five - why is it you?

-

-

when soobin walked into class the next week, a silently glowering yeonjun sat at his desk, capping his pens and flipping his papers with a promise of death.

"woah woah firehead, calm down." soobin gave him a light pat on his shoulder before taking his own seat.

"leave him be, its that time of the year." hueningkai yawned as he adjusted his books before putting his head down on them again and closing his eyes.

"ah, it happened earlier than i thought." soobin said in reply.

"i can't believe even after all the appeals i sent in, they're still keeping up with this crap." yeonjun turned to soobin, whose seat was next to his.

"you're the only one who doesn't like it." minyoung spoke up, "what's wrong with getting to learn from others?"

"i'll tell you why," he went up to her, "it disrupts my important trainings and unlike some, i don't have time to simply waste away."

"so what?" she stood up to face him, "its not as if you don't get to train at the same time."

their classmates who were already present started whispering, while those who had just arrived to class looked confused. beomgyu placed his hand over his forehead before deliberately facing the other direction.

"as long as it isn't you."

"same here." she shot back.

yeonjun was about to give a cutting remark, but got interrupted by the arrival of the teacher.

-

"c'mon minyoung," seulgi pulled her by her sleeves, "lets go check our pairings!"

the school worked faster than she thought, and she made a note to tell her uncle so. they approached the main noticeboard, and students were already scrambling to see who they had gotten.

she stood on her toes, craning her neck to look over the heads. height was not something she was blessed with, so the numerous heads in front of her were posing quite a bit of challenge to her.

"oh, they're out." beomgyu's voice could be heard as the quintet came into view, parting the crowd easily.

they stared at the board listlessly, taking note of their names as well as the sport and group they were assigned to.

"OF ALL PEOPLE!" yeonjun shouted aloud, causing everyone to jump in fright.

"of all people they could have chosen to waste my damn time, they chose one of the most stubborn persons i've met." he turned to glare at her.

"what did i do this time?" she said exasperatedly as she looked at him confused.

he jerked his head to the board irritatedly. she purposely let out a dramatic sigh when she saw her name very clearly printed beneath his.