CH.13

They sat there silently, Argentina moving her legs back in forth as she sipped slowly on the tea served in front of her.

"So, you are to be a guardian..." at the heavy voice of Saraya Argentina glanced at her then continued sipping the tea. Saraya raised an eyebrow at how Argentina was not answering her.

"Hey. I am talking to you!" Saraya frowned at Argentina's non-responisve attitude. Less did she know that this was how Argentina felt with strangers.

"Who are you?" Argentina asked her  gaze penetrating  Saraya's. Making Saraya chuckle at the unbelievaility of that little kid.

"When you talk to adults, you talk with respect." Saraya countered back with a stiff demeanour. Argentina just took another sip from her cup finishing it. Then turned to take a bite from a nearby cookie. Saraya had a visible nerve on her forehead, but she just sat there not knowing what that kid was doing.

"I didn't talk to you in a bad way. I just asked who you are. Is that deemed as disrespectful?" Argentina tilted her head with a smiling face. Her chin resting on her hand.

"You little..." Saraya mumbled getting annoyed but, she sighed. The girl was just a small child. She shouldn't butt heads with her.

"you don't know who I am?" She asked getting actually curious at how the little girl's train of thoughts worked. Argentina looked at Saraya with an anonymous gaze. For the surprise of Saraya, she couldn't read Argentina at all. Saraya used her energy directing ability making her eyes widen in a shock.

A pulsing essence? Is that why Darkon was interested?

She let go of the ability to not decrease her stamina and waited for Argentina to respond to her question. Argentina shrugged, "When Eliase..." she is calling him Eliase...just like that? "...introduced himself, you didn't. And I don't talk to strangers."

Once Argentina finished, Saraya scoffed. She folded her arms to her chest staring at Argentina who stared right back at her. An imaginary electric line connecting both their eyes. "You didn't introduce yourself too." Saraya smirked. Argentina narrowed her eyes at Saraya then...

Pfft.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Once Saraya heard that sarcastic laugh an imaginary line that held her sanity intact snapped. Argentina just shrugged and mumbled to herself, purposely making Saraya hear her. "A child introducing herself to on adult first.. wow." With a bored demouner.

Saraya was so dumbfounded that she was utterly speechless. "Well, my name is Saraya...and contrary to what you think, I do know you, Argentina." She gritted her teeth at Argentina's name making her frown.

"...that's why I came to talk to you, but looks like you are such a reserved kid, that's why you don't have much friends...poor you." Saraya sighed in pity making Argentina smile drop. And her brown eyes narrow.

"You are the one who started it." Argentina was actually mad saying those words. Saraya was the one who looked at her like she was a lowly thing when she first saw her, and right now she didn't even talk to her nicely and Argentina was supposed to be cute with someone who deemed her lowly?

Saraya stared at her for one moment before she tskd and thrashed her shoulder length hair. Looking back to what the kid meant, she was right. Saraya was a very skeptical person, even to children. Not knowing what to say Saray just took her tea cup and sipped in annoyance.

After a moment of silence Saraya remembered why she came to talk to the kid in the first place. "I know that you might not like me that much, but...do you know what a guardian is, Argentina?" Saraya was so intent on not making that child make hazy decisions. And that would be one, if she wants to be a guardian. It's not a joke. It's serious and hard for a normal child to bear.