

"minyoung! wake up! lets get off here!"

without giving her soul a chance to settle back into her body after he had shaken her so intensely, he had already dragged her off the bus.

she closed my eyes, trying to compose herself after the intense twenty seconds. when she opened them, yeonjun was staring at her with his hand out, waiting for me to hold it.

"sunsets mean golden hour pictures." he waved a polaroid camera and a film camera in front of my face.

they leaned against the railings of the bridge, and once they were sure they had the view in frame, they posed and started snapping away.

"i'm pretty sure we used up all the film." 

"i bought this film camera to capture the most beautiful moments in my life, and you're a big part of that." he carefully stowed the camera away in his bag before turning to her.

he cupped her face in both his hands once more, an action he noticed she liked. he grinned when he noticed her ears already turning red.

"your ears turn red so easily huh," his grin changed into a smirk, "am i making your heart race?"

she slapped his hands off her face, flustered by the tone he had used.

"mmm i know, i get those too." he turned away to admire the view.

"what do you mean?"

"that fluttery feeling in your stomach whenever you do anything," he answered simply, "but i'm sure you won't be able to understand how fluttery it can actually get."