CH.18

Long, long ago. There was chaos everywhere, humans killed, raped and stole from everyone. No one cared about order. That was until the guardians were recruited for the first time. They didn't only put order, but they were too strong mentally and physically that no one could come close to them.

They were loved by all the villagers, they protected them from the inside and from the outside. Sometimes even brought them exquisite supplies every now and then. Each and every guardian was loved...but, one day killing started again. Not only killing, but brutal executions. With blood marking the walls, the streets and homes of innocent people. Sometimes people would wake up and see bodies scattered at the middle of the streets.

Rumours spread about the late night monster, and people feared going outside at night. Only the brave ones who did crimes took advantage of these rumours and started to roam the streets at night, that was until they disappeared one by one...

Some people were scared, others were grateful as crimes lessened by half at that time.

One time a person was screaming, "the monsters are the guardians! The monsters are the guardians!" No one believed him of course, but the rumour spread and fear caught up to the people each time they saw a guardian near by.

One time a master guardian stood up in the middle of the roads and announced a new rule, "no one should ever do crimes at night, no matter how small the crime is he will be executed at once. If the said crime is carried on at day, they will be punished according to the severity of the crime, but not at night." People raged at the cruelty of the rule. And they were now sure that the ones who brutally killed people at night were them.

Time passed and safety was spread inside the homes, outside in every street, women walked with comfort. Children played with ease and happiness not afraid of crime or cruel people. As they knew that there was someone keeping them safe both at night and day.

Criminals, smugglers and killers were afraid to lose their lives cruelly so they avoided the night time...until, the rumours turned into a myth and a bed time story that kept the children from walking the streets at night...

Eliase and Saraya were called by the Royal officials leaving Darkon with the kids as they gazed at him, some with wonder and some with fear...only Argentina didn't have any expression on her face. Darkon moved back and forth in front of him.

"Why do you think should I train you mentally?" He tilted his head. His eyes still glowing making him look lethal despite of his smile. He moved away from the wooden steps and stepped down in front of them. Some of the kids took a step back making him look at the space they made between him and them and chuckle lowly.

"Wow..." he shook his head. "We have a lot of work to do~" he walked back and forth between them with boredom, "no brave one ready to answer." His smile was no where to be found as he looked everywhere aside from the trainees..."boring, you are all boring. Should I just send you all head first?" He put a finger on his chin as if contemplating should he send them, should he not?

"I think it's because we will see creatures unkown to us, so we need to be prepared mentally?" Argentina asked.

"Wrong!" Suddenly she saw Darkon's face close to hers making her startled.