twenty - teaspoons

-

-

"why did i ask him that?" she knocked her head against the bedpost, "was it a stupid move?"

minyoung was currently on the floor of her bedroom, and beomgyu had decided to come over. none of her friends had been to her house, but beomgyu insisted on coming when she texted him about having asked yeonjun out for lunch.

"don't worry, everyone's stupid in front of their crush." he said matter-of-factly, chewing on a piece of bread.

"i know," she sighed, "but what if he feels even more pressured now? like... i'm forcing him or something!"

she had worked herself up into some sort of frenzy, but all beomgyu did was shrug.

"well, deal with it as it comes i guess?" he had finished his piece, and his hand shot out for his third.

"that's not yours!" she scolded him, smacking his hand as he recoiled.

"what seulgi doesn't know won't hurt her." he pouted before squeezing himself into a corner of the room.

she gave another sigh and sat up, looking at the sheets of paper scattered on the floor. she picked them up, knowing that beomgyu had been scribbling on them the whole time they were talking.

to her surprise, it turned out that he had been noting down everything she had said, as well as come up with possible scenarios that could occur, such that they could be prepared. she smiled gratefully, and pushed the plate towards him.

"i'm sorry," she cooed, "you're one of the best friends i could ever ask for."

he gave a small grunt and deliberately turned away. but minyoung knew him well by now, and she simply waited.

sure enough, he turned back around, pursing his lips as he did so. his hand stretched out gingerly for the sandwich, and as he bit into it, he kept the same lofty expression on his face.

"you're lucky you're gifted with the ability to make good sandwiches."

"now that you're done with your little temper tantrum," she flicked his chin lightly, "you help me."

he saluted whilst popping the last bit of his sandwich into his mouth.

"i'm no love expert-"

"obviously."

she rolled her eyes before continuing, "but i've watched enough dramas to understand the essence of it." she flipped through the many sheets of paper on the floor.

"as expected from someone like you," beomgyu remarked when he saw her pull out the mindmaps she had drawn earlier, "you're so analytical."

she chose not to answer, turning her focus to the messy lines she had used to join each scenario; a different colour for a different feeling."