CH. 10

The silence of the roads, the darkness and the slight illumination of the moon reflected how it was that time of day that everyone was sleeping in their huts. Away from the darkness either sleeping to retain energy for the new sunny day, or working to provide for their families from their homes. Inside one of the houses sat a pretty lady tucking her children to sleep gently. She started singing a lullaby, her voice a warming tone. The children too young to understand the words, but only young to sleep to the sweet melody of the sad song. As she started to sing, a man was walking in the streets, looking and watching for any...easy prey.

Wolves asleep amidst the trees.
Bats all A-sawying in the breeze.

The man had a glazed look decorating his eyes, walking aimlessly, hungry and tired. Feet carrying him with no purpose. He knew that he can't find anyone.People are so good right now. He bit his nails anxious and desperate.

But one soul lies anxious wide awake.

"You...promised."
"You...gave a word."
"Wait...Wait...Wait."

He was repeating incomprehensible words, eyes crazy. He walked and walked. The only sound anyone could  hear was the breeze moving trees far away. He moved aimlessly looking at dark alleys, wishing for anything to calm him.

Fearing all manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths

Far away from the man were faint voices of laughing men, wickedly counting gold coins as they discussed how that by solding the neighbour's daughter did they have a feast of money. They were laughing only one of them knew about the wicked stories.

For you dolly polly.
Sleep has flown.
Don't dare let her tremble alone...

The wicked laughing caught the ears of the man making his smile widen and the picking of his nail uprubtly stop. his wicked grin reaching both his eyes. He moved slowly to the sound

For the witcher
Heartless...cold...

One of the men was sweating profoundly as his partners laughed and had wicked eyes around the gold feast they held. He gulped looking around him making one of his partners tsk in annoyance. "Oi, that stupid story you being chicken about is not but a f#cking children's story" he hit his arm to make him stop shivering. "I am telling the truth! there is a monster that walks the streets looking for someone to kill." His voice was trembling to the point of his partners not understanding anything. "Ay! A monster! That's not but a stupid myth your dead grandmother told ya' about." They cackled disgustingly. Hitting the one who feared his life, but still did all that for the money. He was tricking those idiots and the girl they thought they sold was replaced by a doll. He saved her at the last minute, he remembered his sisters and couldn't do it.

He comes, he'll goes...
Leave naught behind.

One moment after they stopped laughing, a cold breeze passed them following a calm melodic voice, but held a sinister undertone"I am heart broken, really..."They heard the voice outside the ally they were standing at. turning to see a shadow of a man standing there with worn out clothes, and eyes covered with hair. "That you think I am a monster." The man tilted his head at them with a wicked smile. He looked overjoyed.

But heartache and woe...

"What the hell are you?"the man who ridiculed the other scared man stepped to the crazy man leaving the ally behind. He took a hold of the man's collar and shook him. The wicked man only smiled. "What are you smiling at, huh!" The man with the gold shouted at the other fairly young man, who didn't answer him but only chuckled and that chuckle soon turned into a laugh, that laugh turned into a loud crazy screaming making the man with the gold let go of that crazy person and step back.

Deep...deep, woe...

The laughing person stopped uprubtly his eyes glistening with tears, "you are a bad person...right?" His eyes kept weeping as he took a step towards the man. Extending his hands as if desperate, looking like homeless boy looking for food.

Birds are silent for the night
Cows turned in as daylight days.

"Crazy scum!" The man spit at the person and wiped his sweaty palm on his trousers.

"A bad man..."
"Bad, bad...man." he repeated holding his face as he laughed, hid eyes kept weeping, but his laugh was too much to bear. Then his smile dropped...

But one soul lies anxious wide awake.

Suddenly a scream was heard in the silence of night, making the men's partners look at the direction of the scream, then after the scream...

They heard crunches and sounds of something breaking, with a howling sound of a haunting scream, That seemed endless.

My dear dolly polly,
Shut your eyes
Lie still, lie silent.
Utter no cries...

"I told you! We are dead. We are bloody dead!" The person who saved the girl and took the money started to walk away, when he turned he could hear the twinkling of drops of water falling on the ground...what he didn't know is that twinkling sound was not water...

As the witcher,
Brave and bold...

Suddenly the light of the moon illuminated half of the man's face and what graced the man who saved the girl, was a bloody face smirking wickedly at him moving with slow steps, the man who saved the girl fell down with a silent scream, one by one the moon illuminated the whole person as he held a head in his hand...drops of blood falling from the severed head into the ground...

As the other man tried to run away, he couldn't as in the speed of light did the crazy man holding the head let it go making it roll until it stopped right next to the man who saved the girl...the man held his head his eyes bulging, feeling warm sensation filling his legs as he shook in utter fear...

He'll chop...

The man could only stare at the soulless wide eyes staring at him, hearing a haunting scream followed by the sound of cracking then screaming...

And slice you

and cutting...then screaming

Cut...

The sound of a crazy laugh fades in the haunting sound of screaming and the dark night...

And dice you...

Slouching sounds of blood, splashing on him...near him, at walls...

And eat you up whole..

Then utter silence...

Slow steps moves near the trembling man, wet steps...dry steps...but he knew that this was steps that speed up his doom.

"Hmm...you are not bad..."the crazy man tilted his head and bent down on his knees near the man who saved the girl, he grinned and threw another head near the man making him scream bloody murder not stopping..."...but, bad enough to make you live to tell." He laughed again. Moving away with a satisfied grin.

Eat you whole...

The mother kissed her children's foreheads after she finished singing looking at them sweetly before closing the doors to her children's room...

________________________________________