six - not as bad as i thought

-

-

she took to running, making her way around the track. as she thought back to yeonjun's smug attitude and his refusal to put his all into the programme, she felt herself boiling. she unconsciously started taking larger strides.

"ah!" a pain in her right hamstring when when she took a step forward. 

while the pain was bearable, the suddenness of it had caused her to tumble, resulting in scraped knees.

she tried to get up, but the pain got worse, and her knees had started to bleed.

"oi, minyoung!" she heard yeonjun's voice as he jogged over, his voice filled with anger.

"i think i might have pulled my hamstring." she panted out as yeonjun reached out to check her injuries.

"you didn't bother to stretch before starting did you?" he scolded when she reacted in pain whilst he was checking.

"seems like a minor pull," he continued, "its painful when it happens, but a few days of rest would help."

he suddenly bent into a squatting position as he faced his back in her direction. she tilted her head, not understanding.

"hop on."

"no, no it's okay i can just-" she started.

"with those bleeding knees? trust me, you won't make it past half the field before sunset. now get on."

she reached out gingerly and climbed onto his back, arms looping as loosely as she could.

"hold on tight." he said as he stood up.

she could feel already feel herself slipping due to the fact that she was holding on as minimally as she could, petty about the fact that he refused to help her out in the first place.

"please make my job easier." he hoisted her up, such that he had a more stable grip.

the sudden jolt caused her to jump in shock as she gave a short yelp and tightened her arms around his neck.

"i thought so." he trudged past the stands.

"wait, where are we going?" she reacted in surprise.

"i'll just help you deal with the wound with the first aid kit." he replied curtly.

figuring that she might as well make the most of her journey, she adjusted her arms into a more comfortable position and lightly rested her head on yeonjun's back, finding it uncomfortable to be breathing next to his neck like that.